Thread: My first RMT-OU Steel dragons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My first warstory-OU Steel dragons

Please disregard the typo in the title

And this is a 3 sided Warstory - me, my opponent steel dragons, and my tutor (watcher) Majesan

my team:

Steel dragons team:

-normal rules
    -Nicknames will be obmitted
    -battle text will be in bold
    -my comments will be in blue
    -steel dragons comments will be in red
    -Majesan's comments will be normal

ALT is ME

I was randbat laddering trying to stop majesan and silver flames from taking my #1 spot on the leaderboard when I saw my old friend Seth C. Vilo, then I saw Seth C. Vilo battling someone i knew from supercheats, after that Steel dragons asked me to battle...And we started battling... Now prepare yourselves for the BATTLE!!

"So, I was on the Team Uber server not too long ago, and after battling various people, I came to this battle with ALT, ALT being someone that I know from this site called Supercheats. This battle is fairly standard, but it ended up being very close, with both good predictions and bad ones. Lets begin, shall we?"

Seth C. Vilo has entered the room.
    COG-MajeSan has entered the room.
    A.L.T. sent out Gliscor
    steel dragons sent out Salamence
    Salamence's intimidate cut Glisor's attack!

Gliscor 100% vs Salamence 100%

I send out my trusty lead: Gliscor the Glisor. My Gliscor is like any other lead gliscors except with u turn over roost, his lead is salamence, not the best lead to encounter, i dont know what type of salamence it is, but im sure that it will use a dragon move on me so i u turn out to Jirachi to take the dragon move.

Hmmm, Salamence vs Gliscor. This Salamence that I'm using is actually a choice specs Salamence, capable of beating out most leads. I'm just going to fire off a draco meteor, which severely dents anything, even steel types who resist it. Most Gliscor can't do anything to Salamence anyway, as their attacking moves are usually earthquake or u-turn .

My apprentice, FIL, also known as ALT, was battling Steel Dragons. I was curious as to her progress, so I joined the room and started watching. The lead matchup isn't in her favor, so I believe she'll switch, hopefully to a steel type. (I hope that's not Hydro Pump anti-lead mence!)

Gliscor used U-turn.
    It's not very effective...
    Salamence lost 7% of its health.
    Seth C. Vilo: Salamence
    A.L.T. switched in Jirachi
    Salamence used Draco Meteor.
    Jirachi lost 50% of its health.
    Salamence's special attack was harshly lowered.
    Jirachi's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Jirachi restored 6% of its health.

Jirachi 56% vs salamence 93%

Boy that hurt alot... with 56% left i can get a wish to heal my extremely dented Jirachi, now i know its specs since it did a wooping 50% on my jirachi, so it's safe to Starmie, since he is most likely to switch.

OK, now I obviously have to switch Salamence out, being unfavorably locked into draco meteor. I'll switch in Swampert now, as it resists most of Jirachi's moves. I'm then going to try to set up my rocks and maybe phaze ALTs pokemon a little bit. Also, Swampert resists thunder wave, which I have seen on a lot of Jirachis lately for some reason.

Wow, that Draco Meteor hurt. I don't know what Jirachi has, but I'm suspecting Choice Specs on the Salamence. This means she can maybe take advantage of the matchup by setting up Wish, Calm Mind, or just Ice Punching, depending on the set. Let's see if she has any of those. Of course, he'll probably switch to something else anyways regardless, fearing the same situation.

steel dragons switched in Swampert
    Jirachi used Wish.
    Jirachi made a Wish!

Jirachi 56% vs swampert 100%

Hmm, thats a good move there by steel dragons, i cant t wave, iron head doesnt do much and fire punch doesnt do muich either, since i have a Starmie coming so i wanted to iron head for flinch hax so i dont get earthquaked.

Ok, Swampert is in. Jirachi used Starmie, which doesn't annoy me too much, so now i'll set up the floating rocks... (Hey, they float in Battle Revolution)

Okay that's a terrible matchup. Only something like Shuca Grass Knot Jirachi can win that matchup. (Hopefully she is not running that, or else I need to revise my training program.) Stealth Rocks are coming up, but what about that Wish? What will she do with that?

Jirachi used Iron Head.
    Swampert lost 12% of its health.
    Swampert flinched!
    The Wish came true!
    Jirachi restored 50% of its health.
    Swampert's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Swampert restored 6% of its health.

Jirachi 100% vs swampert 100%

lucky i get flinch hax (thank you god), he could go for the KO or sr either way i need to switch out to the only pokemon with grass type move on him, my LO starmie.

And here is the first hax of the game, but that really doesn't matter too much. Now, to try to set up the rocks again...

Ah, Iron Head Flinchax. She makes me proud with that hax . I think this is the team we agreed should have Grass Knot Starmie, so I can see that coming in. Meanwhile, Stealth Rocks are definitely coming up now.

A.L.T. switched in Starmie
    Swampert used Stealth Rock.
    Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
    Swampert's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Swampert restored 6% of its health.

Starmie 100% vs Swampert 100%

Starmie comes in safely with full health i can Grass knot and KO, starmie has great coverage so most things he might switch in to counter starmie might get OHKOed by my Starmie.

Now, I've set up the rocks, but he brought in Starmie, which could be a problem. Swampert should survive a hit though (I think), so I opt for roar in this situation

Okay, hopefully he doesn't fear the crippling damage, and attacks or roars through it hoping to KO. Grass Knot will be the easy KO on Pert, but it depends on if he has a wall to take all Starmie's moves...

Starmie used Grass Knot.
    It's super effective!
    Swampert lost 113% of its health.
    steel dragons's Swampert fainted.
    Starmie lost 10% of its health.

Starmie 90% vs swampert 0%
    6-5 ALT up

The first blood of the battle is drawn...

What? GRASS KNOT? What non leading Starmie carries grass knot? Anyway, this could be a problem, as my team is rather Starmie weak. I switch in Celebi (it should survive an ice beam), then proceed to try to thunder wave it. In retrospect, I should have used leaf storm, but it didn't really matter...

Fortunately he did not switch. Now he will probably bring in a special wall.

steel dragons switched in Celebi
    Starmie used Ice Beam.
    It's super effective!
    Celebi lost 66% of its health.
    Celebi was frozen solid!
    Celebi is frozen solid!

Starmie 80% vs celebi 34%(frozen)

More hax come in my favor (god loves me). I can only ice beam again and KO unless he switches out and gets the natural cure...

Wow, the second hax against me strikes, and it couldn't have come at a worse time. I'm going to use Celebi as death fodder to get the free switch in.

Anyways, that hax is pretty brutal, as no matter what Grass move was coming out would be damn devastating to LO Starmie. This may set up a sweep if he has nothing better to counter with.

COG-MajeSan: haaaaaaax
    COG-MajeSan: good girl
    A.L.T.: sorry
    Seth C. Vilo: lol
    A.L.T.: about the hax
    COG-MajeSan: haha
    steel dragons: thats ok
    COG-MajeSan: nothing to be ashamed of lol
    Starmie used Ice Beam.
    It's super effective!
    Celebi lost 65% of its health.
    steel dragons's Celebi fainted.
    Celebi was defrosted!

Starmie 70% vs celebi 0%
    6-4 A.L.T. up

Good boy, starmie took out 2 on steel dragons pokes with ease, now what will he bring in to maybe threaten my starmie...(If you are wondering about majesans comments...majesan is my tutor and he is specialized in haxing people)

Celebi is gone, I could send in scarf Heatran, but I may want that for later, as Heatran would have to explode to get rid of Starmie. I'll send in Metagross, who should survive a stab water attack. I click agility, then hope that something works out.

Celery down. Booo killing Celebi. (I like Celebi.) FIL has a big lead here. Steel is really, really going to have to make up ground to make this a more even battle.

Seth C. Vilo: Natural Cure FTW
    Seth C. Vilo: OR NOT
    steel dragons switched in Metagross
    Starmie used Hydro Pump.
    Metagross lost 73% of its health.
    Metagross used Agility.
    Metagross's speed was sharply raised.

Starmie 60% vs metagross 27%(+2 speed)

It survived...surpirsing...now i know its a agiligross, now it will outspeed most things on my team so i decide to sacrifice starmie to bring in something that will KO. Good job starmie, you killed 2 and severely injured 1.

Now, I click earthquake, which hopefully should get rid of this star-shaped menace.

Okay, Agiligross. At +2. Depending on the last move, there might be trouble. If it's not Ice Punch, she can sacrifice Starmie and come in with Scor to wall it. Otherwise, Steel is in a really strong position to sweep, since from what I recall everything is weak to Steel, Ground, or Ice.

Metagross used Earthquake.
    Starmie lost 71% of its health.
    A.L.T.'s Starmie fainted.
    Metagross lost 10% of its health.

Starmie 0% vs metagross 17%
    5-4 me up

Seth C. Vilo: wow
    A.L.T. switched in Flygon
    Pointed stones dug into Flygon.
    Flygon lost 6% of its health.

Its time for Starmie to take a long nice rest... Now i can go to scarf heatran and fire blast or go to scarf flygon and uturn or eq... I chose to use Scarf flygon and u turn out to something to either set up or sweep.

The good news: I got rid of Starmie, which could have swept my team. The bad news,he probably has a scarfed Flygon staring me in the face. I use meteor mash, hoping for the best. Even if it KOs me, I get a free switch in, and I could even set up on Flygon, which Im assuming is scarfed

Flygon is gonna KO metagross, nothing to see here

Flygon used U-turn.
    Metagross lost 18% of its health.
    steel dragons's Metagross fainted.
    A.L.T. switched in Glisor
    Pointed stones dug into Glisor.
    Glisor lost 12% of its health.

Gliscor 88% vs metagross 0%
    5-3 ALT up

Everything goes well i switch back to gliscor hopefull get rocks up...

OK, Gliscor again. I send in Heatran to bait Gliscor into probably using earthquake. If Gliscor stays in, it would be KOed by HP ice from my scarfed Heatran and he doesn't know that is scarfed yet, HP ice would also KO flygon if he decides to switch to flygon to take the fire move,

Huzzah, Flygon outspeeds. (Not all Scarfgons can outspeed Agiligross, depending on the nature. Fortunately, this one seems to be +Speed. Since Gliscor comes in, I assume either Rocks are going up or Gliscor will U-Turn to escape a scary switch.

steel dragons switched in Heatran
    Heatran used Hidden Power.
    It's super effective!
    Glisor lost 138% of its health.
    A.L.T.'s Glisor fainted.

Gliscor 0% vs Heatran 100%
    4-3 ALT up

I didnt get rocks up and i lost my only taunter, i know that it has HP ice and is scarfed so I decide to go to scarf flygon and EQ.

Cool, that worked out. Unfortunately, Heatran is slower than Flygon, so I'll have to switch. I hope that Flygon uses earthquake, because I'm switching in Gyarados, who resists both earthquake and u-turn. Hopefully, I'll get a dragon dance out of it.

Wow, HP Ice Scarf Tran. Antiquated much. Scarf Flygon comes in to outspeed and KO Tran, but isn't that a little...risky to EQ? You can just as easily U-Turn out to Jirachi and pass a Wish if it stays in, or U-Turn to somthing else if it switches. Being overly hasty with attacks on Choicers costs games.

steel dragons: turns out this team is Starmie weak
    steel dragons switched in Gyarados
    Gyarados's intimidate cut Flygon's attack!
    Flygon used Earthquake.
    It doesn't affect Gyarados...

Flygon 88% vs gyarados 100%

Oh god i have to switch to Jirachi and twave to counter the DD.

Great! Now its dragon dance time...

Owch, self-fulfilling prophecy. This is absolutely terrible. Waterfall and EQ wreck the entire rest of the team besides Flygon, who is locked onto EQ. Assuming a DD on the switch, FIL is in really big danger once again.

A.L.T. switched in Jirachi
    Pointed stones dug into Jirachi.
    Jirachi lost 6% of its health.
    Gyarados used Dragon Dance.
    Gyarados's attack was raised.
    Gyarados's speed was raised.

Jirachi 100% vs Gyarados 100% (+1 speed +1 attack)

**** 1 DD time to Paralyze the beast...

hmmm, a Jirachi. I'll use waterfall here, which should do noticeable damage to it. After all, this is a bulky Gyarados, so my attacking choices don't include earthquake, but rather waterfall or stone edge.

Jirachi comes in to sacrifice itself apparently. Gyarados' +1 EQ will KO most Jirachi without big defense investment or a Shuca, which this one doesn't have. Maybe he'll DD up again, getting greedy or something...

Gyarados used Waterfall.
    Jirachi lost 59% of its health.
    Jirachi used Thunder Wave.
    Gyarados is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Jirachi 41% vs Gyarados 100% (+1 speed +1 attack, paralyzed)

Happiness, my jirachi survives the water fall and now my whole team out speeds it...now hopefully get some flinch hax...

...Remember when I said that most Jirachis that i've seen lately carry thunder wave? Anyway, I did do a good amount of damage to it, and it doesn't look like Jirachi can do much damage to my Gyarados. If I don't get flinch haxed, Gyarados could 2HKO Jirachi with waterfall. If this doesn't work, than I am in deep trouble .

Jirachi takes Waterfall easily and uses Thunder wave. Maybe it doesn't have EQ? (Some Bulky Dos just have Waterfall and Stone Edge for the superior coverage.) I have no clue what Jirachi will do now, maybe try flinch hax to store up Leftovers recovery or something.

Jirachi used Iron Head.
    Gyarados lost 18% of its health.
    Gyarados flinched!
    Gyarados's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Gyarados restored 6% of its health.

Jirachi 41% vs Gyarados 82% (+1 speed +1 attack, paralyzed)

Yes! now flinch hax but that did less than i thought i decided to continue haxing gyara until gyara/rachi dies...

Well, that was expected. I'm now hoping and praying that Gyarados somehow KOs Jirachi with waterfall, as if I can't attack next turn, Jirachi could survive a waterfall, which would be really bad.

Oh well, Rachi dead. Flygon comes in now to beat up Gyarados. Outrage or Stone Edge though? We know Steel has Heatran back there, which will all but KO Flygon for sure after an Outrage...

Jirachi used Iron Head.
    Gyarados lost 18% of its health.
    Gyarados used Waterfall.
    Jirachi lost 63% of its health.
    A.L.T.'s Jirachi fainted.

Jirachi 0% vs gyarados 64% (+1 speed +1 attack, paralyzed)
    3-3 tied

OK, good job rachi, now for my flygon to come in and stone edge...

YES! Gyarados prevails! ALTs Flygon is staring me in the face again though, so i'll just leave Gyarados in as death fodder as a paralyzed gyarados isnt too valuable. Who knows, maybe it would actually survive and damage something with waterfall.

Flygon used Stone Edge.
    It's super effective!
    Gyarados lost 55% of its health.
    Gyarados used Waterfall.
    Flygon lost 78% of its health.

Flygon 4% vs gyarados 9% (+1 speed +1 attack, paralyzed)

No KO? since flygon cant survive another SR damage i can only make it stay in and sweep now i can only pray that stone edge wont miss...

Wow, Gyarados survived? That really helps, as now Flygon has to stay in, since the rocks would kill it with the next switch in. I click waterfall again, hoping for the best.

DAMN, no KO from Stone Edge? Bulky Dos is bulky. Anyways....do it again? Fairly obvious turn unless he tries to save Dos which would be stupid.

Flygon used Stone Edge.
    It's super effective!
    Gyarados lost 58% of its health.
    steel dragons's Gyarados fainted.

Flygon 4% vs gyardos 0%
    3-2 me up

Good now what else might he switch into me...

I send in Heatran, as it can take a stone edge and retailate with an attack. I choose fire blast, Heatran's most powerful attack.

Heatran comes in now and uses HP ice. Flygon dies.

Flygon used Stone Edge.
    Flygon's attack missed!
    Heatran used Fire Blast.
    Flygon lost 42% of its health.
    A.L.T.'s Flygon fainted.

Flygon 0% vs heatran 100%
    2-2 tied

A.L.T. switched in Tyranitar
    Tyrant's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
    A sandstorm brewed!
    Pointed stones dug into Tyrant.
    Tyrant lost 12% of its health.

Miss, well flygon you did your job...well done...I send in tyranitar since he is locked in fire blast and fire blast doesnt do much on ttar, my ttar is a mix tar he carries ice beam so i can predict him to switch to salamence (only pokemon left) and KO...

Cool, stone edge missed? Heatran needs all the health it can get. (you'll see why at the end) Anyway, this situation is very bad. If his Tyranitar uses stone edge, this battle would be easily won by ALT. however, it could use earthquake, in which case I could switch in Salamence and launch a powerful attack. I decide to bring in Salamence in, hoping to not be KOed by Tyranitar

Oh, it used Fire Blast? That's a strong Fire Blast to do that much damage even with resistance. Naive Flygon probably. I'm curious to see what comes in next on Scarftran as either remaining Pokemon would be a good choice...What are you gonna do, FIL? Go for the KO again or predict a switch? I know I'd switch if I was him =/ Stone Edge Stone Edge!

steel dragons switched in Salamence
    Salamence's intimidate cut Tyrant's attack!
    Tyrant used Ice Beam.
    It's super effective!
    Salamence lost 125% of its health.
    steel dragons's Salamence fainted.
    The sandstorm rages.

Tyranitar 88% vs salamence 0%
    2-1 ALT up

OK thats one more down now hoping that tyranittar will survive an earth power and KO with EQ

Nooo! Well, I guess that switch was predictable, as fire blast doesn't hurt Tyranitar too much. Anyway, now its all up to Heatran. I click earth power, hoping that Heatran can kill Tyranitar before Tyranitar kills Heatran and that earth power really hurts ALTs last pokemon.

Oh, that's right, it's a Mix tyranitar! I'm glad I suggested keeping that XD. Ice Beam scores the handy KO! Now to see Earthquake KO and victory go to my Tutee

dread has entered the room.
    Heatran used Earth Power.
    It's super effective!
    Tyrant lost 44% of its health.
    Tyrant used Earthquake.
    It's super effective!
    Heatran lost 82% of its health.
    The sandstorm rages.

Tyranitar 44% vs Heatran 18%

Now i decided to sacrifice ttar and get a free switch in to my last pokemon scarf heatran... If only stone edge didnt miss...

WOW, Heatran survived an earthquake?!? How on earth does that work? That stone edge miss from Flygon was actually crucial to me having a chance of winning, believe it or not. Well, I should be able to just barely 2HKO Tyranitar. Lets see what ALTs final pokemon is...

Oh, wow, it survived! Will the Earth Power KO Tyranitar? It may depending on the damage roll, or it might not...

Heatran used Earth Power.
    It's super effective!
    Tyrant lost 48% of its health.
    A.L.T.'s Tyrant fainted.
    The sandstorm rages.

Tyranitar 0% vs Heatran 18%
    1-1 tied

A.L.T. switched in Heatran
    Pointed stones dug into Heatran
    Dark Lava lost 12% of its health.

Ok, i hope the opponent doesnt have max evs in speed and isnt timid/naive...so i switch to heatran and go for the earth power KO...GG Steel dragons...doesnt matter the result

YES! A Heatran! I actaully have a shot of winning this match with using earth power! Of course, I find out that ALT's Heatran is also scarfed, so it really could have been anyone's win. Good game ALT, even if I lose.

Umm....That's bad. Assuming it's max speed, I think FIL just lost, as I don't remember hers being max. We anxiously await the Earth Power...

Seth C. Vilo: wow
    A.L.T.: speed tie
    steel dragons: oh man...
    steel dragons: gg
    A.L.T.: GG
    A.L.T.: is your scarf tran naive?
    A.L.T.: max speed evs?
    steel dragons: yes
    A.L.T.: ****
    A.L.T.: speed tie
    Dark Lava used Earth Power.
    It's super effective!
    Heatran lost 141% of its health.
    steel dragons's Heatran fainted.
    A.L.T. wins!

A.L.T.: yay!!!!!!!!!
    steel dragons: oh well, gg
    Seth C. Vilo: Nicely done
    A.L.T.: gg
    A.L.T.: epic
    steel dragons: that was almost a comeback
    A.L.T.: yeah
    A.L.T.: most epic battle i ever had
    Seth C. Vilo: Lol
    Seth C. Vilo: I don't like using Heatran
    Seth C. Vilo: =/
    A.L.T.: use nape
    steel dragons: is this fit for a warstory?
    A.L.T.: idk?
    steel dragons: Seth?
    A.L.T.: seth?
    Seth C. Vilo: at the same time
    Seth C. Vilo: ummm
    COG-MajeSan: YEAH
    COG-MajeSan: WARSTORY THIS
    Seth C. Vilo: Could be, yeah
    A.L.T.: ok
    A.L.T.: i'll actually remembered to save log
    Seth C. Vilo: good
    steel dragons: just to make sure, I save the log, right?
    After the chattering....

Comments on the battle

Good game steel dragons, you sure gave me an epic battle, It was a 50/50 chance (God loves me)...Great battle we had there steel dragons, we'll rematch next time... GG

OH well, both of us played a good game, despite the haxes, and both of us could have won at the end. I almost had a comeback win with scarfed Heatran though, which would have been great, but oh well, better luck next time. Good game ALT.

YAY WIN. (proceeds to go party)...FIL wins because hax, kinda sorta, but it's alright. Hax is all a part of the game, and everyone can take advantage of it or try to play around it. I just prefer the first ;P

Props:
    -Steel dragons fr giving me such a good match
    -COG-majesan for helping me improve this team and commenting
    -Starmie for sweeping half of steel dragons's team
    -Jirachi for paralyzing the +1 gyara
    -Heatran for winning the game
    -Flygon for for taking out the gyara
    -God for hax and me winning the speed tie at the end

Credits go to Hero Kid and Lunar for the sigs,

Awaiting a worthy challenger on the Floating Island Fortress
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    very nice warstory, i dont know if anyone else likes it but i do
    To the Snow-Capped Peaks and Sky High Battles.

Credits to Shadow Ice for the awesome Swampert sig

Spoiler!

Eternal was here, hahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ya its good, but not a lot of predictions. Only prediction was at the end with Mence and it was basically impossible for you not to miss that since it was his last poke. But overall pretty good warstory just a ton of hax. 7/10
    Rampardos used Head Smash.
    It's super effective!
    Shedinja lost 90799800% of its health.
    blarglesmargle's Shedinja fainted.
    Rampardos was hit by recoil!
    Rampardos lost 0% of its health...ITS OVER 9000!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some things about this warstory:

True, there were not many predictions, but I felt like each of us mostly made the right moves, of course with one or two exceptions. I wouldn't say that this is the best battle that I have had, but it came fairly close to one.

Also, there was plenty of hax, probably helping out FIL more than me, but, like some people said, its a part of the game. That untimely freeze on Celebi really hurt though.

Also, I know why Heatran survived Tyranitar's earthquake now. It was because Salamence had intimidated it when it switched into Tyranitar, and Tyranitar must have had minimal attack EVs, so my Heatran was therefore able to survive an earthquake.

All in all, it was a good warstory, despite some instances of hax and maybe not enough prediction for some people.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.