Thread: A Team to Tango with the Gods! (5th Gen Ubers)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A Team to Tango with the Gods! (5th Gen Ubers)

I started with a dream. A dream to make my greatest team ever. Basically, I wanted to make a team composed of great synergy between massive hard hitting threats, a defensive pivot, and a stone wall. Although I myself haven't really used the team much, my friend has. In fact, he played against Ala and lost to a misplay (and is one of the team's few losses). However, my tester and long time internet friend ( your super-cool admin, Tony32) has told me that it has almost no problems from what he's tested. He isn't present to tell me his final ladder score (which probably isn't great because there isn't that many people on the ladder) My purpose for posting this team is to get it fixed before I ladder, for the best performance on the ladder.

How it's made

First, I started off with my core. I wanted something that could deal a whirlwind of hurt against most of the metagame late in the battle. To ensure that I could carry on my momentum for at least one kill. I chose SpecsTwo for this. I then chose a Spiker for my team (and a general supporter). Forretress was a prime choice for its wide selection of hazards and the ability to use Rapid Spin.

Then, I knew I needed a wallbreaker and a mildly fast one at that. Mixed Rayquaza can really punch through holes in a team, and also has the added benefit of having Extremespeed to ward off frail attackers like Darkrai and Deoxys-A.

Then it was evident that I needed another defensive pivot (but something that can stop Sun teams, which are rampant). Kyogre was the greatest option for shutting down many threats like DD Rayquaza.

I started to think that Mewtwo needed a friend to hit hard with, like a partner in crime. Zekrom's massive brawn to match Mewtwo's brain makes the two ideal for helping each other out. I also wanted another Kyogre check and something that could switch by use of a move (Volt Change).

For the last team member, I knew I needed a revenge killer. I wanted to have some bulk, and I wanted it to be on a rather fast speed tier as it was. Palkia fit the bill and did many more things, such as being functional in Rain or shine.

After reading the team over again, I noticed that the team is supposedly SD Arceus weak (a fact supported by Tony's testing). I chose to use Skarmory to provide the hazards I needed and stonewall God.

Kyogre @ Chesto Berry
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest

My Status absorber, lead, and pivot sets the weather I need to make sure that no other weather teams can interfere. Although my team doesn't look like it needs rain, it uses Rain to cripple other weather like Sun teams that run rampant through the metagame. Kyogre also acts as a small check for Dragon Dance Rayquaza and Palkia, and it takes Darkrai on like it's nothing. I run ChestoRest just so I can add a little longevity to the team.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
    Trait: Air Lock
    EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Fire Blast
    - Draco Meteor
    - Outrage
    - ExtremeSpeed

I was a major fan of Iconic's Teenage Wasteland. It was a great team to learn a lot about the game from, but it also helped teach me the reasons to use Mixed Rayquaza. I needed a priority user, a mixed sweeper, and something that didn't hit the bottom of the speed tier. Rayquaza fits my team like a glove, as my main wallbreaker. Many, many walls will fall apart to Mixquaza, and a lot of them are walls that Zekrom and Mewtwo can grow to hate.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Spacial Rend
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunder

Here's my revenge killer and my DD Quaza check. Palkia's my main check for a ton of things, and nothing could replace its spot. Palkia's 100 base Speed outpaces threats such as Scarf Kyogre and Dialga, which are threats I can't take. Palkia also functions well in either Sun or Rain, giving my team a little bit more functionality vs dedicated Sun teams.

Skarmory:@ Shed Shell/Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 6 Def
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Whirlwind
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Roost

Skarmory is a big help today, with all of these random Arceus and Rayquazas and Garchomps. Skarmory is unfortunately my only Dragon resist and is at the same time, my Spiker. However, without Skarmory, my team would fall to pieces because Arceus exists. Originally, I had Forretress over this spot, but I found my team really needed an SD Arceus counter. As my sole Steel type, I needed it to take many hard hitting Dragon attacks. As such, I need it to take hits that can be dangerous to my team. With max Special Defense, it takes 24.3% - 28.7% from Scarf Palkia's Spacial Rend, but 47.3% - 55.7% from DD Quaza's Outrage (that's ok considering I have Scarf Palkia to take him down if it's lategame, and I can Whirlwind it out early).

Zekrom @ Choice Band
    Trait: TeraVolt
    EVs: 20 HP / 236 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Bolt Strike
    - Dragon Claw
    - Outrage
    - Volt Switch

Zekrom is perhaps my favorite new Pokemon in Ubers. Reshiram is threatening and all, but it's hampered too much by Rain and Stealth Rock. Zekrom on the other hand, has brute force to use by breaking most Pokemon in Ubers because it uses the uncommon Physical side of the spectrum to hit. For my team, Zekrom puts the opponent under pressure through hitting hard and Volt Switch, so I can have either a quick answer to my opponent's switches early game or I can damage these switches mid game for my other sweepers to clean up.

Mewtwo @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psystrike
    - Aura Sphere
    - Fire Blast/Trick
    - Thunder

The star of the team wears the specs of a star. I wanted to create a team that could really prove to people that Specstwo is not dead. And I think I have. Mewtwo is the center of the team, and functions as the main late game sweeper, by wrecking through somewhat weak opponents lategame. It's one of the greatest sweepers in the world, and it was chosen for this team because almost nothing can stop it.

----

Threat List:

Coming soon!

But major problems are other Mewtwo, and Deoxys-A if I lack my Rayquaza.

I'll fix it up later. Right now, my laptop battery is dying and I'm tired.

Thanks mig!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME, SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO http://pokecheats.net/forum/member.php?9777-Dimesinbox

canada: COG-MajeSan: I am not a child molester
    canada: yet

(19:09:33) Eevee: i'm like
    (19:09:35) Eevee: really skinny?
    (19:09:48) Eevee: and haven't gone through puberty yet while some kids my age have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well Dimes, this team is good. There's some glaring problems in my opinion. I don't like the fact that we're using three choice users, i feel as if it messes up the flow of the game when the opponent brings in a Ferrothorn in most of our sweepers, and wall them like no tomorrow, of course you can switch to Rayquaza, but it's going to ware down eventually. I feel as if you should get rid of CB on Zekrom, it's pretty hard to do that considering CB Zekrom is a beast, but i think it would help our team out. If you want, you can replace mewtwo set for a CM Mewtwo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ferrothorn isn't really that scary when we can go to Skarmory then Rayquaza.

Thanks mig!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME, SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO http://pokecheats.net/forum/member.php?9777-Dimesinbox

(19:09:48) Eevee: and haven't gone through puberty yet while some kids my age have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimes View Post
    Ferrothorn isn't really that scary when we can go to Skarmory then Rayquaza.
    It's scary especially when you can't spin away it's hazards and it wears down the team especially when you have three scarfers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony32 View Post
    It's scary especially when you can't spin away it's hazards and it wears down the team especially when you have three scarfers.
    True. I want to have spin support, but have an Arceus counter. I've been playing around with the idea of using Forry again, and then using Mixed Giratina-O with Will-o-Wisp. Good idea or not?

Thanks mig!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimes View Post
    True. I want to have spin support, but have an Arceus counter. I've been playing around with the idea of using Forry again, and then using Mixed Giratina-O with Will-o-Wisp. Good idea or not?
    Mixed Giratina-O sounds like a pretty good replacement.

I'm using Mixed Giratina-O with WoW to good effect, though I've only battled Tony and a few PO randoms .__.
    I am a member of TeamStation's Battle Frontier University.
    So yeah, f*ck being exclusive.

Long live those who don't make complete asses of themselves. (And Lovat, forever my androgynous internet friend.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, the only problem is that I might lose a bit of offensive pressure.

Thanks mig!