PDA

View Full Version : Manaphy Discussion

dachickens
07-21-2009, 09:00 PM
I believe that Manaphy should be a Suspect.

Manaphy really isn't that broken outside of the rain, which isn't particularly common due to the Sand Streamers, most notably Tyranitar. Indeed Manaphy is actually quite a limited 100-all legend. Celebi, an OU Pokemon has a better movepool than the rather limited Manaphy. Outside the rain, Manaphy is outclassed in most aspects:

Versatility: Mew and Celebi outclass it there.
Defensively: Crocune absolutely outclasses Manaphy. Like Manaphy it can absorb status, and Suicune has slightly better defenses.

Post your thoughts here.

I g2g for now, will update later.

Eternal
07-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Manapahy was tested by:

Marriland Forums
Official Server Shoddy (Past)
Smogon Server (Present)

ALL OF THEM PROVED IT TO BE UBER.

Manaphy is much more dangerous than Suicune. It comes close to its bulkiness but faster. It gets Tail Glow, along with Rain Support an increased 50% Water power and 100% recovery from Rest and Hydration.

The thing in my opinion is a beast. Blissey is unable to counter it, only CM Blissey can possibly counter it.

squirtlefan15
07-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Hydration+rest+stab surf+Tail glow=no thanks

cat
07-21-2009, 10:00 PM
the worst part is it's impossible to know if it's running a def. clam mind set or an offensive tail glow set. so good luck predicting if you should send in your roar suicune or wish bliss, because one wrong predict and it could be game over.

i am cool
07-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Imagine how bulky Jirachi is. Now imagine a Jirachi with Manaphy's typing, Hydration, Tail Glow, etc. Manaphy has the best defensive typing in the game; and its offensive moves sure don't help.

GarcianSmith
07-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Manaphy can provide its own rain support. Yeah, so, predict the ttar switch in and set up rain the turn they switch in.

Milos
07-22-2009, 01:02 AM
I was on the suspect ladder when they tested Manaphy on Smogon. If you don't have a dedicated special wall or something to phaze it, its usually GG if it gets a Tail Glow. Obviously that's an offensive version that can be stopped by SpecsJolt or the likes, but the defensive version are even harder to stop. SubCM Surf/ Ice Beam Manaphy stops any attempt from things like Jolteon to come in and ruin your day. All in all, in the right hands, Manaphy can be deadly.

dachickens
07-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Manapahy was tested by:

Marriland Forums
Official Server Shoddy (Past)
Smogon Server (Present)

ALL OF THEM PROVED IT TO BE UBER.

Manaphy is much more dangerous than Suicune. It comes close to its bulkiness but faster. It gets Tail Glow, along with Rain Support an increased 50% Water power and 100% recovery from Rest and Hydration.

The thing in my opinion is a beast. Blissey is unable to counter it, only CM Blissey can possibly counter it.

Yes, that might be true; however, the reason for these suspect tests in the first place is to make TU's own tier list, not a slightly modified copy of other forums. Besides, if it's truly so broken, why is it in the nomination thread in the first place.

Manaphy can provide its own rain support. Yeah, so, predict the ttar switch in and set up rain the turn they switch in.

The same could be said of Kingdra.

I was on the suspect ladder when they tested Manaphy on Smogon. If you don't have a dedicated special wall or something to phaze it, its usually GG if it gets a Tail Glow. Obviously that's an offensive version that can be stopped by SpecsJolt or the likes, but the defensive version are even harder to stop. SubCM Surf/ Ice Beam Manaphy stops any attempt from things like Jolteon to come in and ruin your day. All in all, in the right hands, Manaphy can be deadly.

Agreed; however stuff like SD Lucario could also be deadly after 1 SD if its counters are properly taken care of.

cat
07-22-2009, 01:15 AM
it's not "so extreemly broken", things dont have to be extreemly broken to be uber, just broken enough. but it does merrit testing, even if we already think it is uber the testing is either supposed to confirm that or change our minds.

kingdra isnt near manaphy's level

GarcianSmith
07-22-2009, 01:15 AM
The same could be said of Kingdra.

Agreed; however stuff like SD Lucario could also be deadly after 1 SD if its counters are properly taken care of.

irrelevant.

Rain does not make Kingdra nearly unstoppable or unwallable.

and the fact that pokemon 'x' can sweep because counters 'y' and 'z' are gone after whatever conditions is also completely irrelevant to Manaphy.

i am cool
07-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Manaphy can sweep when its counters are STILL present.

Dimes
07-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Manaphy in OU= Rain Dance team= Ludiculo to take it on= Ludiculo Counter= Counter to Ludiculo Counter- Centralisation. Water Grass is a brilliant combo in attacking, and the only Pokemon that can really resist it is Ludiculo, which will then mean MORE Rain Dance

[RS]
07-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Just like I usally sai, Manaphy is Uber because it is in the Uber Tier. If Manaphy goes to OU, it will not be able to have that infinit Rain that Kyogre can bring to Manaphy. And there are many things that can counter it! Jolteon is one of those.

Tastelesshat
07-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Jolteon does not "counter" Manaphy. It can only switch in to Rain Dance. Most teams will carry Ludicolo anyway as fatman said.