Ability: Mischievous Heart
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Def
    -Thunderbolt
    -Taunt
    -Volt Change/HP Ice
    -Grass Knot/HP Ice

Summary:
    Having an anti-lead with the ability of giving +1 priority to Taunt practically guarantees that Stealth Rocks won't be set up on the first turn of the game, or any other form of entry hazards. Thanks to Mischievous Heart, Voltolos is tied in second with it's pure flying type sibling (Tornelos) as the fastest taunter in the game. Being by beaten only by Erufuun.
    The rest of Voltolos' moveslots depend solely on the users preferences and what type coverage could benefit their team. Thunderbolt is Voltolos' most reliable STAB move, and it certainly hits hard when coming off Voltolos' more than impressive base Sp.Atk stat of 125. Grass Knot can be used as Voltolos' way of coping with bulky ground types that can otherwise cause this electrical genie to worry, the most prominent examples include unsuspecting Swampert and the ever so common lead Hippowdon, the former being KO'd without a shadow of a doubt, and the latter also being KO'd providing that it doesn't carry any unlikely special defense investment. Volt Change can be used for excess damage upon switching, but it's stuck against any ground Pokemon that could predict this and take advantage of a free switch-in. Hidden Power Ice is also a viable option when you take into consideration the amount of free Dragon type Pokemon that aren't currently restrained in the metagame at the moment. Having something as speedy as Voltolos that can fire off an Ice type move that's supported by a more than decent special attack stat can prove quite useful late-game. Some other moves that Voltolos can consider include Nasty Plot which can further take advantage of Voltolos' ability, and also Focus Blast which could provide further coverage as a base 120 special attack, which could deal with potential threats, the most notable would be Tyranitar varients that don't run Choice Scarf.
    The EV's allow Voltolos to enjoy the full benefit of it's supreme base special attack and speed stats, Voltolos also benefits from even more support with regards to Life Orb. Life Orb can prove crucial and guarantee some KO's on Pokemon with Grass Knot, like Hippowdon. Voltolos' item is controversial however, if you decide that the extra damage is too much. Other items to be considered include Focus Sash and Leftovers.
    Pokemon that don't enjoy entry hazards can be partnered on a team with Voltolos quite easily. A notable mention includes Urugamosu who appreciates the lack of Stealth Rocks and the decent synergy that Voltolos has to offer, with an immunity to Ground attacks, and the proficiency to handle water types with relative ease, This duo shouldn't be relied upon too heavily due to neither of them being able to handle popular rock type attacks, like Stone Edge.

Counters:

Whilst Special Walls like Blissey, Snorlax and Nattorei can easily switch into this set and take what ever attacks Voltolos fires off, they don't however appreciate being taunted, especially the latter of the three. All electric moves are to be used in caution, opposing electric types like Electivire, Jolteon, Lanturn and to some extent Zapdos can benefit from being hit with Thunderbolt or Volt Change and with such gain valuable HP, or boosts in Sp.Atk/Speed. Overall, this set needs a lot of prediction. A Taunt from this Pokemon as a lead should be expected, so take caution in whether you decide to attack or Taunt. Once It's been established what type coverage you're carrying, this set can be judged as painfully predictable for the opponent, who can take advantage of that by switching in potent threats that could run the risk of setting-up, such as Swords Dance Garchomp, who could be bluffing a Scarf.

I feel as though I should write some sappy goodbye message in my signature too.

TU Got sucky. It's true.

Eevee, Ciele, DC, Luke, Steight, Tony, Mig, Unideal, Ria (when you were a girl), Hero, GS, even Dimes. Love you guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sub Salac
    Timid @ Salac Berry
    4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe
    Ability- Mischevious Heart
    -Substitute
    -Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power [ICE]

Summary
    This set could strike fear into the heart of many after the rare Magnizone and Ice Shard Proiority Users are gone. 4 EVs into HP sets you at 300 HP which is divisible by four meaning that after 3 Subs your Salac will activate allowing you to out speed a vast majority of the games Pokemon (including choice scarfed variants) Nasty Plot is just Nasty on this set (Pun Intended) putting you at a devastating 698 Special Attack stat.Force a switch set up a Substitute, Nasty Plot while your opponent tries to break it and then Sub down till your Salac (Thanks to Mischevious Heart this part of the job is so much easier) Thunderbolt Strikes Pokemon extremely hard after a Nasty Plot boost and anything that doesn't resist it (or isn't name Blissey or Evolution Stone Chansey). Hidden Power Ice rounds up the type coverage only being resisted by Magnezone in OU. Thunder is also viable if this will be used in rain.

Tormentalos
    Timid @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    20HP / 232 Sp Atk / 252 Spe (Feel free to change the EVs)
    Ability - Mischevious Heart
    -Torment
    -Substitute/Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt
    -Protect/Hidden Power [ICE]

Summary
    Since R/S/E days there has been a peculiar set of items know as Choice items. These items allowed a boost in a certain stat at one cost. You are locked into a move until you switch. Voltolos was given Mischevious Heart an ability that gives priority to Non attacking moves this with Torment allows you to shut down a variety of Choiced attackers and force them to Struggle , then switch. The EVs are simple as Mischevious Heart giving priority to it means it can set its EVs to a more offensively oriented approach. Substitute eases prediction and can be used for those moments when you want to prove that something is Choiced or Bluffed. Although Nasty Plot is viable since the Choiced Attacker will be forced to switch allowing you to wreak havoc on all in your way. Thunderbolt is your STAB move of choice and when used in conjunction with HP Ice can provide perfect type coverage. Protect is there to further ease prediction on telling if its a Bluff or a Choiced Attacker. The choice between Leftovers and Life Orb vary on your choice of moves Leftovers along with Protect and Substitute can prove as an annoying Staller or just help by allowing more Substitutes to be made while Life Orb in conjunction with Nasty Plot strikes hard and will help your opponent regret the switch.

I'm surprised you guys didn't notice sets like this could be made >.>
    The ORIGINAL purple username member of TU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had already mentioned the sub salac set in the nasty plot/substitutor set. I didn't think that I needed to make a whole new set for that.

I'll test out the torment set when I have time.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DDwhiscash View Post
    Tormentalos
    Timid @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    20HP / 232 Sp Atk / 252 Spe (Feel free to change the EVs)
    Ability - Mischevious Heart
    -Torment
    -Substitute/Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt
    -Protect/Hidden Power [ICE]

Summary
    Since R/S/E days there has been a peculiar set of items know as Choice items. These items allowed a boost in a certain stat at one cost. You are locked into a move until you switch. Voltolos was given Mischevious Heart an ability that gives priority to Non attacking moves this with Torment allows you to shut down a variety of Choiced attackers and force them to Struggle , then switch. The EVs are simple as Mischevious Heart giving priority to it means it can set its EVs to a more offensively oriented approach. Substitute eases prediction and can be used for those moments when you want to prove that something is Choiced or Bluffed. Although Nasty Plot is viable since the Choiced Attacker will be forced to switch allowing you to wreak havoc on all in your way. Thunderbolt is your STAB move of choice and when used in conjunction with HP Ice can provide perfect type coverage. Protect is there to further ease prediction on telling if its a Bluff or a Choiced Attacker. The choice between Leftovers and Life Orb vary on your choice of moves Leftovers along with Protect and Substitute can prove as an annoying Staller or just help by allowing more Substitutes to be made while Life Orb in conjunction with Nasty Plot strikes hard and will help your opponent regret the switch.

I'm surprised you guys didn't notice sets like this could be made >.>
    What about Discharge? Or even Charge Beam to an extent.

Loneliness is the world's worst kind of pain...

Fail
    Spoiler!

The purple phrase is true
    The blue phrase is false

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...wait, I didn't mention sub-salac. Ok then.

In the future for everyone (not pointing any fingers) I don't like my threads being edited without my knowledge and consent. Thank you.

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, final edits have been made to this. I have changed some things in the sets,as well as making the Nasty Plot set the first set. does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions for this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Remove sub-salac, throw in a mixed set, don't slash focus blast and gk, and add in a taunt + NP set.
    ~Goodbye Teamuber~

Basicly what Eevee said, but I'll tell you why to remove Sub-Salac.

It's just not legal, bro.
    Petaya/Salac/Liechi aren't legal in 5th gen WiFi yet.
    I am a member of TeamStation's Battle Frontier University.
    So yeah, f*ck being exclusive.

Long live those who don't make complete asses of themselves. (And Lovat, forever my androgynous internet friend.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevee View Post
    Remove sub-salac, throw in a mixed set, don't slash focus blast and gk, and add in a taunt + NP set.
    Is Salac Berry legal in Dream World? If it is, then I don't nessecarily have to delete the set, but rather mention that it can't be used in Wi-Fi yet.

What kind of mixed set? One that includes Hammer Arm? From what I can see, Hammer Arm doesn't help out against much, only really against Tyranitar and Blissey.

Why shouldn't I slash Focus Blast and Grass Knot? I can understand Grass Knot being an inferior option, but Focus Blast really isn't inferior to anything.

I'll look into a Taunt + Nasty Plot set. It looks promising.

Again, Eevee and Espyowner, thanks for your thoughts. I will look into these when I have time.

Grass knot has abysmal type coverage. It should be removed. Substitute should be replaced with Thunder Wave, as Substitute really doesn't work all too well.
    The sub-salac set looks terrible to be honest. Nattorei and Tyranitar, two Pokemon that thundurus should easily beat, can wall it. It should be removed.
    Also, why is there an anti lead set when there is no lead metagame?

Credit goes to SilentDreams for the awesome signature!

(18:35:40) +EspyOwner: Ciele is lv6
    (18:35:44) +EspyOwner: CIELE LEARNED GROWTH
    (18:35:50) +EspyOwner: Aww, Ciele hit puberty.

(22:45) Lunar: stop sending me nudes
    (22:46) SilentDreams: lolwut?
    (22:46) Lunar: oh
    (22:46) Lunar: that was supposed to go to mike ._.

Youtube Channel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast