PDA

View Full Version : RMT Team (standard)

supertrunks8
06-21-2009, 08:14 AM
This is my main team that I use... it's pretty good (got me to sixth on the leaderboard), but I feel like it's... missing something. =/

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Levitate / Naive
58 Atk / 252 Spd / 200 Spa

~ Stealth Rock
~ Psychic
~ Fire Blast
~ Explosion

Explanation ~ This is a common Leadelf. It's main duty is to get stealth rock out. If it's not attacked the first turn, it will attack again the second turn to maxamize damage. Sometimes it is able to take 2 even three pokemon out.

EV's ~ The ev's and nature are both designed to make it outspeed most any lead (except for scarfed jirachi and aerodactyl, maybe others). Attack ev's to make explosion damage to be good, but then to have the psychic and fire blast

Infernape @ Life Orb
Blaze / Naive
6 Atk / 252 Spd / 252 Spa

~ Flamethrower
~ Grass Knot
~ HP Ice
~ Close Combat

Explanation ~ Nape is the mane one to come in after an Azelf explosion. It's moveset is so versitial, it can take out most threats that come out. Flamethrower is STAB, Grass Knot is for Swamperts and other assorted rocks, grounds and waters. HP Ice can stop a Flying/Dragon in it's tracks and Close Combat, even with low attack ev's packs a punch and can OHKO bliss who switch in thinking it's all special moves.

EV's ~ Ev's and nature are for speed, and special attack is the main promo here. Nuff said.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Volt Absorb / Naive
6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Spa

~ T-Bolt
~ HP Grass
~ Shadow Ball
~ Signal Beam

Explanation ~ Jolteon is another special sweeper, but thats all it is. Its speed makes it amazing and can sweep. T-bolt is for stab, HP Grass is hilarious for the Swampert switchins that thing this is of the choice specs variety. Shadow ball can take care of Rotom, psychics and other ghosts, while Signal Beam can stop Celebi dead in it's tracks. Life Orb instead of choice specs is because the recoil isn't much due to Jolteon's low survivability, and the freedom is very beneficial (swampert switch-ins).

EV's ~ Designed to maxamize speed, and to heighten special attacks.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Intimidate / Naughty
232 Atk / 252 Spd / 24 Spa

~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast

Explanation ~ Physcially based sweeper. He DD's, then proceeds with the correct move to sweep. Fire Blast is there to stop pesky Skarmory and other Steel switch in's in there tracks.

EV'S ~ I'm naughty for choosing naughty. Nah it's not adament to maxamize Fire Blast's power. Same as the ev's =/

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure / Calm
252 Def / 176 Spd / 82 Spa

~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Flamethrower
~ Toxic

Explanation ~ Ah beloved Wishbliss. She is a mighty good one. She and Skarmory go well together, for she poisons then stalls on special threats, toxic on supposed switches, and then if its a physical threat, switch to skarmory, who will do the appropriate action.

EV's ~ This is where I need someone's opinion the most. I'm wondering if I should drop some Special Def or Special Atk for HP EV's. I don't know.=/

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Keen Eye / Jolly
64 HP / 194 Def / 252 Spd

~ Brave Bird
~ Roost
~ Spikes
~ Whirlwind

Explanation ~ This is the physical wall. It get spikes up, which matched up with stealth rock can do even 37% damage, even 50% damage. Roost is easy to not work in time due to low speed, therefore blissey can pass the wish to it.

EV's ~ Ev's are designed to heighten defense and speed, and survivability.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Shoot i messed up the title :C Change that to RMT (standard) in your minds peoplez

Safe_Kid
06-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Will you please add some additional info on each pokemon and maybe add pictures.

supertrunks8
06-21-2009, 10:13 AM
What more is there to add ? 0.0

And the thing said not to put pictures preferably... and I suck with that kind of stuff >.>

Lord Jesseus
06-21-2009, 11:28 AM
This must be six of the most used pokemon there are...

Effective I'm sure, but where's teh originality?:(

supertrunks8
06-21-2009, 11:49 AM
in my billions of fun teams XD

zod
06-21-2009, 01:52 PM
I hate going against these teams. They work but there not that fun. Not much to rate.

Dimes
06-21-2009, 06:16 PM
If you really want to get more "oomph", then you can go Specs Infernape instead of LO ape.

Tony32
06-21-2009, 10:17 PM
i went up againtst you many times and you beat me alot of time and i beat you alot of times...only thing i noticed is that this is a good team..But you have a lucario weakness even though you have ape When my lucario got up 1 SD it was over for you...But what really ****** me over many times was your Mory....But overall it is pretty standard...but it's a ok team

supertrunks8
06-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah... that's one of the things I posted this here for... I do have a HUGE Lucario weakness. Any suggestions for that?

Tony32
06-22-2009, 06:48 AM
Hmm....Maby A magnezone will help...Maby a scarf zone idk lol..

supertrunks8
06-22-2009, 08:06 AM
big help lol

=/ IDK >.>

ekspo
06-22-2009, 12:08 PM
gyarados generally snap lucarios in half... resists both stabs and its natural bulkiness + intimidate hardly make lucario a threat.. plus it can set up DD or just plain EQ it to death :) replace your salamence with a bulky gyarados =], you have jolteon there to support gyarados's major electric weakness.

supertrunks8
06-22-2009, 01:27 PM
ah thanks thats a really good idea ! 0.0

replace salamence with...

Gyarados @ Leftovers
intimidate / Adament
156 HP / 110 Atk / 100 Def / 124 Spd

~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ EQ
~ Stone Edge

Explanation To get rid of pesky ol luke weakness but still replace Mence

EV's Designed to boost attack, HP, Defense, and speed.

Screaming Angel
06-29-2009, 08:04 PM
A good team but I have no idea why you run Skarmory and Blissey on an offensive team. Zapdos could go over Blissey or Skarm to help aliviate Lucario problems. Once Skarmory is down ( And its going to be fast if your oponent has a magnezone) Jolly Dragon Dance LO Gyarados sweeps this team. A Scarf Rotom-H would help over Skarmory to revenge kill here are the sets:

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/145.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure / Bold
248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe

~ Thunderbolt
~ Heat Wave
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Roost

and for the Rotom...

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/499.png

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Levitate/ Timid
4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~Thunderbolt
~Overheat
~Shadow Ball
~Trick

Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are for STAB Trick is to ruin stall and Overheat kills steels not named heatran.