Thread: Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Vietdonalds Team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Vietdonalds Team.

Team Faded Fear

Intro: Well hi there! Welcome to my Ou Rmt. So I notice that the RMT's have been reset so why not start it up again with my OU PO team! So I have been making this team throughout the last week or so I have been here on Teamuber. I have used this team in 1 tournament went okay but i lost in round 3. So I am hoping to get some help from you TUers.(Not sure if that's the name of You People)

Basis of Team: This team is really just a regular balanced team with some new twist added into it. So I wanted a team with a bit of buzz with a mix of school mixed in and I think I have accomplished that. With the solid offensive power and the reliable defenses of this team I have won maybe 12 out of 16 battles or so.
    This team was really created on the spot but I think I have made enough changes for it to "work". So I started off with a pokemon I have used multiple times with success Cloyster. But I wanted to "Spice Up" his set somewhat to make him more of a Mixed Sweeper Rather than a Physical *****. Now I was thinking of a pokemon that would go very well with Cloyster and I enjoy using. Celebi! Of course one of my favorite Leech Seeder's out there! So now celebi can support quite a few of types such as ground which is where I came up with Lead Hippowdon. Now I had a nice sturdy Lead but it is still a bit shaky specially so that's where my almighty buddy Blissey came in. My offensive core really does not appreciate status problems and neither does my defensive core so I chose the set that utilizes Aromatherapy the best. Now my defensive core is now complete and now I want a nice solid Sweeper. Voila Gyarados Appears! Now I want a nice Strong Revenge Killer that resist Electric. GARCH.....FLYGON has risen from the dead and is now a nice old school RK.

Preview
    Lead

Hippowdon@Leftovers
    Impish
    Sand Stream
    252 Hp / 168 Def / 88 Spc.D
    Earthquake
    Slack Off
    Stealth Rock
    Roar

Here is my lead. So Hippowdon has always been one of my favorite physical tanks and it is also a reliable Rock Lead. It carries Lefties for extra recover. It's Evs are really set out to be such a Defensive Beast. So Earthquake is for a nice strong STAB move for Hippowdon to use. Slack Off is to shake off any damage that might be trouble. Stealth Rocks is for a nice field hazard for my team. Roar is really a last resort to just roar and wear down my opponents. This set has proven to be worthy of my team because it can take a surf from the almighty vaporeon which with celebi gone can be frightening.

Offensive Core

Gyarados@Leftovers
    Impish
    Intimidate
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Outrage
    Earthquake

Here is my almighty sweeper. Gyarados seems like a very powerful and effective Sweeper since it isn't weak to ice. I really do not enjoy having Life Orb killing my perfectly set up Gyarados when I might have got hit while setting up so lefties is the way to go. The Evs are a standard way to set a devastating sweeper like Gyara. Dragon Dance is Gyarados's best bet at setting up a sweep. Waterfall is a nice and POWERFUL move that can plow a big crater in a team at ease. Outrage is a really odd choice for gyara but I find it much more reliable than Stone Edges terrible Accuracy. It also does as much standard damage to flying damage as stone edges super effective. Eq adds coverage for gyarados.

Cloyster@Life Orb
    Rash
    Skill Link
    252 Spc.A / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
    Shell Smash
    Surf
    Frost Breath
    Rock Blast

My Mixed Sweeper! WAIT WHAT????? IT'S CLOYSTER WHY MAKE IT MIXED! Well plain and simple I needed a somewhat effective special attacker. So I basically turned one of the best Sweepers in the game into an average mixed sweeper nuff said! So it is holding Life Orb because unlike Gyara I am planning on using this thing no more than to kill off things at full force rather than being cautious of my opponent. The Evs are really shaky I feel since really I can't do much about the Atk part but I feel Rock Blast is good coverage so it need's some type of boost. So Shell Smash is like the Pro-est Boosting move I have ever layed my hands on. Surf is my replacement over Razor Shell just because they both work the same except one is special and stronger and other is physical and weaker. Frost Breath is a move I wonder about why do people not use it more often after a Shell Smash it has capabilities to kill anything that doesn't resist it with an extra bonus of 100% crit. Rock Blast=Main coverage for Cloyster and is one of Cloyster's best sweeping moves.

Flygon@Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    Levitate
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Thunder-Punch
    U-Turn

My Revenge Killer! So just like in Gen 4 when garchomp left Flygon comes back well in my opinion it does. Flygon in Gen 4 was usually always the core of my team for a good reason to since it's typing is awesome and it has an extra Eq resistance that Chompy doesn't. So Scarf is to imitate Garchomp's Speed as best as possible while still helping make Flygon a speedy *******. It's Evs are just to boost Speed and Attack capabilities. So Outrage is by far my favorite Dragon Type move with the exception of the confusion it is a powerful stab moves that can kill off 2/3 pokemon at a time. Earthquake is a great STAB move on any ground type so it was a necessity to this set. I am not very fond of Stone Edge so I chose to use T-Punch rather just because it covers just about everything stone edge covers other than Ice. U-turn is a quick switch and a kill depending on my enemies health.

Defensive Core

Celebi@Leftovers
    Bold
    Natural Cure
    252 Hp / 220 Def / 36 Spe
    Leaf Storm
    Recover
    Hidden Power-Fire
    Leech Seed

My main Physical Wall! Celebi has always had a special place in my heart for being the cutest little thing ever while still being a ***** in disguise in battle. It carries Lefties just like any other wall would. It's Evs are to max Def and survivability of Celebi. So Leaf Storm is my main attack rather than grass knot just because if I am gonna make Celebi attack might as well make sure it does alot of damage. Recover Heals up Celebi so i can start the process of Leech Seed over and over again. Hp Fire is a nice move to kill it's other cute foe Jirachi. Leech Seed is to slowly wear down my opponent ultimately making it vulnerable to rocks.

Blissey@Leftovers
    Bold
    Natural Cure
    252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Spc.D
    Aromatherapy
    Softboiled
    Seismic Toss
    Toxic

My Special Supporter. My offensive core+Hippowdon have issues with status effect mainly Toxic and Paralysis so this set is made get rid of them rather than refilling there hp. My buddy carries lefties for recovering it's massive health points. It's Evs are to completely maximize it's durability. Aromatherapy is the most important move to this set since it heals of status problems. Softboiled is to heal Blissey back up. Seismic Toss is my main consistent attacking move. Toxic is to wear down the enemy if i get stuck in a bind.
    I REALLY DON'T LIKE PATRAT'S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Threat List:
    B/W OU (Wifi):
    Abomasnow -
    Azumarill -
    Blissey -
    Breloom -
    Bronzong -
    Celebi -
    Chandelure -
    Chansey -
    Cloyster -
    Conkeldurr -
    Darmanitan -
    Deoxys-S -
    Dragonite -
    Espeon -
    Excadrill -
    Ferrothorn -
    Forretress -
    Gastrodon -
    Gengar -
    Gliscor -
    Gorebyss -
    Gyarados -
    Haxorus -
    Heatran -
    Hippowdon -
    Hitmontop -
    Hydreigon -
    Infernape -
    Jellicent -
    Jirachi -
    Landorus -
    Latias -
    Latios -
    Lucario -
    Machamp -
    Magnezone -
    Metagross -
    Mew -
    Mienshao -
    Ninetales -
    Politoed -
    Porygon2 -
    Quagsire -
    Reuniclus -
    Rotom-W -
    Salamence -
    Sawsbuck -
    Scizor -
    Scrafty -
    Sigilyph -
    Skarmory -
    Slowbro -
    Starmie -
    Swampert -
    Tangrowth -
    Tentacruel -
    Terrakion -
    Thundurus -
    Tornadus -
    Toxicroak -
    Tyranitar -
    Vaporeon -
    Venusaur -
    Victini -
    Virizion -
    Volcarona -
    Whimsicott -
    Wobbuffet -
    Zapdos -
    I REALLY DON'T LIKE PATRAT'S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lol at first I thought that this was a Gen 4 team.

This team need a lot of work.
    Firstly, why SS? Really, SS cripples Cloyster soo much you can't even imagine. It really stops it from surviving that long and considering that SR is on the match, then Cloyster will be losing a lot of damage. No one, and I mean no one benefits from SS on your team. I guess Flygon, but still.
    SR really cripples your sweepers. This needs to be fixed.
    WHY FROST BREATH????? Change it to Icicle Spear NOW.
    I suggest that u change Flygon for Latios or Hydregion, which are better scarfers than Flygon and change Hippowdon completely.
    Next, Ferrothorn outclasses Cerebi in a lot of ways and, since u don't have a steel type, might as well change it.
    Excadrill could set up on u and completely destroy your team if it reaches +2 if Hippo is down. Same is said with Reuniclus.

I'll rate this more later.
    Just a regular Nintendo fan.
    I also love pokemon competitively!

Click this link!

Credit to Lunar

Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    Dimes is a finger painter, that *******

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think these will work better for you:

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Bold
    EV Spread: 252 HP; 252 Def; 4 Sp. Def
    Thunder Wave (T-wave will give your sweepers better support than Toxic will)
    Sesmic Toss/Flamethrower
    Softboiled
    Aromatherapy

Gyarados @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Ability: Moxie/Intimidate
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EV Spread: 252 Atk; 252 Spe; 4 Def
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake/Bounce

And yeah, I'm not quite sure why you have Hippowdon as a lead. SS kind of hurts your team. Regarding Cloyster, Icicle Spear should definitely be used over Frost Breath. I suggest Giga Drain over Leaf Storm on Celebi as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't have enough time to give this a good rate, but you are incredibly weak to Sandstorm (Notably Doryuzuu and Landorus). I don't know what Celebi is doing for the team, so I'd start by changing that to Skarmory. I also agree with Lapras on that you are somewhat weak to Reuniclus. Hippowdon doesn't really do too much for the team other than set up SR, so i'd change that to Tyranitar so you can keep Sandstorm and Crunch Reuni to oblivion.

Cloyster really wants White Herb over Life Orb, so it doesn't die to priority and needs Icicle Spear. Frost Breath just sucks lol.

Thanks mig!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME, SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO http://pokecheats.net/forum/member.php?9777-Dimesinbox

canada: COG-MajeSan: I am not a child molester
    canada: yet

(19:09:33) Eevee: i'm like
    (19:09:35) Eevee: really skinny?
    (19:09:48) Eevee: and haven't gone through puberty yet while some kids my age have

I'm a firm believer in Bulky DD Gyarados, mostly because it's the standard non-stall set.
    Things become standard for a reason, and I think we should stick to them for that same reason. They're just better than a lot of the options that are given otherwise, such as non-STAB Outrage.

Even if you don't want to use the EVs for Bulky DD, please at least use Taunt > Outrage.
    I am a member of TeamStation's Battle Frontier University.
    So yeah, f*ck being exclusive.

Long live those who don't make complete asses of themselves. (And Lovat, forever my androgynous internet friend.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    5 of your team are boltbeam weak which I think might hurt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    give closter icebeam, it's stronger then forstbreath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with all of the above (except lester...) give cloyster icecle spear, frost breath is useless, and thanks to Skill link, you attack 5 times (which destroys the effect of focus sash). White herb is much better than life orb for that cloyster set.
    But anyways.. I´d change cloyster for some other sweeper, and guess what, heatran would be pretty good for the job. Also yeah, change celebi for skarmory and you might have an OK team :)

credits to Lunar for the sig that made you ****

Dimes: Felix
    Dimes: I swear
    Dimes: You are a genius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd like to go with mix cloyster with hp grass or fire,and bulky ddance on gyra and flygon ist so good u can try other like mence or other.