PDA

View Full Version : Cherrim Analysis

Sheep
05-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Due to some recent events and family problems, I haven't been able to catch up with my duty as a potential analyzer. Then I saw fatman get Analyzer. Just like Garchomp on Smogon's Suspect Ladder, I was OUTRAAAAAAGED. So I went ahead and made this analysis.

Cherrim:

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/cherrim.png

Summary:

Most Used Cherrim Set:

Cherrim is usually used as a Sunny Day set upper. This is because it is quite fast, is very sturdy under Sunny Day, and can hit quite hard.

Usual Counters:

Anything that has a Fire move or a Flying move.

Types of Teams Cherrim Is Used On:

Sunny Day teams, for obvious reasons.

In Depth:

http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa421.pngSunny Supporter@ Heat Rock / Leftovers
Ability: Flower Gift
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

- Sunny Day
- Protect
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power Fire

This Cherrim set can be a great supporter for any Under Used Sunny Day team. It can possibly aid Shiftry sweep better. The Special Defense boost is a great asset to Cherrim, as it adds to its survivability. SolarBeam is a powerful move that can possibly OHKO bulky Water-types. Hidden Power Fire takes care of Steel-types, while Protect helps stall.

http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa421.pngSwords Dancer@ Leftovers / Life Orb / Lum Berry
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

- Swords Dance
- Petal Dance
- Return
- Substitute

This is the Swords Dance Cherrim set, which doesn’t need Sunny Day support; but it doesn’t hurt to have it. Petal Dance is the crux of this set, since after a Swords Dance, Petal Dance can possibly OHKO a Lapras. Return is mainly filler. Substitute helps Cherrim avoid harmful status ailments, such as Toxic or even a Burn.

As far as Item choices go, you could use Leftovers to recover Health. However, Life Orb gives you the needed extra boost in power. In addition, Lum Berry can cure the Confusion caused by Petal Dance.

http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa421.pngGrowth@ Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

- Growth
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute

This is where Cherrim attempts to sweep, using its above average Special Attack stat. Growth boosts Cherrim’s Special Attack stat. After a Growth boost, Energy Ball is capable of OHKOing the standard Lapras.

Other Options:

Cherrim learns Toxic and Rest. However, it still can't do much since its movepool lacks support.

Opinion:

Cherrim the Flower Pokémon. It is known for its sweet charm and delicate looks, and it is able to cause some serious damage in the UU metagame, especially when used with Sunny Day teams.

Dimes
05-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Don't hate me. I am suprised too.

And this needs more sets imo. You made my analyses look like they were filled up.

Sheep
05-23-2009, 03:13 AM
There really isn't any other set is can use.

Milos
05-23-2009, 03:31 AM
dont write set 1 because there isnt a set 2

i am cool
05-23-2009, 06:39 AM
I laughed at "Oppinion".

I'm going to hardcore Edit this Analysis...

Sheep
05-23-2009, 03:55 PM
I noticed that as soon as I posted. Stupid edit box. >:l

Anyway, ALL of these sets you put in are Gimmicks.

I thought these analysis were sets that actually worked?

Dimes
05-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Needs Sunny Day on the SD set. Also, Flower Gift doesn't work on Shoddy. And using Cherrim means that it is a gimmick lol.

Sheep
05-23-2009, 10:27 PM
I went to shoddy and tested evey set

It can't suvive **** and it cant hit anything either

The only tier it would possibly be good in is in Little Cup.

Dimes
05-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Have we forgotten NU?

i am cool
05-24-2009, 02:46 AM
You tested it on Smogon, where UU is different than the old UU...

Old UU was basically stall, and if some of you actually went on TU Server to test it out with other TU members; then we wouldn't be having this argument. Basically, Cherrim outsped like 75% of the metagame, even though it has such a low Speed stat compared to the OU environment.

NU is a non-existant metagame, not on Smogon, not on TU. And it will remain this way because it seriously sucks.

How is something that can possibly OHKO an iffin' Lapras a gimmick?

Sheep
05-24-2009, 03:30 PM
So you're ecpecting people to play in a non-existant version of UU?

Noone plays NU, and if they do, it's mostly for fun.

i am cool
05-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Don't follow TU's tier lists, don't go on TU.

I don't get why you have to be a "Sheep" and follow another site's tier lists.

And NU doesn't exist anyways. Plus it's a broken metagame and we can't balance it; and it's the last priority for all of "us".

Dimes
05-28-2009, 08:15 PM
NU exists as much as LC does. Smogon has just decided that it isn't needed as not to many play it. Saying that because TU doesn't have the tier doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. It's like saying that because PC doesn't play BL doesn't mean that BL is nonexistant there.