Thread: Mecha Inspiration (OU RMT)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mecha Inspiration (OU RMT)

Introduction

This team was thought because of mecha always using shaymin and raping sauce. I wanted to use heatran because ship would always use it to setup rocks that is amazing. The Gyara was made with vaporeon because I have 2 eletric backups I guess eagles said "I know I have 2 weaknesses but I have 2 backups" The zelf was inspired by Amirlal uturning shutting down my lead.
    The Lucario was inspired by people sweeping me late game on switchouts allll the time. (Stares at smogon ladder)

Well let's take a glance at the team.

Amirlal (Azelf) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Explosion
    - U-turn
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Ice Punch
    Amir you made me do this: What I do against common leads. : Uturn out and KO it with luke or something : Zen Headbutt then switch or Uturn then gyara. Ice Punch twice. I uturn and shaymin or Boom and luke something like that. Boom and if it lives I switch to gyara and KO. boom then switch if it lives. Thats really the purpose of azelf on this team

HOTTTT (Heatran) (M) @ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Substitute
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    Yep shippy this set rapes I use more speed ev's and spatk I think but this set can **** stuff I can sweep stuff SHUCA is for EQs that it can take and sub up EV spread is to kill ALL EP is just to cover up and standard ;-; SR is for setting up some hazards sub is to setup a sweep after I get my entry hazards up. If you don't know what entry hazards are they are Stealth Rocks, spikes, tspikes. Well heatran is amazing for sweeping somehow when It's role is to setup rocks after it sets up rocks and luckily gets a sub it can really **** the OU if it outspeeds heatran is a poke like if it outspeeds it wins.

Eaglesrock (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 Spd
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Surf
    - Toxic
    inb4Why Toxic? Toxic is because blissey when I have nothing left sweeps me I might be thinking of getting a replacement for gyarados. Wish Protect standard Wish is to recover and Toxic them Wish Protect stalling process works. Surf is a STAB and attacking move. EV Spread is pretty standard Speed ev's because I like outspeeding some little things I can use Special Defense EV's. But this is just my physical wall who can take hits fine. It's actually a great poke to take water hits and counter most stuff.

Mechawaza (Shaymin) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 32 HP/224 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Seed Flare
    - Rest
    - Leech SeedThis thing will **** most of OU. This is what I do. Seed Flare and EP in comes a special wall I leech seed stall rest switch into heatran trying to trick them having boom but I sub up and they **** their pants I sweep them and they die by all my Leech Seeds and Seed Flare to lower defense and EP to kill bliss and rest stall thats really the point of shaymin. It can take out most special walls just with the power of stalling if you use it right.

Smogon (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Crunch
    - Extremespeed
    Lucario is a amazing late game sweeper it can SD usually late game and setup a sweep it's like a rayquaza of ou. Crunch is for rotoms and gars, especially rotom because it can wil-o-wisp me and shut down me lategame extremespeed is to outspeed and hit hard. CC is just to get a stab that I would always use if I outspeed. This poke can **** and really is damage calcs 'R us. It's my part time revenge killer sadly.

Snake (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 248 HP/12 Atk/248 Def
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Waterfall
    - Roar
    This gyarados works good I can replace it with a DDNite but I use it to rack up entry hazard damage and kill heatrans. I can live HP eletric so this gyara really isn't good for my team all I can really think of. It's great to intimidate take hit switch into Lucario after a few times maybe and be able to setup a sweep though I do use this to wreck other gyaras even with stone edge. What do you think about this gyara? It usually never works but my team would be weak without it somewhat.
    “Simplicity is the key to brilliance” -Bruce Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Done, THREAT LIST RESERVATIONS
    “Simplicity is the key to brilliance” -Bruce Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why the hell are you running Choice Scarf Azelf lead, with Scarf Zen Headbutt only does 88.7% - 104.5% to Machamp and theres only a possibility you'll get max damage, you should run Choice Band with a Jolly nature and this ensures a KO to Machamp leads 120.2% - 142.3%. This also allows you to keep Azelfs speed to max so you can keep up with other base 125 speed pokemon. Also Sub Sr Shuca Berry Heatran is really stupid it's not doing anything it's walled by basically every Water Type and Blissey. You should just use Explosion with a Naive nature this lets you get a suprise kill off on Blissey. Why are you even running a Rest-Talk Gyarados why not use a Bulky Taunt Gyarados this will let you pull of a lot more sweeps and lets you maintain your offensive momentum, also you already have a status absorber. Also Jolly Lucario is a really bad idea, it's out speeded by Gliscor and it's a lot weaker it fails to get KO's which Adamant Lucario is able to. Also the Shaymin set is a complete fail it doesn't even utilize Leech Seed well since you aren't even using Protect or Substitute.
    #1 Team leaderBoard [OU] - 5/8/10
    #1 Team LeaderBoard [UBERS] - 5/22/10
    ---------
    #39 Smogon LeaderBoard [OU]
    #46 Smogon LeaderBoard [UBERS]
    ---------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lol rainxspear basically summed everything up. On Vaporeon though, I suggest replacing toxic with HP electric to give you a nice DD Gyara check. Your team doesn't really put toxic stacking damage to use, and how can you get "swept by Blissey"? On Shaymin, the only use of earth power is to hit Heatran, but your team already covers that nicely with Vaporeon, Gyarados, and even your own Heatran if you're feeling lucky with the speed tie. So I suggest replacing Earth Power either HP fire for steels or HP ice for dragons.

[12:46] * am (am@not.lost.just.wandering) has joined #dreamworld
    [12:47] <+am> .
    [12:47] <Altair> i wear fur because i have no use for the multiple lions ive killed with my bare hands
    [12:47] <+am> wat
    [12:47] <whistle> lol
    [12:47] <+TheFourthChaser> hahahaha
    [12:47] <THE_IRON_KENYAN> lol
    [12:47] <THE_IRON_KENYAN> good timing

[12:50] <&whistle> arin is a ******

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gyarados isn't doing that much for your team. If you want to use Toxic to your advantage, try using Subroost Zapdos over that. Also get rid of that damn Leech Seed. It's not helping shaymin in the least and could be used for Hidden Power Ice or Fire.

Thanks mig!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME, SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO http://pokecheats.net/forum/member.php?9777-Dimesinbox

canada: COG-MajeSan: I am not a child molester
    canada: yet

(19:09:33) Eevee: i'm like
    (19:09:35) Eevee: really skinny?
    (19:09:48) Eevee: and haven't gone through puberty yet while some kids my age have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK, my thoughts:

First of all, this team seems quite similar to my "Warriors of the Mence-less Age" RMT that I made recently. (take a look if you want to, its on this site) Both of our teams have Azelf, Heatran, Shaymin, and Gyarados, and most of the sets are similar also.

OK, with the Azelf lead, I would make it choice banded, with knowing zen headbutt, explosion, u-turn, and fire punch. Its zen headbutt always OHKOs lead Machamp (Machamp usually stay in on lead Azelfs), its u-turn OHKOs Starmie and Azelf leads (usually, unless they have the sash) and allows you to scout out the opponents team, explosion does a ridiculous amount of damage, OHKOing many leads, even Hippwodon, Swampert, Jirachi, and Heatran. Fire Punch has its uses, but it can be changed if you feel the need. If you want to keep its scarf, then I would do something like have the moves trick, stealth rock, zen headbutt, and explosion. In both instances, please use a speed boosting nature, as it allows you to outspeed or speed tie important threats.

For Heatran, use explosion over substitute, and use the naive nature to boost explosion's power. It makes more sense this way really. You could run HP grass over explosion, but I don't see much point in that, as you have Shaymin to counter most bulky waters. Also, a different Heatran set was suggested to me recently, looking like this:
    Heatran w/ passho berry (water-resist berry)
    Hasty nature
    EVs: 252 Spe, 200 SpA, 56 Atk
    Moves: Fire Blast, Earth Power, Explosion, Stealth Rock

This spread allows you to stay in against water types like Suicune, Starmie, and Vaporeon, and allows you to explode on them more freely (watch out for Vaporeon). The 56 Atk EVs allow you to OHKO some threats with explosion, like Blissey and Vaporeon. The passho berry, along with its hasty nature, allows it to stay in against most water types.

For Shaymin, I would just give it HP ice over leech seed. This is because HP ice hits targets hard, like Zapdos, Dragonite, and Flygon, which could trouble this team.

For Vaporeon, you don't nessecarily need toxic for the sole purpose of destroying Blissey. Four pokemon hit Blissey hard enough anyway, so toxic isn't really needed for that reason. I would just go with HP electric to counter most water-types.

For Lucario, a jolly nature could work, however it doesn't really outspeed many things with it to really warrant its use. It used to use a jolly nature to outspeed Gliscor, its main counter, however most Gliscors now run max speed, nulifing this advantage. Just stick with the adamant nature, as it increases the damage given out by this Lucario.

For Gyarados, I would try out different versions, such as a bulky DD Gyarados or the DD Dragonite, to see which one you want. Also, if you keep this Gyarados, its 12 EVs in atk should be moved to speed.

Well, this team isn't too bad, however it could be better. I also agree with most of the other suggestions before mine, so consider those also.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steel dragons View Post
    OK, my thoughts:

First of all, this team seems quite similar to my "Warriors of the Mence-less Age" RMT that I made recently. (take a look if you want to, its on this site) Both of our teams have Azelf, Heatran, Shaymin, and Gyarados, and most of the sets are similar also.

OK, with the Azelf lead, I would make it choice banded, with knowing zen headbutt, explosion, u-turn, and fire punch. Its zen headbutt always OHKOs lead Machamp (Machamp usually stay in on lead Azelfs), its u-turn OHKOs Starmie and Azelf leads (usually, unless they have the sash) and allows you to scout out the opponents team, explosion does a ridiculous amount of damage, OHKOing many leads, even Hippwodon, Swampert, Jirachi, and Heatran. Fire Punch has its uses, but it can be changed if you feel the need. If you want to keep its scarf, then I would do something like have the moves trick, stealth rock, zen headbutt, and explosion. In both instances, please use a speed boosting nature, as it allows you to outspeed or speed tie important threats.

For Heatran, use explosion over substitute, and use the naive nature to boost explosion's power. It makes more sense this way really. You could run HP grass over explosion, but I don't see much point in that, as you have Shaymin to counter most bulky waters. Also, a different Heatran set was suggested to me recently, looking like this:
    Heatran w/ passho berry (water-resist berry)
    Hasty nature
    EVs: 252 Spe, 200 SpA, 56 Atk
    Moves: Fire Blast, Earth Power, Explosion, Stealth Rock

This spread allows you to stay in against water types like Suicune, Starmie, and Vaporeon, and allows you to explode on them more freely (watch out for Vaporeon). The 56 Atk EVs allow you to OHKO some threats with explosion, like Blissey and Vaporeon. The passho berry, along with its hasty nature, allows it to stay in against most water types.

For Shaymin, I would just give it HP ice over leech seed. This is because HP ice hits targets hard, like Zapdos, Dragonite, and Flygon, which could trouble this team.

For Vaporeon, you don't nessecarily need toxic for the sole purpose of destroying Blissey. Four pokemon hit Blissey hard enough anyway, so toxic isn't really needed for that reason. I would just go with HP electric to counter most water-types.

For Lucario, a jolly nature could work, however it doesn't really outspeed many things with it to really warrant its use. It used to use a jolly nature to outspeed Gliscor, its main counter, however most Gliscors now run max speed, nulifing this advantage. Just stick with the adamant nature, as it increases the damage given out by this Lucario.

For Gyarados, I would try out different versions, such as a bulky DD Gyarados or the DD Dragonite, to see which one you want. Also, if you keep this Gyarados, its 12 EVs in atk should be moved to speed.

Well, this team isn't too bad, however it could be better. I also agree with most of the other suggestions before mine, so consider those also.
    Nice work man you basically stole my rate and worded it more, also why the **** would he want to give Shaymin Hidden Power [Ice]. Flygon outspeeds him and just U-turns, and Also offensive Zapdos does 79.1% - 93.4% with Heat Wave to his Shaymin it also outspeeds it, seeing that his Shaymin doesn't have Leftovers that could be a kill with SR damage and previous LO recoil. I'd just recommend using HP Fire over Leech Seed, seeing that you keep Rest.
    #1 Team leaderBoard [OU] - 5/8/10
    #1 Team LeaderBoard [UBERS] - 5/22/10
    ---------
    #39 Smogon LeaderBoard [OU]
    #46 Smogon LeaderBoard [UBERS]
    ---------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can agree with you about HP ice for Shaymin, my thought was just that this team in general lacks moves to hit Dragonite hard with really. If Dragonite dragon dances, then its earthquake should destroy Heatran even with its berry, leaving Azelf as the only thing that can really stop it. Since I think Azelf should be changed to the choice bander, than Dragonite becomes a problem for this team. Some ways to resolve this are by making Gyarados offensive, having Vaporeon know ice beam over toxic, or by having Lucario know stone edge over crunch, however these ways certainly aren't fool-proof ways to stop Dragonite.

All said and done, this team lacks a reliable way to deal with Dragonite, and should be changed around to deal with it.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    agreeing with making azelf @ choice band, jolly, 252 speed 252 atk 4 hp, explosion-zen headbutt-uturn-elemental punch

naive + explosion over sub on heatran

on vaporeon, you will want to replace toxic. wilson suggested hp electric, which is an option, but i'd opt for ice beam. this can help with dragonite who ***** you. hard. also take those 68 speed EVs and move them into hp or sp. def. what does vappy really NEED to outspeed? putting it in sp. def helps it takes hits like heatran's flash fire boosted fire blast, which i think 2hko's gyara after SR.

on shaymin, make him 252 hp / 192 speed / 64 sp. atk with a timid nature. use leech seed / seed flare / hidden power fire / protect. this can take on and outstall pretty much all blissey without toxic 1 on 1, who you say hurts you. it also gives you a solid check to gyarados. protect blocks bounce if he has it, which only has 8 PP while leech seed and seed flare hurt it really bad.

make lucario adamant

i really see absolutely NO use for resttalk gyarados at all. actually creating a threat list would help here, instead of wasting a post saying "reserving". He seems like he is your main check to lucario, scizor, scarf heracross, etc. so he should stay, but the resttalk set sucks for your team...you say he "racks up entry hazard damage", although you only have SR up so its kinda stupid. use a set of Gyarados @ Leftovers, 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe, Adamant, dragon dance-waterfall-bounce-taunt. this checks all of the previous pokes i mentioned, as well as gives a threatening sweeper, especially combined with lucario, who OHKOs rotom after a SD and with an adamant nature, one of gyarados's main counters. resttalk gyara does nothing that taunt gyara cant do. taunt + DD can wreak stall, which you are pretty weak to with no checks really to standard stall teams except for that shaymin.

i pretty much used other peoples suggestions but just clarified them...but whatever a rate is a rate. gl with the team :)

^Hero Kid
    4 8 15 16 23 42

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also agreeing with the band over scarf. I only see one electric resist, which is shaymin xD

I'd change gyara for something that's immune to electric and also covers gorund for heatran/lucario. I recommend a scarf Flygon. You lack a scarfer after you band zelf anf Flygon pairs almost perfect with cb zelf, it will make you ****, because it makes me ****. Just my 5 cents. Good luck with the team!
    I'm the man, BS HAX.