PDA

View Full Version : Parasect Analysis

Statigar
07-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Parasect:

http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/parasect.png

Summary:

Most Used Parasect Set:

Parasect performs extremely weakly in the OU metagame, mainly due to the many counters that are present in said metagame; however, in the Uber metagame, Parasect is surprisingly stronger and more efficient, as it has the ability to counter several legendary Pokémon due to its typing and Ability. Thus, the Uber-Sect set is the most used Parasect set.

Usual Counters:

Parasect is severely vulnerable to Flying-type Pokémon due to its typing. It has no way of severely damaging a Flying-type Pokémon, and therefore its usual counters include Pokémon such as Lugia, Togekiss, Zapdos etc. Beware of Ho-oh especially as they can OHKO Parasect with Sacred Fire.

Due to Parasect knowing "Spore", it can become quite difficult to counter, so it does become handy to bring a Noctowl with Insomnia to ensure you won’t get wrecked!

Types of Teams Parasect Is Used On:

Parasect would fit in very well in a stall team or an offensive team, depending on your liking. It is very effective on stall teams due to its "Spore" attack, and the other life leeching moves it possesses. In offensive teams, particularly when the opponent has focused on Speed, Parasect can supply a viable stall and can be used as a keen set up to a planned sweep on your behalf.

In Depth:

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_parasect.gifUber-Sect@ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 230 HP / 20 Atk / 100 Def / 160 SpD
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

- Spore / Stun Spore
- Seed Bomb
- X-Scissor
- Aromatherapy / Light Screen

Parasect is rarely seen in the OU metagame due to the number of counters available, however, it is surprisingly useful in the Uber metagame, due to its Ability and typing. Due to its Dry Skin Ability, it is able to not only resist Water-type attacks, but it also recovers health in aqueous conditions (Rain Dance), making it very strong, particularly if your opponent sent out a Kyogre. Parasect can withstand 4 Thunders from a Choice Specs Kyogre, making it a decent choice for any Uber team. Parasect's Spore attack offers a 100% guaranteed Sleep condition, allowing it to gain the ability to counter many of your opponent’s Pokémon.

Parasect’s type is Grass/Bug, therefore, it has weaknesses to Fire and Flying, making it a poor choice against Ho-oh. However, it is 4x resistant to Ground, making it a viable switch if you're definite your opponent would use a Ground move.

Parasect can cripple the opponent with "Spore" or even "Stun Spore", allowing you the time to set up. Using X-Scissor provides not only STAB, but the ability to 2HKO Darkrai, Mewtwo, Latias, and Latios. Seed Bomb is also a good move as it will 2HKO Kyogre. Parasect can also be used as a healer to your team, and the move Aromatherapy is useful, particularly in situations where Darkrai has placed your Pokémon to Sleep.

Leftovers allows Parasect to recover quickly, particularly in Rain, where it allows Parasect to heal 18.5% a turn, and only take 6.25% damage in the Sun. This healing turns many 2HKOs into 3HKOs with the Rain as a support.

Other options include the use of Grass Knot, which can potentially be lethal to Groudon, however, due to Parasect's poor SpA stat, it’s not necessarily a good option. Synthesis is a good move, especially when Parasect's health is being zapped in Sunny conditions.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_parasect.gifDon’t pick this mushroom@ Focus Sash / Coba Berry
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)

- Cross Poison / Swords Dance
- Double-Edge / Counter
- X-Scissor / Spore
- Pursuit / Slash

This set is very useful for attempting to counter Flying foes. The Focus Sash is important for ensuring you don’t get OHKOed, or, alternatively, the Coba Berry can be used to weaken Super Effective Flying-type moves. As most Flying-type moves are Physical, if a Flying opponent were to hit, Defense EVs and Parasect’s Impish Nature will allow it to survive several hits from the foe, giving you the chance to use Double-Edge, Slash, or even set up Swords Dance to take advantage of Parasect’s Attack stat.

Double-Edge and Slash can be useful as they are of normal effectiveness against Flying-type Pokémon. There is also an option for you to use Spore to Sleep the foe, then use Pursuit to deal immediate damage to the foe. Counter can be used with Focus Sash to trick your opponent. This is possibly the best way to guarantee countering a Flying-type Pokémon.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_parasect.gifTyranisect@ Leftovers / Focus Sash
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 SpD

- Spore
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Seed Bomb / Brick Break / Aerial Ace / Body Slam

Parasect has a strong Attack stat, and this set takes advantage of that. With a 100% accurate Spore, you are easily able to setup a Swords Dance, giving you an amazing 634 Attack stat. This set performs very well against Blissey. Due to Parasect’s poor Speed of 133, a Focus Sash is important to deal with heavy hits from Flying foes or other strong Pokémon.

X-Scissor is vital for Parasect, as it’s the best STAB move of its type, offering a good attack against Dark and Psychic Pokémon. This Parasect also performs well in the UU metagame. The last move in the set can be decided based on personal preference. Seed Bomb provides good coverage against Water Pokémon, whereas Brick Break provides security against Rock and Steel Pokémon.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_parasect.gifMushroom Suicide@ Choice Band
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 150 SpD

- X-Scissor
- Seed Bomb
- Pursuit
- Brick Break / Aerial Ace / Body Slam / Spore

This set allows Parasect to deal serious damage without the need to set up with Swords Dance. With 475 Attack, Parasect can immediately deal damage. Due to the choice Item, Spore would be difficult to set up, because you would have to switch; therefore, you have one extra move for countering a wider variety of Pokémon types.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_parasect.gifStatus Annoyer@ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)

- Stun Spore / Cross Poison
- Spore
- X-Scissor
- Pursuit

With Parasect's Effect Spore Ability, you are almost guaranteed to give your opponent Sleep / Paralysis. Pursuit is a useful move to create damage to the foe when it switches out. It’s also a decent way to counter Psychic and Ghost Pokémon. X-Scissor will still do a decent amount of damage thanks to STAB, and Parasect's Attack stat still remains reasonably high.

Other Options:

Parasect works well with Quick Claws, however, they are banned in the competitive environment.

Parasect really doesn’t have any more options left; unless you decide to be courageous and run a Special Parasect.

Opinion:

Parasect's "Spore" move is the key to it being used successfully, as it provides a definite Sleep effect to the opponent. Together with Pursuit, you can easily damage the foe. This mushroom Pokémon also has a good typing to counter Ground, Grass, and Fighting-type Pokémon, which are all too common nowadays. X-Scissor, Pursuit, and Seed Bomb are all useful additions to Parasect’s Physical movepool.

As well as this, Parasect also has a vast number of "annoying" moves, and thanks to its Effect Spore Ability, it can easily drive your opponent insane.

The Dry Skin Ability makes Parasect very useful in the Uber metagame, particularly at countering Kyogre. Its Electric resistance also places an important key to its success.

Sadly, Parasect's typing does have its issues. It is 4x weak to both Flying and Fire, and together with its very low Speed stat, it has a very small chance of surviving a hit.

i am cool
07-04-2009, 09:41 AM
DW I'll finish this for you.

Statigar
07-04-2009, 10:41 AM
DW I'll finish this for you.

I finished it.

Tony32
07-04-2009, 12:01 PM
I'll be using Uber-Sect In my Uber lolz team...
But great analysis stat it's great work.

Galileo
07-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Wow James, this is a magnificient analysis!

Statigar
07-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Wow James, this is a magnificient analysis!

thankyou =D

Now i owe myself 1k points (D)

Galileo
07-04-2009, 02:06 PM
btw its Sitrus berry, not Citrus berry

Statigar
07-04-2009, 02:43 PM
btw its Sitrus berry, not Citrus berry

Woops, i just spelt it correctly

.. i mean woops .

Milos
07-04-2009, 02:54 PM
wow james wrote an analysis???? you only made a couple mistakes here and there on like capitalization and stuff, but otherwise its great!! give yourself 1k points lol

Dimes
07-04-2009, 06:51 PM
There's No SD F(l)ail set. D:

So needs an SD Flail set.

i am cool
07-05-2009, 06:23 AM
It has 30 Base Speed ._.

Larainge
01-07-2010, 07:28 PM
i use parasect i dont see a support one parasect can be pretty good on support

stun spore, poison, spore, synthesis or aromatherapy chiced scarfed nature:hasty ability effect spore 255speed and 255 hp note steath rocks does like 50% :(