Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TU Analysis: A Fresh Start [Analyses Guidelines Included]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TU Analysis: A Fresh Start [Analyses Guidelines Included]

TU Analysis: A Fresh Start

1. Introduction.

The idea of this section is to take our current analyses and have them revamped to acceptable standards which the current analyses lack. I am going to be very blunt; the vast majority of analyses that has been written lack the quality that we are looking for and are long overdue for a revamp.

2. What we will cover.

Each tier will be given its own forum and within each forum will contain the analyses specific to that tier. Here is the list of the tiers I wish to have covered:

• Uber
    • OU + BL
    • UU + NU
    • LC

Little Cup can wait until later, but the rest can be started immediately. OU + BL are included together because BL's section is very small and doesn't warrant an entire section dedicated to it. NU is fairly large, I may end up splitting up NU and UU, but due to the ever-changing state of UU this is probably the best idea.

To ensure that this project goes as smoothly as possible, I am going to be the Project Team Leader and will ensure EVERY analysis meets acceptable standard to be hosted on the TU website. Unlike the previous project leader(s), I am going to be a lot stricter as to what I find acceptable. Also, I shall require the help from supervisors who will help me with this project, and I shall be handpicking them.

3. Minimum Requirements

I will not go too in-depth here as to what I expect each analysis to include. There will be a separate thread for specific requirements for each analysis, but in a nutshell:

• Reasonably sized description of what the set does (EV's, moves, items etc).
    • What Pokémon give that set problems.
    • What Pokémon can be used with this set?
    • Viable moves/EV's/item(s)/nature(s)
    • Written in the correct format.

There are other requirements that maybe needed for certain sets such as relevant damage calculations and what have you, but they won't always be necessary.

4. Will the past analyses be scrapped?

Not quite. They remain in the old analysis section and can be used as the building blocks for the new analyses that need to be created, so in a sense it's not really starting from scratch, it's revamping/rewriting the old analyses. I have created this new section to keep the old analyses separate from this project and they can be used as reference.

That's about it, anything I have missed from this thread, please post here or send me a private message. Thanks you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Two questions:

1) Where should we post to reserve analyses?
    2) How do we determine if a set is "viable" enough and isn't just a "gimmick"?
    Gym Leaders beaten: Grass, Ice, Ground, Poison (4/8)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by supermarth64 View Post
    Two questions:

1) Where should we post to reserve analyses?
    2) How do we determine if a set is "viable" enough and isn't just a "gimmick"?
    1) They will be in the relative tier sections I have set up in this forum.
    2) Most of them shall be fairly obvious, but it's up to the analyser, but if a gimmick set has been placed in there, the team leader will point it out and either the analyser has it changed, or the team leader will fix it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was wondering...
    Isn't it better to wait gen 5 to come in as it will change the metagame and sets?

(14:45:33) No User Name: He's migging her! And nao he's gonna Mig me! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    I was wondering...
    Isn't it better to wait gen 5 to come in as it will change the metagame and sets?
    The way I see it, the sets won't change that much, it really depends on how many new moves is added to Gen 5. We might as well get these done before Gen 5 comes out so that we're prepared. I am also using this project as a way to find out who we can rely on to help us analyse Gen 5 sets and what have you. Plus having a Gen 4 Archieve is beneficial if we ever want to have Gen 4 tournaments in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    I was wondering...
    I'm split at the moment, originally I agreed with this, and part of me still does.
    But seeing Smogon constantly updating their anaylsis', makes me think that we need to get into the habit of doing this too.

I feel as though I should write some sappy goodbye message in my signature too.

TU Got sucky. It's true.

Eevee, Ciele, DC, Luke, Steight, Tony, Mig, Unideal, Ria (when you were a girl), Hero, GS, even Dimes. Love you guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovat View Post
    I'm split at the moment, originally I agreed with this, and part of me still does.
    But seeing Smogon constantly updating their anaylsis', makes me think that we need to get into the habit of doing this too.
    Exactly, we need to get into that habit, it'll be easier later on. I will get the list of Pokemon to reserve in each section. Also I will be transferring already acceptable analyses into this section and mark as finished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja20 View Post
    The way I see it, the sets won't change that much, it really depends on how many new moves is added to Gen 5. We might as well get these done before Gen 5 comes out so that we're prepared. I am also using this project as a way to find out who we can rely on to help us analyse Gen 5 sets and what have you. Plus having a Gen 4 Archieve is beneficial if we ever want to have Gen 4 tournaments in the future.

There is no way in hell that everything'll be done by September. Even with Summer break unless Iac, Milos and Skynet come back.

Thanks mig!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME, SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO http://pokecheats.net/forum/member.php?9777-Dimesinbox

canada: COG-MajeSan: I am not a child molester
    canada: yet

(19:09:33) Eevee: i'm like
    (19:09:35) Eevee: really skinny?
    (19:09:48) Eevee: and haven't gone through puberty yet while some kids my age have

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja20 View Post
    Exactly, we need to get into that habit, it'll be easier later on. I will get the list of Pokemon to reserve in each section. Also I will be transferring already acceptable analyses into this section and mark as finished.
    I could help revamp some of the analyses but i need a clear list of what pokemon need to be revamped.
    BAD *** MOTHER****A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    most of the UU pokemon need revamping. I only looked at like moltres and articuno but they were pretty outdated with articuno still talking about grumpigs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast