Thread: Really bad.

Really bad.

So at first I wanted to see how Regenerator Slowbro and Tangrowth would do, they sounded like fun things to abuse. They're perfectly decent, but Celebi provided a better offensive threat to my team, so I replaced Tangrowth with Celebi over time. Jirachi was, once upon a time, a Cursing Sp.Def Quag meant to check Latias and Reuniclus, but I was told many times over to change it to Jirachi, and it's been working I would guess. Just wanting to know opinions of the team, etc.

then:

now:

Changes in red

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 244 HP / 224 SDef /40 Def
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - Wish
    - Body Slam

Pretty standard Sp.Def Jirachi, using SR in place of a coverage move. Gets the job done and scares the likes of Latios and Thundurus into switching for fear of paralysis, obvious Iron Head shenanigans soon follow. Wish for recovery, and it helps to keep Forretress alive. Usually set up rocks after switching into something that hates getting paralysed.

(F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Seismic Toss
    - Stealth Rock
    - Softboiled
    - Toxic

Been thinking about using Ice Beam over Toxic for this set, but really not sure. Heal Bell and Softboiled are fairly obvious, heal and be healed. Toxic is originally for making Celebi switch out, as it would usually cause a certain death to my team when I was using Quagsire/Tangrowth.

(M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Pain Split
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin

Pretty easy set to explain, standard sp.def Forry with Pain Split/Tspikes. Sturdy has obviously given Forretress new meaning this gen with Pain Split and giving it an extra turn to place down hazards if needed. Rapid Spin is a fairly obvious move, meant to get rid of hazards (mostly tspikes).

(M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 232 HP / 192 Def / 84 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Earthquake
    - Facade
    - Protect

Sub Protect Gliscor has been doing fairly well, it's excellent for stalling out moves such as Fire Blast and Hydro Pump. Plus using Substitute helps prediction a ton, like when things are switching into Gliscor with a Balloon predicting Earthquake. Facade is to hit all of the non-levighosts and break balloons.

(M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Flamethrower
    - Psychic
    - Slack Off

Slowbro, what the team was originally built upon, is a great defensive pivot. Switching into full hazards and being able to switch out to gain back near full health is more useful than you'd think at points, especially when you can scare Forretress and Ferrothorn out using Flamethrower. Fire Blast had tended to miss way too much for my liking, so I just settled upon Flamethrower, as it's a sure 2HKO on Ferrothorn anyways. Originally had Ice Beam in Psychic's place, but that had to go when I needed a better Conkeldurr check, do NOT want to accidentally burn it.

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 192 HP / 252 SAtk / 64 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Recover
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Offensive and bulky, NP Celebi has done wonders for the team. Nasty Plot should explain itself, as should Recover, Giga Drain is a fairly standard move that heals the health and has decent base power as of 5th gen. Hidden Power Fire is to prevent Scizor and most steel type from stopping Celebi cold in its tracks. Great Pokemon to switch into Jellicent, not bothered too much by Taunt, and WoW goes away on the switch.

Threat list:

Abomasnow - Slowbro usually takes it out, Wood Hammer isn't too detrimental to Slowbro's health.
    Azumarill - Slowbro comes in and scares it with Scald, or finishes it with Psychic. Hazards love to destroy Azumarill.
    Blissey - Forretress uses Blissey as set up bait, hazards and Jirachi usually scare it away and kill it, if not Gliscor who is for all practical purposes immune to basically every move Blissey has.
    Breloom - Gliscor, Slowbro doesn't take too much from Seed Bomb if it's carrying it, if it's running Stone Edge Slowbro can just laugh it off.
    Bronzong - Slowbro and Celebi, Celebi can usually use it to set up.
    Celebi - One of the biggest threats to my team, I can usually get around it with Jirachi and a few other attacks. Really need a better way to defeat it.
    Chandelure - Sucks. Blissey can beat it, none of them run Taunt or sub for some reason.
    Chansey - Same way with Blissey, but Seismic Toss-only varients are just lol'd away by Celebi. Forretress uses it as set up bait, while Chansey is still fairly weak to hazards.
    Cloyster - Slowbro. There's nothing I could say about Cloyster except for that it's ****** and no one should ever use it. Good day, sir.
    Conkeldurr - Mostly Slowbro, had to switch Ice Beam for Psychic to check Conkeldurr better.
    Darmanitan - Slowbrooooo, again. Scald scares the **** out of Darmanitan, it's really not much of a threat.
    Deoxys-S - Deoxys-S is usually one of those bait-switch kind of things, bait out Superpower for Blissey, switch to Slowbro, continue to go back to Blissey and scare it off.
    Dragonite - Slowbro takes the DD varients, none of them like burns. Special rain varients can be taken out by Blissey, and band can't really do much to Slowbro outside of Outrage, which can be slacked off to stall out.
    Espeon - I just ignore whatever moves its got and just attack away, trying to nab screens before they get set up, and CM BP is usually used as Celebi bait. Jirachi doesn't fear any of the sets really.
    Excadrill - Gliscor and Slowbro, even Celebi to anything that doesn't carry X-Scissor. Gliscor mainly, obviously.
    Ferrothorn - Slowbro is a sure 2hko with Flamethrower, can't do anything to subbed Gliscor, Forretress spins everything it has and sets up on it.
    Forretress - Slowbro and Forretress are my answer to enemy Forretress, pretty self-explanitory as to why.
    Gastrodon - I usually Toxic these and hope for the best, they can't do much to me either, though, so I don't worry too much.
    Gengar - adfasgadfga;jd, SubDisable screws with me. Again, would love to find a better check to this. I don't even remember how I've handled them in the past.
    Gliscor - Slowbro again. .-.
    Gorebyss - I haven't seen one yet, smash pass just isn't very common in OU I guess. Jirachi could handle it I guess, with Body Slams.
    Gyarados - Slowbro burns, Celebi sets up, what else could there be?
    Haxorus - Slowbro and Gliscor can usually take it out. Jirachi can paralyse it if needed.
    Heatran - Slowbrooooo .-.
    Hippowdon - Slowbro/Celebi
    Hitmontop - Slowbro
    Hydreigon - Blissey can take all the mixed sets hits and still make it switch out or die of toxins/seismic toss.
    Infernape - Slowbro, band U-Turn is still Regenerated off.
    Jellicent - Celebi sets up NP and has fun.
    Jirachi - CM Celebi screws with me, but otherwise I just use Gliscor.
    Landorus - Slowbro can take it and scare it away.
    Latias - See: Latios (**** trick)
    Latios - See: Latias (**** trick)
    Lucario - Slowbro and Gliscor take it, Celebi can usually scare it off too. Same with Jirachi.
    Machamp - Slowbro - the classic Machamp counter.
    Magnezone - Gliscor, Blissey, you name it. Celebi sometimes too.
    Metagross - Celebi and Slowbro take it out.
    Mew - ...Which set? Too many T-T
    Mienshao - Slowbro
    Ninetales - Blissey, Slowbro for non energy ball varients.
    Politoed - Celebiiiii
    Porygon2 - Blissey and Slowbro can status and wear it out, Celebi sets up on it.
    Quagsire - Celebi
    Reuniclus - Celebi
    Rotom-W - Celebi, Gliscor takes all choiced sets 1v1 if it decides to switch into a susb.
    Salamence - Slowbro can take it, I've only tested against one Salamence, however.
    Sawsbuck - Jirachi and Celebi anybody? Gliscor if Megahorn is used.
    Scizor - Slowbro KOs it on the switch with Flamethrower usually, they just love thinking that I'll switch out on their Swords Dance, too.
    Scrafty - Slowbro/Gliscor/Jirachi
    Sigilyph - the definition of setup bait, doesn't like being paralysed no matter how good of a status absorber it is.
    Skarmory - Slowbro and Celebi
    Slowbro - Celebi... and Slowbro?
    Starmie - Celebi, Blissey doesn't fear it at all either.
    Swampert - Celebi...?
    Tangrowth - Celebi.
    Tentacruel - Celebi? Celebi. And Gliscor. And Jirachi. And Forretress. Blissey, too. Slowbro sometimes even.
    Terrakion - Slowbro takes all the sets minus band's X-Scissor, and so does Celebi.
    Thundurus - JIRACHI, Blissey also takes it out fairly well.
    Tornadus - Doesn't like switching into anything, can't trick specs on Blissey, it forces me to switch to Blissey a lot but other than that Jirachi can handle it.
    Toxicroak - Gliscor, anybody? Slowbro takes it down too.
    Tyranitar - Usually just wears itself out, Jirachi, Slowbro, Gliscor, and Celebi all kind of make it scared.
    Vaporeon - Celebi bait.
    Venusaur - hmphphs, let something take a sleep powder, usually paralyse it or something of that nature.
    Victini - Hazards, it usually tries to force Forretress to switch first turn, but I just pain split as Sturdy activates and all is well, then go into Slowbro.
    Virizion - Jirachi
    Volcarona - Blissey? It usually doesn't get to set up, so I don't know.
    Whimsicott - Lol.
    Wobbuffet - Ehh.... I usually just go with whatever sounds the least threatened by Encore at the time.
    Zapdos - uhh... Haven't seen a single one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    U have a HUGE Sub split gengar weakness. I suggest getting a revenge killer or a priority user to fix this.
    Just a regular Nintendo fan.
    I also love pokemon competitively!

Click this link!

Credit to Lunar

Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    Dimes is a finger painter, that *******

Gengar in general causes a lot of problems with this team. My best suggestion is to probably swap Jirachi with SpDef Scizor, since SpDef Scizor still covers most of the threats that you have covered with Rachi. The only problem is that this might cause an opening for Thundurus.

Credit goes to SilentDreams for the awesome signature!

(18:35:40) +EspyOwner: Ciele is lv6
    (18:35:44) +EspyOwner: CIELE LEARNED GROWTH
    (18:35:50) +EspyOwner: Aww, Ciele hit puberty.

(22:45) Lunar: stop sending me nudes
    (22:46) SilentDreams: lolwut?
    (22:46) Lunar: oh
    (22:46) Lunar: that was supposed to go to mike ._.

Youtube Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    maybe get a spinblocker since tou have all three hazerds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    dont u guys get bored of that foretress(that bug steel) i know he has great moves but change is necessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you have a big blazikan with hp ice weakness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Three things:

1. Don't revive old threads.

2. Slowbro counters Blaziken

3. Blaziken's banned.

Thanks mig!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME, SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO http://pokecheats.net/forum/member.php?9777-Dimesinbox

canada: COG-MajeSan: I am not a child molester
    canada: yet

(19:09:33) Eevee: i'm like
    (19:09:35) Eevee: really skinny?
    (19:09:48) Eevee: and haven't gone through puberty yet while some kids my age have