PDA

View Full Version : Chimecho Analysis.

Tony32
07-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Chimecho:

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/chimecho.png

Summary:

Most Used Set:

Chimecho's support set is the most commonly used set on this Pokemon, as it takes advantage of Chimecho's large movepooland supports his team mates in different types of ways. This set allows Chimecho to withstand hits it normally would not thanks to the defensive screens.

Usual Counters:

Honckrow is immune to both Psychic and Hypnosis (Insomnia), and it's STABed Night Slash will always OHKO Chimecho. Another good counter is Hypno, who is immune to Hypnosis thanks to Insomnia, resists Psychic and has a huge Special Defense stat. Chimecho can only hope to beat it one on one with a move such as Toxic. Banette is on the same boat, although it doesn't have a resistance to Chimecho's Psychic attacks. Other powerful Dark types like Drapion or Absol are decent, altough they have to watch out for Hypnosis.

Types of Teams Chimecho Is Used On:

Chimecho learns the move Wish, so it is no surprise that he is used as a support Pokemon for most teams. Chimecho can also support your team by putting an opponent's Pokemon to sleep through the use of Hypnosis as well as setting up both Light Screen and Reflect.

In Depth:

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_chimecho.gifSupport@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 80 SpA / 60 SpD
Nature: Bold (+Def,-Atk)

- Knock Off / Hypnosis
- Psychic
- Wish / Reflect
- Thunder Wave / Heal Bell

Chimecho makes a fantastic supporter with the use of Wish and the defensive screens. With its impressive movepool it can really help your team in diffrent types of ways. Knock Off is a very useful move as it allows Chimecho to knock off an incoming Pokemon's Item, which can be very beneficial if it happens to be a Choice Band or a Choice Scarf. Chimecho also has a pretty decent base Special Attack. Chimecho can pass Wishes around to heal your team and can also use Heal Bell to clear your team from any unwanted status.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_chimecho.gifTrick Cho@ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)

- Trick
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Shadow Ball

This set is very useful as it can cripple many of Chimecho's counters. Pokemon like Hypno and Banette will not like being Tricked a Choice Scarf or Choice Specs. Psychic is your basic STAB move if you do not want to Trick away your item of choice just yet. Hidden Power Fighting and Shadow Ball give you unresisted type coverage and can aid in a late game sweep.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_chimecho.gifCalm Mind Cho@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 80 SpA / 60 SpD

- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball / Signal Beam
- Energy Ball / Hidden Power Ground

Most people underestimate Chimecho's Calm Minding abilities. Don't be fooled though, as Chimecho's immunities and resistances can often let it set up a Calm Mind or two. Psychic is your basic STAB move to destroy any Fighting-types you may encounter. Shadow Ball or Signal Beam can both be used in the third slot. While Shadow Ball hits other Psychic types, Signal Beam allows Chimecho to hit the Dark types that are bound to switch in. The choice for the last slot is up to preference. Energy Ball will hit bulky Water-types, while Hidden Power Ground lets you smack around those Steel-types that would otherwise wall this set.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_chimecho.gifDouble Status@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 116 Def / 80 SpA / 60 SpD

- Hypnosis
- Thunder Wave
- Wish / Recover
- Psychic

Chimecho's support movepool is wide, and this set aims to take advantage of that. Hypnosis will put any Pokemon that doesn't have the Ability Insomnia to sleep, while Thunder Wave will paralyze any foe that isn't a Ground-type. The choice between Wish and Recover is tricky; while Wish can heal your team, Recover grants Chimecho instant Recovery. Finally, Psychic is your sole STAB move of choice.

Other Options:

Dual-screen support Chimecho with Light Clay could help your team out as it could sponge special and physical attacks. A Trick Room set could be useful, but Chimecho simply does not have the power to inflict much damage. Grass Knot is an option to dispatch of Pokemon such as Gastrodon quickly.

Opinion:

Chimecho is a great Pokemon to use in the Never Used tier, as it provides steady support through the use of Thunder Wave, Wish, and Reflect and Light Screen. Even though Chimecho looks harmless, it could be a force to be reckoned with.

Tony32
07-09-2009, 10:11 PM
BTW: This is my first analysis so go easy on me D: xP.

Milos
07-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Tony you do this with everything that you write. You capitalize random words in the sentence. Fix that up....

Also don't use pictures for the sets. Use sprites.

Fix that up and i'll look at it more thoroughly.

Screaming Angel
07-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Milos maybe you could also go through my analysis and help me. BTW Tony change the item on Trick Chos to a choice item you don't want to trick leftovers. Write the full Calm Mind word not just CM. There's also some misspellings but I can't fix that right know as I am busy.

Edit: Change its counters, you say Noctowl is his biggest counter because it can take the sleep with Insomnia; but you don't mention a sleeping move in the analysis.

i am cool
07-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah fix that Tony. Also, glance at your sentence structure and improve it. Plus, the NU tier hasn't actually stabalized, so I'd like if you never reference that and just mention the Pokémon as if it were used in UU.

Please look at the wording and sentece structure; take for example: "Chimecho can be a great CM User. As it can come in on a Scarfed or Choice Banned Earth Quake/Earth Power and Set up. " It should be: "Chimecho can be a great CM user, as it can come in on a Scarfed or Choice Banned Earthquake / Earth Power and set up. "
Don't randomly capitalize stuff, and always watch out for wording and sentence combining to further improve a certain sentence's structure.

I'll give you time to rewrite this, don't have any worry about it. But please, do a good job the second time (not that this was bad...just the commentary :P).

Oh, and guys, please do more analyses ._. I'm bored of working all by myself; Milos, please return!

Tony32
07-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Arg Yea your right...I'll fix it up L8ter.

And btw Yea i do randomly capitalize ****. I need to break that habit.

i am cool
07-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Don't forget (D).

Milos
07-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Yeah fix that Tony. Also, glance at your sentence structure and improve it. Plus, the NU tier hasn't actually stabalized, so I'd like if you never reference that and just mention the Pokémon as if it were used in UU.

Please look at the wording and sentece structure; take for example: "Chimecho can be a great CM User. As it can come in on a Scarfed or Choice Banned Earth Quake/Earth Power and Set up. " It should be: "Chimecho can be a great CM user, as it can come in on a Scarfed or Choice Banned Earthquake / Earth Power and set up. "
Don't randomly capitalize stuff, and always watch out for wording and sentence combining to further improve a certain sentence's structure.

I'll give you time to rewrite this, don't have any worry about it. But please, do a good job the second time (not that this was bad...just the commentary :P).

Oh, and guys, please do more analyses ._. I'm bored of working all by myself; Milos, please return!

lmao iac you used to randomly capitalize things as well..and i am making one tonight!!

Tony32
07-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Fixed just about everything, anymore suggestions?

i am cool
07-09-2009, 10:44 PM
There's still a lot of stuff that is randomly capitalized, and I told you not to reference the NU tier. Plus, the misspellings are still there, and the sentence structure is still poor.

Come on Tony I know you can do better <3.

Tony32
07-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Uhg can you please point out the spelling? Cause apparently spell checks says No.

And how do i not talk about the NU tier when It's hardly ever used in UU? do i even talk about the tier at all?

Edit: >< is that better?

Galileo
07-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Some parts of this analysis are pretty much messed up. The Counters section made me laugh (sorry), let me point out what are CHimecho's counters.

Honckrow is immune to both Psychic and Hypnosis (Insomnia), and it's STABed Night Slash will always OHKO Chimecho. Another good counter is Hypno, thanks to Insomnia, resist to Psychic and a huge special defence. It needs something like SHadow Ball, Toxic or Nasty Plot to beat it one on one. Same with Banette, altough it isn't resistant to Chimecho's STAB attack. Other powerful Dark types like Drapion or Absol are decent, altough they have to watch out for Hypnosis.

Ok. Now I have a nice moveset to add!

Double Status @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 116 Def/ 80 SpA/ 60 SpD
- Hypnosis
- Thunder Wave
- Wish/ Recover
- Psychic

Tony32
07-10-2009, 10:27 AM
But the point is that this is ment for NU. But iac did tell me not to point out nu so yea thanks.

Other than that is this a good analysis?

Galileo
07-10-2009, 10:29 AM
No.

lol I lied, I like the analysis :D

Tony32
07-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Lol are you sure? beacuse im about to do a grip more.

Milos
07-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Chimecho
http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/chimecho.png

Summary:

Most Used Set:

Chimecho's support set is the most commonly used set on this Pokemon, as it takes advantage of Chimecho's large movepool and supports his team mates in different types of ways. This set allows Chimecho to withstand hits it normally would not thanks to the defensive screens.

Usual Counters:

Honckrow is immune to both Psychic and Hypnosis (Insomnia), and it's STABBed Night Slash will always OHKO Chimecho. Another good counter is Hypno, who is immune to Hypnosis thanks to Insomnia, resists Psychic and has a huge Special Defense stat. Chimecho can only hope to beat it one on one with a move such as Toxic. Banette is on the same boat, although it doesn't have a resistance to Chimecho's Psychic attacks. Other powerful Dark types like Drapion or Absol are decent, altough they have to watch out for Hypnosis.

Types of Teams Chimecho Is Used On:

Chimecho learns the move Wish, so it is no surprise that he is used as a support Pokemon for most teams. Chimecho can also support your team by putting an opponent's Pokemon to sleep through the use of Hypnosis as well as setting up both Light Screen and Reflect.

In Depth:

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_chimecho.gifSupport@ Leftovers
Ability:Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/116 Def/80 SpA/60 SpD
Nature: Bold (+Def,-Atk)

-Knock Off/Hypnosis
-Psychic
-Wish/Reflect
-Thunder Wave/Heal Bell

Chimecho makes a fantastic supporter with the use of Wish and the defensive screens. With its impressive movepool it can really help your team in diffrent types of ways. Knock Off is a very useful move as it allows Chimecho to knock off an incoming Pokemon's Item, which can be very beneficial if it happens to be a Choice Band or a Choice Scarf. Chimecho also has a pretty decent base Special Attack. Chimecho can pass Wishes around to heal your team and can also use Heal Bell to clear your team from any unwanted status.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_chimecho.gifTrick Cho@ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
EVs:56 HP/252 SpA/200 Spe
Nature:Bold (+Def,-Atk)

-Trick
-Psychic
-Hidden Power Fighting
-Shadow Ball

This set is very useful as it can cripple many of Chimecho's counters. Pokemon like Hypno and Banette will not like being Tricked a Choice Scarf or Choice Specs. Psychic is your basic STAB move if you do not want to Trick away your item of choice just yet. Hidden Power Fighting and Shadow Ball give you unresisted type coverage and can aid in a late game sweep.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_chimecho.gifCalm Mind Cho@ Leftovers
EVs:252 Hp/116 Def/80 SpA/60 SpD
Nature:Bold (+Def,-Atk)

-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball/Signal Beam
-Energy Ball/Hidden Power Ground

Most people underestimate Chimecho's Calm Minding abilities. Don't be fooled though, as Chimecho's immunities and resistances can often let it set up a Calm Mind or two. Psychic is your basic STAB move to destroy any Fighting-types you may encounter. Shadow Ball or Signal Beam can both be used in the third slot. While Shadow Ball hits other Psychic types, Signal Beam allows Chimecho to hit the Dark types that are bound to switch in. The choice for the last slot is up to preference. Energy Ball will hit bulky Water-types, while Hidden Power Ground lets you smack around those Steel-types that would otherwise wall this set.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_chimecho.gifDouble Status@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 116 Def/ 80 SpA/ 60 SpD
- Hypnosis
- Thunder Wave
- Wish/ Recover
- Psychic

Chimecho's support movepool is wide, and this set aims to take advantage of that. Hypnosis will put any Pokemon that doesn't have the Ability Insomnia to sleep, while Thunder Wave will paralyze any foe that isn't a Ground-type. The choice between Wish and Recover is tricky; while Wish can heal your team, Recover grants Chimecho instant Recovery. Finally, Psychic is your sole STAB move of choice.

Other Options:

Dual-screen support Chimecho with Light Clay could help your team out as it could sponge special and physical attacks. A Trick Room set could be useful, but Chimecho simply does not have the power to inflict much damage. Grass Knot is an option to dispatch of Pokemon such as Gastrodon quickly.

Opinion:

Chimecho is a great Pokemon to use in the Never Used tier, as it provides steady support through the use of Thunder Wave, Wish, and Reflect and Light Screen. Even though Chimecho looks harmless, it could be a force to be reckoned with.

At the beggining I bolded everything I fixed, but there was too much so I just made the changes. btw, you misspelled "Chimecho" sooo many times lmaooo

Screaming Angel
07-10-2009, 05:19 PM
BTW Tony you should also do a double screens set seeing as how much you mention him on the most used set and types of teams.

i am cool
07-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks a lot Milos.

Thanks a lot Milos.

THANKS A LOT MILOS!

<3333

And I agree with Angel, thanks for pointing that out too <3.

Tony32
07-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Do i still get my 1k points? .____. xD

i am cool
07-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Oh, so that's why it was rushed. It's the quality of the contribution that matters, not some random idiotic nonsense.