PDA

View Full Version : Redone Drifblim Analysis

Dimes
05-22-2009, 09:05 PM
~Drifblim~

Drifblim, the OMGIMONABLIMP Pokemon, Drifblim are known for being great Baton Passers for Pokemon due to the High health Substitutes.

Type: Ghost/ Flying

HP: 150
Att:80
Def:44
Spatt:90
SpDef:54
Spe: 80

Tier: UU

Baton Passer

Drifblim:@ Salac Berry/Peyata Berry
Timid Nature
252 hp, 252 spd, 6 spdef
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Calm Mind
-Recycle/Shadow Ball

Immunity to Seismic Toss and 125 hp Subs , this thing can BP big Boosts to big sweepers. And Recycle allows for another consumption of a berry! I find this thing amazing for setting up.

Sweep Blimp:

Drifblim:@ Focus Sash
Hasty nature
Unburden
252 spatt, 252 spd, 6 att
-Explosion/ Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power [Fighting]
-Hypnosis

Destroys leads now too. Using the Opponent's power against you, you can lose your Focus Sash and get the unburden boost, while terrorizing the opponent with Unbeatable Coverage, shutting down a counter with Hypnosis and Blowing Up. I would use this as a lead, but you don't have too.

Weather Balloon:

Drifblim:@ Leftovers/Heat Rock/Damp Rock
252 hp, 252 Def, 6 spdef
Bold Nature
Aftermath
-Will-o-Wisp/Thunder Wave
-Rain Dance/ Sunny Day
-Hidden Power [Fire]/ Thunder
-Shadow Ball

This is a way to cripple sweepers and Pokemon and set up weather in UU. HpF gets to 105 base power and hits things well, while Thunder takes care of Water types in UU.

Charge Booster:

Drifblim:@ Life Orb/ Focus Sash/ Metronome/ Salac Berry
Modest Nature
252 Spatt, 252 Hp, 6 spd OR 252 Spatt, 252 spd, 6 hp.
Unburden/ Aftermath
-Charge Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power [Fighting]
-Baton Pass/ Substitute

A decent sweeper in UU. Drifblim is most known for the amazing Substitutes that it creates, so you might as well take advantage of them, or otherwise BP boosts. Unburden is only reccomended for Focus Sash, to get a big speed boost and live through something you normally wouldn't, however, due to the nonexistant absence of Stealth Rock, it isn't reccomended without a Spinner. Metronome may sound noobish, but on a Charge Beam set up, you will be using the same move over and over, so why not do more damage with them?

Opinion:

Drifblim doesn't have much of a Move Pool, but it has some support abilities and the wicked ability Unburden. It is a fun Pokemon to use and is essencial for a Baton Pass team.

Other Options:

A specs set could be used, as can a CM tanking set. Stockpile can be used for boosts and Swallow. Rain Dance/ Sunny Day could go on the Focus Sash set. A CB set is as useful as the ability to lick your elbow, but you can use it for laughs.

Counters:

Wish Bliss can easily take this on. Protecting the explosion is easy. Skarmory can also wall any set that is not the weather set. Any Phazers can have fun with Drifblim too, but it's unusual since most Drifblim are on Chain Teams, which usually have Ingrain.

I_am_cool, if you want more sets, you'll have to list some, because I'm as creative as a sock.