PDA

View Full Version : Pelipper Analysis.

i am cool
06-25-2009, 04:41 PM
First and foremost, this has been done by jonahrob94; one of the newest and best analysers I have laid my eyes upon! The work and improvement he did was excellent, and I would like to commend him on a great job; since he created original and viable sets no one, even I, would probably think of. Anyways, on to the corrected analysis:

Pelipper:

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/pelipper.png

Summary:

Most Used Pelipper Set:

Due to Pelipper’s above average Special Defense stat, it is usually found running sets that abuse the aforementioned Special Defense stat. Some prime examples of this include: The Toxic Staller and the Sleep Talker.

Usual Counters:

Pelipper’s counters include anything that has Thunderbolt or Lanturn; Lanturn easily resists everything Pelipper has, except Hidden Power Grass, and can retaliate in an appropriate way.

Types of Teams Pelipper Is Used On:

Pelipper, a mediocre Pokémon, is usually found on teams that are of low capabilities. This is to say that you’ll find Pelipper on “fun” teams or teams that are composed of stalling Pokémon.

In Depth:

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_pelipper.gifToxic Staller@ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk) Or Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

- Roost
- Aqua Ring / Stockpile
- Toxic
- Air Slash / Surf

Since Pelliper has decent Defenses and a great typing combination, it makes a good tank. And fortunately, in its very limited movepool it is provided with a reliable recovery move; and another amazing move, exclusive to only a few Water-types, called Aqua Ring. All you really have to do with this set is Poison the opponent with Toxic and continue to stall.

Surf provides Pelipper with a way of defeating Fire-types, who would otherwise defeat him if he is running Air Slash. However, Air Slash presents Pelipper with the power of destroying Grass and Fighting-types; especially Pokémon such as Bellossom, Vileplume, Toxicroak, and Poliwrath. Either way, both of these moves will leave you walled by Lanturn—a Pokémon you should avoid at all costs.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_pelipper.gifSleep Talker@ Leftovers
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe

- Air Slash
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is a bit gimmicky, but it could work in the right situation. You can use Hydro Pump over Surf if you’re willing to risk Hydro Pump missing. Basic strategy here, you just attack and when health gets low you Rest. While you’re asleep you Sleep Talk until you’re awake. Just keep recycling this until you die.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_pelipper.gifChoice Sweeper@ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

- Air Slash
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Grass
- Ice Beam / Blizzard

In this set, any of the two Items you chose will strike you with a problem. Pelipper is either too slow to outspeed the opponent, or too weak to do significant damage to the opponent. However, Pelipper has Air Slash and Surf as his powerful STAB moves. You can use Hydro Pump over Surf if you want more damage, and are willing to risk missing.

You need Hidden Power Grass because without it, Lanturn, the best Pelipper counter, can destroy you. The last move is Ice Beam, which is for type coverage, and again you can use Blizzard if you’re willing to risk missing.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_pelipper.gifRain Support@ Damp Rock
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk) Or Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Spe

- Icy Wind
- Rain Dance
- Tailwind
- Toxic / Surf / Air Slash

A basic support set based around Speed. Use Rain Dance on the first turn, followed by Toxic or Icy Wind on the second. Then, the stalling parade begins! When you know you’re going to get knocked out, use Tailwind to give your switch-in a Speed boost. Icy Wind can lower the foes Speed, causing them to switch. In that slot, you can also use Surf or Air Slash if you would like a powerful STAB move.

Other Options:

Despite Pelipper having a much wider Physical movepool than Special; you just can’t use a Physical set because Pelipper’s Attack is so low.

However, Pelipper is presented with other moves to mess around with; these include:

Knock Off - to annoy and get rid of Pokémon who rely on their Item.

Stockpile – Not enough attention was brought to this move which can really help you when you’re stalling.

Opinion:

Pelipper isn’t great, but when used right and in the correct situation, it can make a good wall in the UU metagame; but its 4x weakness to Thunderbolt hinders its walling capabilities. All in all Pelipper is a decent wall, but there are many better Pokémon to fill its spot.

i am cool
06-26-2009, 06:10 AM
Some attention to this please?

jonahrob94
06-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Yea this is one of the greatest analysis i've ever seen, and im not just saying that because i made it. I mean it

Milos
06-26-2009, 11:05 PM
@ iac: this analysis is pretty good for a first timer like jonah

@ jonah: dont say that about your own analysis, especially when its NOT the best youve ever seen considering your a brand new analyser....

jonahrob94
06-27-2009, 01:52 AM
i was just messing around when i said that trying to draw attention to it

Tony32
06-27-2009, 01:54 AM
I see something wrong...IAC You need to post The Base stats Before you even start The Analysis..

zod
06-27-2009, 02:16 AM
James does that on the site?

Anyways an alright analysis. Little more info next time, i know its hard with not so strong pokemon to give good descriptions but try to do your best ;D

Tony32
06-27-2009, 02:27 AM
idk if you was talking to me..But if you look at other analysis it have the pokemon base stats..that's important.

Milos
06-27-2009, 03:08 AM
tony the base stats dont need to be put there...these new analysists have been given the idea they need to be put there but they dont, james does that on the site like zod said. putting the stats is just a matter of preferance

Tony32
06-27-2009, 05:20 AM
Oh Ok thanks Milos.

i am cool
06-27-2009, 05:36 AM
I don't know why members are putting Base stats; but they shouldn't.

Tony32
06-27-2009, 05:39 AM
Well iac for me it would help alot so before i even read the analysis i would know what pelipper Strenths and weakness are..

i am cool
06-27-2009, 02:17 PM
They'll be on the site...It's in the Pokédex project.