PDA

View Full Version : Muk Analysis

Dimes
06-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Muk:

Muk, the Sludge Pokemon. Muk contain and are made of toxins so dangerous and poisonous that one drop can destroy a lake. Muk can control these toxins and are generally friendly. Muk and Grimer, Muk's pre-evolution, both share the same weight.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/7c/089Muk.png

HP:105

Att: 105

Def: 75

SpAtt: 65

SpDef: 100

Spd: 50

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/74/Spr_4p_089.png Curser:

Muk:@ Leftovers/ Black Sludge
Careful Nature
252 Hp, 160 spdef, 6 att, 92 def
Sticky Hold
-Curse
-Poison Jab
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

The most standard set, Muk is a huge threat in UU. Curse boosts Muk's Defence to 302, and with 414 HP and 328 Special Defence, Muk is a brilliant wall. 371 attack after a Curse also proves that Muk is an amazing Tank, taking on Hitmontop and other Fighting Types. However, this set does fall to DD Altaria.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/74/Spr_4p_089.png Tank:

Brave nature
252 Hp, 68 Att, 188 SpDef
Sticky Hold
-Poison Jab
-Brick Break
-Payback
-Rest/ Giga Drain

The other Tank that won't need to use a turn setting up. Poison Jab is again the basic STAB and is more reliable than Gunk Shot, which can still be used. Brick Break+ Payback score nearly unresisted coverage, and Payback also gives you a 100 base attack on a switch in or Special Attacker that is faster. Rest is prefered, but Giga Drain doesn't incapacitate you for two turns.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/74/Spr_4p_089.png Choice Band:

Muk:@ Choice band
Adamant Nature
252 Hp, 252 Att, 6 SpDef
Sticky Hold
-Gunk Shot/ Poison Jab
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch/ Explosion
-Payback

A true Powerhouse. STAB Gunk Shot is still unreliable, but it is so powerful. Earthquake hits what resists Poison except Claydol, who can eat a SE Payback. Ice Punch can break Sandslash and bulky Ground switch ins, but Explosion can DESTROY basicly anything when you are low on health.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/74/Spr_4p_089.png Resttalk:

Impish
252 Hp, 252 Def, 6 SpDef
Sticky Hold
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Earthquake
-Poison Jab

A major Staller and Status absorber. It should be known that Muk gets rid of Toxic Spikes and is immune to Poisoning, so if you predict wrong on a Dual Status Pokemon, then you can Rest it off easier. Max Defence is useful for tanking the Physical attacks that plague Muk. Not Muk's best set, but still a decent one.

Opinion:

Possibly the best Poison Type and the most underated of them, Muk is amazing. Curse is Muk's best hope at OU, and is a monster in UU. the stat distrubution also is amazing for the Poison type and is what fuels Muk to be what it is. Sadly, this is hampered by the common Moveslot Syndrome.

Other Options:

Shadow Sneak on Curse can escape the Speed drop, and strike relatively hard. Subpunch sets are viable, while Haze stops Baton pass attempts. Acid Armour makes Muk a bigger and badder wall than before. Stockpile can even make Muk go Mixed, and Swallow can be used for healing.

Counters:

DD Altaria and Skarmory both work well. As can Metagross and of course, Steelix. Altaria needs to be wary of Ice Punch, though. Anything with decent Attack, STAB Earthquake and good Defence can take on Muk, like Rhyperior, Quagsire, Gastrodon and any other Bulky Ground. Roar messes up any Cursing attempt.

Dimes
06-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Will clean this up later. I'm really tired.

i am cool
06-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Certainly acceptable, good to see you put effort into this. You need to work on capitalization, though; and it's switch-ins.

Milos
06-09-2009, 07:12 PM
fix this up and use this: http://teamuber.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4569

Dimes
06-09-2009, 08:21 PM
^Disagree. As long as it is organised and natural to read, then there is no one proper format really. To scorn one's attempts because it isn't the same as what is normally posted, while still following needed items is regarded as SPAM in my book. No offense to anyone taken aback by this, but I don't wish to offend anyone, especially Milos, who doesn't usually post spam and who is awesome at making analyses.

Milos
06-09-2009, 10:08 PM
fatman you dont have to post it in the exact format as that, but it would be good if you had all those sections somewhere on your analysis

Dimes
06-09-2009, 10:11 PM
fatman you dont have to post it in the exact format as that, but it would be good if you had all those sections somewhere on your analysis

What am I missing?

Milos
06-09-2009, 10:27 PM
most used set and types of teams muk is used on

i am cool
06-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Thank you Milos <_<. Fatman, it is not your job to criticize the way I want this to be done. Just follow the format; organization comes from following one single "thing", not by doing what you feel "comfortable" with. You don't "disagree" with a final decision <_<.

Please don't argue with this post :D.

Dimes
06-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Thank you Milos <_<. Fatman, it is not your job to criticize the way I want this to be done. Just follow the format; organization comes from following one single "thing", not by doing what you feel "comfortable" with. You don't "disagree" with a final decision <_<.

Please don't argue with this post :D.

It is much as my job as it is yours. If you want me to agree, then you wouldn't criticize the format that I use.

Organisation is understandable and usable, not just the same thing. No decision is ever final unless it can't be changed.

PM me when you read this iac, when you PM me, I'll request that this whole arguement is deleted by an admin and carried on into VM, as this is just spam now.

Statigar
07-19-2009, 10:40 AM
^Disagree. As long as it is organised and natural to read, then there is no one proper format really. To scorn one's attempts because it isn't the same as what is normally posted, while still following needed items is regarded as SPAM in my book. No offense to anyone taken aback by this, but I don't wish to offend anyone, especially Milos, who doesn't usually post spam and who is awesome at making analyses.

actually it does matter. I have to put over 200 of these on the site soon, and if they dont have a similar format, its gonna be a ******* pain to add.

Fatman, i advise you stop "thinking" you know whats "right". I didnt give milos or iac expert analyser for nothing.

Milos
07-19-2009, 05:08 PM
finally someone with high authority has come to tell fatman we were right!

i am cool
07-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Wait so when I say something people think I'm wrong because I'm not a high authority figure?

Hmm...

Milos
07-20-2009, 03:28 AM
no just fatman

Dimes
07-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Hello I am IAC and I just do what the **** I want. I don't give a damn about the huge pain in the *** it is for other people by changing the entire format because I ******* can. I love deleting analyses by other people and reposting them as my own work.

Sheep
07-21-2009, 02:10 AM
Finally, someone lays down the law on the 12 year old analyser.