PDA

View Full Version : Deoxys Analysis

Dimes
07-31-2009, 11:17 PM
Deoxys:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8a/Capture.png

Deoxys, the Alien Pokemon. Deoxys have crystals in their chests that act as a brain. These crystals can fire off lasers. Deoxys have the ability to transform into 4 different formes. This is the "Normal" Forme.

Most Common Set:

Deoxys mostly carry the Life Orb Mixed attacker set. However, they also may carry an LO Physical set or an LO Special Set. Choice sets are viable too, as are Lead Deoxys, which is one of the most common leads today, due to it having the ability to take on almost every lead. Deoxes is unpredictable, however, so it is hard to get all of the sets it can run because of the insane movepool it has.

Types of teams:

Deoxys can be used on any team as a lead to set up Spikes and Stealth Rock. Both Stall Teams and Offensive Teams benefit from entry hazards, but Offensive Teams will also enjoy Deoxys' sweeping capabilities. Offensive teams and maybe balanced teams might contain a Deoxys sweeper, although they are rare due to the frail defenses it has. Don't be discouraged from using it, however.

Counters:

Deoxys are very difficult to counter, and your best bet is to try and outpredict your opponent to the lead set, Deoxys-E would beat it 100% if you Extremespeed twice and carry a Focus Sash. To the Specs set, Spiritomb is able to switch in on Psycho Boost AND Superpower without taking damage, and can play mindgames with either STAB Pursuit or STAB Sucker Punch. Deoxys-E may revenge kill it with Extremespeed, and Specs sets are best beaten by Blissey. Any Banded Deoxys that do not carry Ice Punch will be walled by Giratina. Any not carrying Thunder Punch will be revenge killed by Scarf Kyogre.

Sets:
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/386.png

LO Mixed attacker:

Deoxys:@ Life Orb
252 Spd, 48 att, 210 spatt
Mild Nature
-Super Power
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball

OHKOing Blissey with Super Power, 2HKOing Dialga with Super Power, Palkia, Ho-oh, Lugia with Thunder and Latias with Ice Beam is appealing. And it should be. This set can rip apart almost any wall in two hits, making said wall ineffective if they were to come in on Deoxys.This Deoxys, however, can't use Extremespeed, and thus loses the ability to destroy many sweepers, therefore being revenge killed easier. But many will find this loss minimal. If you are afraid of anything faster, such as a Scarf pokemon, then Extremespeed could be used over Shadow Ball if you have a reliable way of beating Mewtwo, Mew, Shedinja and Wobbufett.

Choice Band Alien:

Deoxes:@ Choice Band
252 Att, 252 spd, 6 def
Adamant/Jolly Nature
-Super Power
-Fire Punch
-Extreme Speed
-Thunder Punch/Ice Punch

This beast of a Pokemon has 150 base attack and with a Choice Band and Extremespeed, this Pokemon has the ability to break down most walls and revenge kill almost everything. Super Power beats Blissey, Tyranitar ect, while Fire Punch takes advantage of Groudon's Sunny Day, destroying any Chloraphyl Pokemon, Scizor and Shedinja. Thunder Punch takes down Lugia, Ho-oh, and Kyogre, but Ice Punch beats Lati@s, Rayquaza, Groudon and Giratina.

Alien with GLASSES? x_X

Deoxys:@ Choice Specs
252 spatt, 252 spd, 6 spdef
Timid
-Psycho Boost
-Shadow Ball
-Grass Knot
-Thunder

Basicly killing everything in Ubers, Deoxys is a sweeper that can break all but the sturdiest of Special Walls- Blissey. Psycho Boost may have horrible coverage in Ubers, but with STAB and a Choice Specs boost, whatever resists Psycho Boost is going to cry in pain. Blissey walls this set, sadly, but you still have a great sweeper, which will wreck almost everything else that stands in between your way and victory. Calm Mind Kyogre will absolutely HATE any Grass Knot coming it's way. Focus Blast is usable over Thunder, but having a 100% Accuracy 120 base power move in rain is too sweet to pass up.

LEAD:

Deoxys:@ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
252 Att, 252 spd, 6 hp
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Extremespeed/Counter/Mirror Coat

Yes, this is a lead set. With Deoxys' 150 Base Speed and 150 Base Attack, it would seem natural to have a set like this, Using Taunt to stop other leads, setting up hazards, and Extremespeeding the incoming sweeper or check. Or of course you may use Counter/Mirror Coat to take that damage back. Use Taunt, to beat any Wobbufett switch in. If you don't need the extra hazards, then Spikes may be replaced with the other Counter/Mirror Coat, depending on what you didn't use.

Other Options:

A REDIRECTION set may come in handy for beating down any threat to your team, while Trick can cripple any wall. Rock Slide is handy for wrecking Ho-oh, but Thunder works fine. Zen Headbutt isn't the best option, but if you hate Heracross, then you can use that. Focus Blast is inaccurate, but powerful, and can be used with Shadow Ball for flawless coverage. Pursuit will take down many Pokemon that Deoxys scares off, which is almost everything. Mimic+Focus Sash+Protect is very gimmicky, but can be pulled off, using the sweeper's attack against them. The concept behind Mimic+Focus Sash+Protect is to shield the hit, Mimic it before you get your sash broke, and then unleash the attack. With 150 base power in both attacking stats, this is completely USABLE, but of course, this is theoretical and isn't neccesary because of Deoxys' wide movepool, so you may want to stick with something else.

Opinion:
Deoxys is unfortunately outclassed in every way to Deoxys-A. Deoxys' extra 30 Defense don't even make up for this, as 50 in both Defenses and Hp is pathetic in Ubers. Still, Deoxys does exist, so it is my duty to post this analysis. I recommend using Deoxys-A instead of Deoxys, but I'm not going to control you. However, if Deoxys-A didn't exist, Deoxys would be a great Pokemon to use, especially for sweeping. And the immense movepool that it has will leave the opponent confused. Having no counter to Deoxys will screw you over, as it always does.

Unfinished

Statigar
08-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Cat will update this with his version.

i am cool
08-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Terrible.

Sheep
08-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Just ******* stop fatman.

Mimic + Focus Sash?

Just stop.

Dimes
08-03-2009, 03:19 AM
Just ******* stop fatman.

Mimic + Focus Sash?

Just stop.

Just stop sheep.

Just stop?

Just stop.

I forgot to put on Protect in there, and this was unfinished, so I lol'd at people judging an unfinished project. And read my sig. I'm not going on as much because i'm not felling too well.

Carlo1003
08-03-2009, 04:23 AM
Come on dude, you can do better than this.

Put more thought in your writing.

Tony32
08-07-2009, 08:15 AM
O_O What's with the big picture?

Iris
08-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Id love to see a log where mimic actually works...

Reminds me of lead gastrodon

Dimes
08-09-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't usually keep logs, and Mimic is theoretical. But I don't see how it CAN'T.

i am cool
08-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Really Fatman do you actually think a Mimic set is viable? Come on dude what differentiates Deoxys from other Pokémon attempting a gimmicky Mimic set? It does not even work on Pokémon who are better at it than Deoxys.