Thread: Genesect Analysis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Genesect Analysis

Genesect
    Type: Bug/Steel
    Ability: Download
    Base Stats: 71/120/95/120/95/99

One of the most interesting Pokemon in Generation V, Genesect boasts incredible mixed stats, Download to abuse them, some bulkiness, but a trollish 99 base speed. This speed is what stops Genesect from outspeeding many of the new base 100 speed pokemon. It's extra Steel Typing also did nothing good for it, except for a few minor things such as being neutral to Stealth Rock, resistant to Scizor's Bullet Punch and resistance to Tyranitar's Pursuit. Another huge problem with Genosect is that it can't really beat what it can't hit with Super Effective damage. Swampert, Rotom-H, Heatran and Terakion are all suitable counters. Nageki may also work. In terms of revenge killers, Scarf Shandera is the best. Jirachi may also be used.

In ubers, Genesect works just like it does in OU, and can prove to be very useful mid to late game. In ubers, Gensect can prove to be a decent Kyogre check, abusing Thunder. It can hit Groudon and Rayquaza with Ice Beam, and mangle Latias, Mewtwo and Darkrai with a strong U-Turn (which helps for scouting, or prehaps just changing the weather). One might find that scouting wise, Genesect plays just like Scizor, but lacking Priority but gaining an awesome boost in Download.

The big controversy about Genesect is that it is an event only Pokemon, so far making it unobtainable except through cheating. Does this mean that like Arceus, Genesect will be banned from all tiers, including ubers? It seems so.

Spoiler!

• Incredible Special Movepool
    • Awesome Ability in Download
    • A stat boosting move in Rock Polish

• 99 Speed loses to base 100s
    • Almost no physical moves
    • only priority is quick attack

however, there are some sets that Genesect could abuse.

All Out Attacker:

Genesect:@ Life Orb
    Download
    Hasty nature
    252 spatt, 252 spd, 6 att
    - U-Turn
    - Flamethrower
    - Energy Ball/Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt/ Hidden Power Ground/ Explosion

With above average 120 base stats in both attack stats and a huge special movepool, Genesect is a fearsome attacker, especially after a Download boost, after which Genesect can OHKO Skarmory, Burungeru and Gliscor, among others. U-Turn only 2HKOs Blissey at best, but U-Turn allows you to get some damage in and switch to an appropriate counter, prehaps Roopushin, Machamp or Gyarados. If you aren't concerned about Burungeru, then Explosion may be used to go out with a bang, or Hidden Power Ground can OHKO Genesect's nemesis, Heatran. Here are some calculations if you still aren't sure.

Download Boosted LO Uturn to 252/252 + Blissey: 43.7% - 51.4%
    Download Boosted LO Energy Ball to 252/104 Neutral Hippowdon: 87.6% - 103.3%

Rock Polish:

Genesect:@ Life Orb
    Download
    Timid Nature
    252 Spatt, 252 Spd, 6 def
    - Rock Polish
    - Hidden Power Ground/Flamethrower
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt/Explosion/ Ice Beam/

Instead of breaking walls, Genesect has the option to set up a sweep against offense, a common style in today's metagame. A huge problem though is that Genesect loses coverage if it runs Rock Polish, so you should probably have another Pokemon to deal with stall while you save Genesect for late game. Any of the moves are viable, but Flamethrower is recommended to deal with annoying Steel Types, but Hidden Power Ground is Genesect's only way to beat Scarf Heatran and Shandera. Ice Beam is also the best option to use against Ononokus, Sazandora and Garchomp. If you're worried about Gyarados and Burungeru raining on your parade, Thunderbolt is the move to use but Explosion could help take out Blissey, or pretty much anything after a Download Boost.

Other Options:

Genesect can run both a Choice Scarf set or a Choice Specs set. However, with Shandera floating around, it isn't recommended. An anti lead with Quick Attack may be used, but fails to beat a ton of leads compared to Roopushin or such.

Thanks mig!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME, SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO http://pokecheats.net/forum/member.php?9777-Dimesinbox

canada: COG-MajeSan: I am not a child molester
    canada: yet

(19:09:33) Eevee: i'm like
    (19:09:35) Eevee: really skinny?
    (19:09:48) Eevee: and haven't gone through puberty yet while some kids my age have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Genesect wants a scarf/specs set, really bad. I've seen one used in a warstory once, and it was pretty good. I believe that knew Bug Buzz, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam, or something like that. The sweeper sets are good, but the scarf/specs set can be good too.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What are the merits of a Choice set?

Thanks mig!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME, SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO http://pokecheats.net/forum/member.php?9777-Dimesinbox

(19:09:48) Eevee: and haven't gone through puberty yet while some kids my age have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it could revenge kill stuff, like once danced Gyarados and pokemon like that. Obviously, it would take lots of prediction, but it could be a great revenge killer. after all, it only has one weakness and plenty of resistances and acceptable defensive stats.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    However with Shandera around, would it be THAT great?

Thanks mig!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Keep in mind Shandera can't have Shadow Tag yet unless you're playing Full Dream World (which is silly). PO has Full Dream, restricted Dream (Meaning no BST 680+ and no non-released Dream World abilities), and 2 Wi-Fi tiers. Choice Scarf Genosect or whatever its name is seems like an awesome and powerful utility. Being a Scarf Porygon-Z user, Download is awesome if you know what you're doing.
    This is a haiku.
    Sometimes haikus do not rhyme.
    Refrigerator.

I suck at existing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Vilo View Post
    Keep in mind Shandera can't have Shadow Tag yet unless you're playing Full Dream World (which is silly). PO has Full Dream, restricted Dream (Meaning no BST 680+ and no non-released Dream World abilities), and 2 Wi-Fi tiers. Choice Scarf Genosect or whatever its name is seems like an awesome and powerful utility. Being a Scarf Porygon-Z user, Download is awesome if you know what you're doing.
    Gary Oak's is doing full Dream World just to test what each Pokemon would bring to the table, and is the game that I've been playing, along with a fairly large number of people. It seems that with Shandera, Genesect is hit with a really hard nerf, and even without Shadow Tag, Shandura is still a decent check.

Thanks mig!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In that case, never mind my comment, dimes. Lol!

Since PO is not fully Gen V operational, and with Full Dream world options, we might as well be prepared for everything.

All the times I've seen Genosect (sp?) I've handled it pretty well. Heatran can take a good beating besides a boosted Thunder/bolt, and other than that Fire hurts, as does a general beating. I've I'm met with a threat I don't have a good super-effective hit on, I tend to try to pulverize it. Genosect can't take a huge pulverization, if you will.
    This is a haiku.
    Sometimes haikus do not rhyme.
    Refrigerator.

I suck at existing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NEEDS Hidden power water. Ive OHKOed them with a fire blast from my drought ninetales. Or at least techno boost+water drive