Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exeggutor Analysis

First off, I'd like to say that Exeggutor is in the OU range in the Dream World tier (at high 30s i think). With Harvest and Lum Berry, Exeggutor has a viable chance to be OU, due to the fact that it has an instant full recovery move and can absorb ANY status.

Quote Originally Posted by steel dragons View Post
    Good analysis again Mike. I didn't think that Exeggutor could run that many sets. I have some thoughts though.

For the Sun Sweeper, Grass Knot should be an option. This way, when Hippwodon, Tyranitar, or Politoed switch in while you are using Solarbeam, Exeggcutor isn't stuck in play. Also, Grass Knot would hit tyranitar, Hippwodon, and Politoed for more damage than Solarbeam would (not completely sure about Politoed though).

For the Trick Room set, I think that Psychic can be an option, slashed next to Sleep Powder.

Also, can a Sun Sweeper-Swords Dance set be made? It doesn't have many options, but it does have moves like Low Kick, Wood Hammer, Explosion, Return, and Zen Headbutt that can make it a viable option.
    Grass Knot should be an option, although I don't believe that Politoed get hit all to hard from it. In fact, Grass Knot should actually be the first option over Solarbeam (and I'm an idiot for missing that). I'll change that now.

For Trick Room, Psychic can be an option, but in this Generation, Sleep = Death, so there's really no replacement for Sleep Powder. I guess it can be run over Leaf Storm, but that seems kind of silly.

Exeggutor can run a Swords Dance set, I'm assuming that it this set is what you're referring to (I just pulled this set out of my head, if it's wrong then you can change it up):

Swords Dance Sun-Sweeper-Suggested by Steel Dragons
    Exeggutor w/ Life Orb
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP; 252 Atk; 252 Spe
    -Swords Dance
    -Wood Hammer/Seed Bomb
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Synthesis/Explosion/Low Kick

This look about right to you?

Credit goes to SilentDreams for the awesome signature!

(18:35:40) +EspyOwner: Ciele is lv6
    (18:35:44) +EspyOwner: CIELE LEARNED GROWTH
    (18:35:50) +EspyOwner: Aww, Ciele hit puberty.

(22:45) Lunar: stop sending me nudes
    (22:46) SilentDreams: lolwut?
    (22:46) Lunar: oh
    (22:46) Lunar: that was supposed to go to mike ._.

Youtube Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it looks about right, though I would put Low Kick and Explosion over Synthesis. Low Kick hits Steel types hard while Explosion hits many things hard, and I just don't see Synthesis being too useful.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

bump, this is FINALLY finished. Feel free to comment/give any more suggestions

Youtube Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I personally think that Exeggutor is an average defensive poke and that it deserves UU.
    Incredibly Scizor weak, Heatran weak, very fire type weak (especially uragomosu), weak to sweepers that have a bug type or dark type move (Doryuuzu, Zuruzukin...) and that ice weakness. Add that into the counter section.
    Just a regular Nintendo fan.
    I also love pokemon competitively!

Click this link!

Credit to Lunar

Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    Dimes is a finger painter, that *******

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Specseggutor
    Exeggutor @ Choice Specs
    4/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe
    Modest nature
    Chlorophyll - Trait
    ~Leaf Storm
    ~Psychic / Psycho Break
    ~Hidden Power[Fire]/[Ground]
    ~Trick / Sleep Powder / Synthesis

Specs Executor can put a huge dent into unprepared teams. It's fast, it's powerful and most importantly, it's a freaking palm tree with coconuts that sweeps! Leaf Storm ruins Politoed, Burungeru, Hippowdon and Tyranitar that might try switching in to wall you or change the weather back. Psychic and Psycho Shock deal a respectable amount of damage to Robushin and his fighting type friends that plague the OU tier and is also a viable option for secondary STAB. Your hidden power choice depends mainly on what counter you want to beat. Hidden Power Fire allows you to KO Scizor and gains Pseudo STAB from the Sunlight. While Hidden Power Ground allows you to hit Heatran's crippling 4x weakness and still hit Scizor neutrally. Trick can help cripple Blissey/Chansey. (Keep in mind Chansey needs it's Evolution stone) and can also help you beat Heatran with balloon since if used on a predicted switch it's grounded for hidden power ground. Synthesis can help Executor regain HP. Sleep Powder can put counters/checks to sleep and render your opponent's team useless to an onslaught.

Anyway, another set you didn't mention is Sub Seed. With Executor's speed it is more than capable of pulling a set like this off in the sun or out. In the other options section I suggest adding hidden power rock for special sets. It hits: Salamence, Urugamosu, and Dragonite for Super Effective damage while hitting Scizor and Heatran for Neutral. Hidden Power Rock's only downfall is having Exeggutor walled by other Steels. Which Heatran can take care of. Anyway Mike, as usual great analysis.
    The ORIGINAL purple username member of TU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is no BL

Just going to point that out since there's no banlist for UU except for OU

Thanks mig!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME, SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO http://pokecheats.net/forum/member.php?9777-Dimesinbox

canada: COG-MajeSan: I am not a child molester
    canada: yet

(19:09:33) Eevee: i'm like
    (19:09:35) Eevee: really skinny?
    (19:09:48) Eevee: and haven't gone through puberty yet while some kids my age have

ok, well I'll most likely be re-writing the description and adding a part for using Exeggutor in UU

DD nice set, I'll add it in. And I'll slash in HP Rock

Also, idk about sub seed, i've been very skeptical about it

Youtube Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You could just mention it in other options. I haven't really had a problem with Sub Seed.
    The ORIGINAL purple username member of TU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12