PDA

View Full Version : Wobbuffet Analysis Revamp.

i am cool
07-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Wobbuffet:

http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/wobbuffet.png

Summary:

Most Used Wobbuffet Set:

It only uses five of its eight moves; those being: Encore, Mirror Coat, Counter, Tickle, and Safeguard.

Usual Counters:

Technically, you cannot counter Wobbuffet, just like you can’t counter Dugtrio and Magnezone (to some extent). The reason being its trapping Ability. But if you can’t switch out when Wobbuffet is present on the field; what shall you do to “counter” it?

Taunt will force Wobbuffet to struggle, and thus kill it in a few turns; or force it to switch out. Super effective moves such as Dark Pulse from Darkrai will be the end of Wobbuffet; Darkrai also makes a great counter because it is immune to Mirror Coat, meaning Wobbuffet can’t Mirror Coat Darkrai’s Special moves.

Uncommon users of Trick will surprise Wobbuffet and put it in an unfavorable situation. Such Pokémon include Lugia and Gengar.

In conclusion, you’ll struggle to counter Wobbuffet; because it can switch-in on any time and force one of your Pokémon that cannot handle Wobbuffet to be set up on. Keep in mind, though, that it cannot cause any particular damage other than setting up a sweeper.

In addition, watch out for the Wobbuffet with Tickle + Pursuit Tyranitar strategy; as that will cost you at least one Pokémon a battle.

Types of Teams Wobbuffet Is Used On:

Offensive teams or set up teams.

In Depth:

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_wobbuffet.gifDeath by a blob@ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk) Or Bold (+Def, -Atk)

- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Tickle / Safeguard

This is one of the most destructive and eccentric sets in Pokémon. Wobbuffet’s exasperating behaviors are caused by its ability to trap a Pokémon, Encore its non attacking move, then start “Tickling” it into a painful demise; because after it has been Tickled a sufficient amount of times, it will have to face a Choice Band Tyranitar’s Pursuit, which will OHKO a -6 Def Skarmory if it’s switching out.

Darkrai is a common counter for Wobbuffet, but Wobbuffet also has the option to counter a lead Choice Scarf Darkrai! Lead Darkrai usually starts off with Dark Void, so switching Wobbuffet in on its Dark Void will force it to struggle eventually. Watch out for Dark Pulse, though.

Other Options:

The only other moves left are Charm, Destiny Bond, and Splash. The latter is useless, while the former two will usually prove worthless. This is because Wobbuffet is too lethargic to successfully use Destiny Bond; and Charm is quite ineffective because by the time Wobbuffet switches in to set it up, the Pokémon would have gotten a sufficient amount of boosts to blast it into oblivion.

Opinion:

Wobbuffet might have an infinitesimal movepool, but the moves that are contemporary in the aforementioned movepool are enough to make Wobbuffet one of the greatest supporters out there. It might not be able to take prodigiously powerful hits, but it’s still an amazing supporter.

Milos
07-19-2009, 05:11 PM
great analysis iac. used lots of big words there eh?

i am cool
07-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah LOL. I didn't actually Revamp this, since there's no Wobbuffet analysis; I wrote it on my own :P.

Dimes
07-21-2009, 05:51 PM
There is a Wobbufett analysis. >_> I posted it.

Statigar
07-21-2009, 07:20 PM
There is a Wobbufett analysis. >_> I posted it.

but it sucked balls?

Milos
07-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Rofl pwnt.

Dimes
07-21-2009, 07:34 PM
but it sucked balls?

How so? It had nothing wrong lol Except graphics, because I couldn't get them up for some reason.

i am cool
07-21-2009, 09:24 PM
How so? Please Fatman, go educate yourself in the only language you know and then talk to me. And don't you dare reply to this post.

Iris
07-22-2009, 12:14 AM
i wouldn't say stall teams for most used, more like offensive or set up teams more like it

i am cool
07-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Yes I agree. Thanks for spotting the mistake.

Oh and now I know why your Wobbuffet analysis only had capitalization errors, Fatman (well it did actually have some grammar errors).

http://www.teamuber.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2526&highlight=Wobbuffet+analysis

LOL, you edited today!

BTW please stop posting and attacking me or I'll keep on deleting your posts. Didn't you learn your lesson from when you were banned?

"OMJAY UBAR! This thing will almost always take a Pokemon down. Or two, or three. But the lack of defence is it's downfall, and its lack of a movepool is so dissapointing it could of atleast had decent speed to compensate."

Should be:

"This thing will almost alway take a Pokémon down. Or two, or three. But the lack of defence is its downfall, and its lack of a movepool is so disappointing, it could of at least had decent Speed to compensate."

Now please shut up Fatman before something bad happens.

DarXidE
07-23-2009, 06:56 AM
hmm good analysis.