PDA

View Full Version : Payback-An OU RMT

Sprinkles
06-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Introduction
I was on the TU server one day when I saw my friend ACT had just won a tournament. I sent a challenge because I wanted to battle him. When all was said and done, he beat me, 4-0. In the course of the battle he used a Tyranitar with the moveset Payback, Rest, Curse, and Sleeptalk. I thought it was peculiar, but it inspired me to build a team around it. I asked my pal SoT if he would like to help me. He accepted, and together we built this magnificent team.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Role-
Swampert is one of the most reliable leads ever. Swampert takes on some of the most common leads, Metagross being number one. Swampert gets rocks down most of the time, and based on what the opponent does I can attack or switch. Most of the time it's attack though.
Moves-
Earthquake to deal with opposing Metagross leads, and a great stab move in general. Ice beam lets me come in on Salamence later, which is a major threat to this team. Stealth Rock is just win, and finally roar let's me psuedo-haze those annoying stat-uppers and rack up spikes and stealth rock damage.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flash Cannon
- Explosion

Role-
Magnezone traps steel that would be a big threat to Tyranitar. It can also explode on trouble Pokemon later in the match, albeit a weak explosion. I don't even think it OHKO's Blissey.
Moves-
Thunderbolt for the general steel killer move. HP Ice for those Mixed Salamences, although I might change it to HP Fire because I keep thinking it is and then losing to Scizor. Flash Cannon is for general stab, and hitting opposing Tyranitar for ~40 is nice. Explosion to go out with a bang.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP/80 Atk/176 Sdef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Pursuit

Role-
Scizor is yet again, another trapper. This Scizor uses the Uber spread so I can take special hits better. and **** I just realized that those SpD ev's are in SpA... That's why my Scizor hasn't been taking surfs too well. Anyway, enough with my rambling. Scizor makes a fine check to many OU Pokemon, most notably Tyranitar and Latias.
Moves-
Bullet punch is by far Scizor's greatest move, so it needed to be included. Every scizor needs BP. U-turn makes a great scouting move. Roost is to restore my health after killing off a Latias. Pursuit is to trap those Pokes that switch.

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/36 Atk/200 Def/20 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Role-
Skarmory sets up entry hazards that are oh so needed for this team, the only problem not having a spin blocker. Shed shell I have only needed once so I'm not sure if I should change this to leftovers.
Moves-
Brave Bird is needed on Skarmory to use as a last resort if I need it. Spikes are very needed. Whirlwind to psuedo-haze, rack up damage. Roost is to heal and start the cycle over again.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP/176 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Recover

Role-
Latias is amazing when it sets up, and it provides a way to counter certain threats, most importantly Infernape.
Infernape usually switches when I send this baby in, giving me a free substitute. When it sets up, Latias sweeps whole teams. The only problem is Scizor and Tyranitar.
Moves-
Substitute is very important on Latias, providing protection against Pursuit and status moves. The only negative to Substitute is not being able to switch into status. Dragon pulse is Godly. Calm Mind to increase bulk and Special Attack. Recover for healing.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Payback
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Role-
Tyranitar is the star of the show! After a few curses, even SE hits fail to leave a mark on tyranitar, only getting rested away. When this thing sets up, even walls like Suicune take ~50 after a couple curses. I'm considering changing Payback to Crunch, as the defense drop and added PP would be nice.
Moves-
Curse is an uber move, increasing Tyranitar's already above-average defenses. With the SpD EV's and boost from SS, special attacks aren't doing anything notorious either. Payback almost always hits second after a curse or two, increasing its power to 100 plus stab. Restalk is to increase its already high longevity.

Threat List coming soon.

FYS-guard
06-15-2009, 05:33 AM
If you ask me, pursuit on Scizor looks as if it won't be serving much of a purpose for your team. If your opponent is going to be switching to a counter and you predict the switch, you'd be better off using U-turn and bringing in the appropriate counter to your opponents poke. Doing this should allow you to set up your cursetar much easier, as well as forcing more switches by bringing in your counter after using U-turn. You'll still be dealing damage whilst furthur racking up stealth rock damage on your opponent.

A move such as Swords dance or brick break might prove to be much more helpful for your Scizor.

Magnezone wants HP fire. You'll be able to keep the rare grass types in check whilst one shotting Scizor before it has a change to use brick break on you. You'll also have a move to tackle any opposing Magnezones should one of them come in on you. Gliscor and Salamence appear to have counters ready to take them down should you happen to come across one of them.

Tony32
06-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Great team Alex and Tyranitar with Curse and payback Hit hard kinda But it's not as effective as DD tyranitar

Sprinkles
06-21-2009, 03:05 AM
Actually I do have a team with a Dragon Dance Tyranitar. And also thanks for the rate Arceus, I did change it to HP Fire. Also, pursuit is a great move in my opinion. This Scizor is called the trapper Scizor. If the opponent stays in, it gets nailed by Bullet Punch or U-turn, whilst if it switches it gets hit by Pursuit. So I can play mindgames with my opponent.