PDA

View Full Version : Blaziken Analysis.

bidbip
07-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Blaziken:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s211/narufanx/Blaziken.jpg?t=1248346473
Summary:

Most used set:
Most blaziken use scarf to make up for it mediocre speed when have attack stat even higher than inferape making him the fastest and most powerful Wall breaker in UU tier. Most blaziken user that have a scarf on use the mixscarf blaziken. Some may use Life orb with agility giving him more freedom and speed to outrun almost everything barring from a yanmega after he gets his Speed boost.

Usual Counters:
n Power Grass him. Who then can set up on him and/or kill it with Surf or Psychic." type="hidden"> Yanmega is the best revenge-killer for a blaziken. He can OHKO him with air slash and also protect to get a free boost to out run a blaziken on scarf, but this will be a different story if blaziken got +2.

Milotic is another good counter in UU, but you cannot counter her completely (more like swap into) because of Superpower and Hidden Power Grass. Which will 2HKO her if she swaps into blaziken.

Donphan is also a good counter if he doesn't have HP[Grass]. He can Earthquake him to death while he can only do about 50% at the most to him.

If you do not have any of those you just gotta play around before hitting him. If he Life orb just hit him with fast poke. If he use scarf just hope your predictions are good and get him lock in to a resisting move. Lastly, the agility set is harder to counter due to it freedom of changing move so you must

Slowbro, who is arguably the best counter for Blaziken, can take both of Blaziken's STAB attacks and laugh at Thunder Punch and Hidden Power Grass him. Who then can set up on him and/or kill it with Surf or Psychic.

In Depth:

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/Treake/Blaziken.gifMix scarf iken

Blaziken@Choice Scarf.
Ability:Blaze
EVs: 154 attack ev/124 speed ev/232 sp attack
Nature:Naive (+speed -defense)
Moveset:
~ Superpower
~ Overheat/Fireblast
~ HP {ice}
~ ThunderPunch

With 124 ev in speed he will be able to outrun all 120 +speed nature poke that not scarf which is almost every pokemon in the UU tier. With 154 attack and 232 sp attack ev giving him 313 in both attacking stat giving him equal power in both physically and specially. Superpower is for stab and hard hitting. Overheat is also for stab and coverage with HP ice and thunderpunch allowing me to hit everything in UU.

Other Options:
His ev in attack and sp attack can be adjust to your taste like the smogon EV set 76 Atk / 220 SpA / 212 Spe giving him more power when he use "mild" which can help kill most tank use in OU. If you are worry about the stat drop that overheat's side effect does you can use fire blast.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/Treake/Blaziken.gifPhysical Scarf iken

Blaziken@Scarf
Ev: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe if you using adamant or you could give more bulk which isn't needed going with 134 hp/252 attack/124spe when u going to use Naive or jolly.
Nature:Read above and pick base off what it tell you.
Moveset:
~ Sky uppercut/Superpower
~ Flare blitz
~ Stone edge
~ Thunder punch/Earthquake

44 hp ev is mainly for bulk and 252 attack ev is to maximum his power and 212 speed is to out run all 120 base +nature speed pokemon. If you don't like the stat drop the use Sjy uppercut instead of Superpower. Flare blitz is use as a powerful stab attack that can hurt everything that not water or rock. Thunderpunch can deal with those annoying Water poke, which is more favorable then Earthquake. Stone edge hit all flying type and can sometime OHKO after SR damage.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/Treake/Blaziken.gifAgilityiken

Blaziken@Life orb
EV: 140 Atk / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Nature:Mild
Moveset:
Agility
Fire blast
Sky uppercut
Hidden power [ice]/[electric]

The agilityiken is the hardest Blaziken to counter but also one of the rarest one to be used. 140 Attack ev is use to power up sky uppercut. 252 sp attacks ev is used to maximum damage using fire blast and the hidden power. The 116 speed EVs mean that Blaziken hits 450 Speed after a Agility, outspeeding neutral natured, Choice Scarf base 100s, which can out speed almost everything in UU tier. HP ice can help against dragon and ground type that love coming in. HP Electric is for the water pokes that come in hoping to stall me, which successfully does that job, and force me out.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/Treake/Blaziken.gifSword dance Reversal

Blaziken@salac berry
EV:252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Moveset:
Sword dance
Reversal
Fire punch/blaze kick
Endure

Well, the goal of this set is to do two things. One, get rid of all priority users and Sandstorm/Hail teams. 252 Attack and Speed are used to make it extremely powerful. Second, get Blaziken to low HP and get at least one SD in. After that, prepare for a full-fledged sweep. This set works well with Sunny Day teams giving Fire Punch over 150 Base Power and will allow you to sweep anything that comes across your path. You can use Substitute instead of Endure to prevent a status ailment and get a free turn to set up.
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/Treake/Blaziken.gifAgility reversal
Blaziken @ liechi berry
Ability: Blaze
EV: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 116 Spe
Moveset:
Agility
Reversal
Fire punch
Substitute

Well, the goal of this set is to do two things. One, get rid of all priority users and Sandstorm/Hail teams. Second, get Blaziken to low HP to get blaze on and get +1 attack due to liechi berry then get at least one Agility in. After that, prepare for a full-fledged sweep. This set works well with Sunny Day teams giving Fire Punch over 150 Base Power and will allow you to sweep anything that comes across your path. You can use Substitute instead of Endure to prevent a status ailment and get a free turn to set up.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/Treake/Blaziken.gifSword dance Reversal

Blaziken@Life Orb
EV:252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Moveset:
Sword dance
Sky uppercut
Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
Stone edge

This is a very simple set. Just Sword Dance then sweep, but due to his low speed he will need to rely on paralyze support to successfully sweep a team. Sky uppercut was chosen over superpower to stop his stat's drop that may hurt him later in the game. Flare blitz or Fire Punch is just matter of preference. If you prefer more power go with Flare blitz.If you don't want to lose more than 35% of your life every turn use Fire Punch. Stone Edge was use to have more coverage and to hit more poke in UU.
Other Options:
For those who use Reversal it really up to you which one you want to use Substitute or endure. More like your personal taste rather what better. For those who use Life orb you can also use Expert belt instead of losing 10% of his life every turn.

Opinion:
Blaziken is a great wall breaker and could be the best wall breaker in UU with his respectable attacks stat. It is similar to an Inferape with higher attack stat but lower speed. Due to his lower speed making him overlook and many thought Inferape was a better poke. By all mean, Blaziken is not inferior to Inferape at all. With Scarf he can be a dangerous poke in UU if not wall or stop correctly.

Type of team Blaziken on:
Blaziken is mostly on sweeper team and sometime on wall breaker that stop stall team. He can also be use as a late game clean up or on a stall team who finish the game up sweeping the weaken poke.

i am cool
07-23-2009, 02:47 PM
In progress. He'll finish it later.

Oh and Pokémon moves are always capitalized and you need to add the "Opinion", "Other Options", and "Types of Teams Blaziken Is Used On" sections.

Iris
07-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Also, Add the regular SD version of SD, Superpower, Stone Edge, Flare Blitz/ fire punch with LO. Simple yet destroys basic stall of Roserade, Spritomb, Steelix, Moltres, Hitmontop, and Milotic.