Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September 11th

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

September 11th

Many of you are not are not from the United States, and I am sure some of you are not even sympathetic for the September 11th attacks on the Twin Towers, the Pentagon and the attempted attack on the Capitol. Life though, has undoubtedly changed wherever your sympathies lay, except for the three thousand whose lives were extinguished. The attacks, evil as they may be, was not the worst thing in history, thousands of people died in wars and genocides; so why then do we remember September 11th so individually? Maybe its because this attack was the biggest terrorist attack, maybe its because it brought terrorism, once a faraway image of places like the Middle East, into U.S. soil. What are your thoughts on this and how has your life personally been affected?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ******* A-Rabs and Moslims. I say we burn 'em all.

if you want to i could post a never forget picture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eh I can't say anything without this whole thing turning into a ******* hate war.

^^ Compliments of near. thanks near
    The_Noob: I believe the merge was the most beautfiul thing on this earth. WE ARE ONE.
    Me: feel that...thats me..I am in you
    The_Noob: I am in you as you are in me
    Me: well that just got creepy
    The_Noob: It's not creepy until there's clowns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord-Brian View Post
    Eh I can't say anything without this whole thing turning into a ******* hate war.
    The site's dead, what's going to happen? A 3 man war?

Post what you want as long as it ain't really dicky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonisfun View Post
    , and I am sure some of you are not even sympathetic for the September 11th attacks on the Twin Towers, the Pentagon and the attempted attack on the Capitol.
    What are you talking about? I broke into tears when I first heard about 9/11 (but I was pretty young).

My life wasn't directly affected, as I am in Australia, my first thought was "What if this happened to us?" ASIAO's (our government's security/border protection agency) security assets have increased a lot, and I'm sure that other countries have done the same thing. So it does slight good.

Snypar, that second comment was extremely racist and stereotypical towards Arab and Muslim faiths. They are not all extremists, y'know.
    Member Of The PokeStation Analysis Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Perhaps the reason that 9/11 stuck out was because it was the first really 'major' attack on US soil, and it also 'woke up' people to that fact that this kind of thing can happen to you, despite living in a relatively safe place.

Also, if anyone posts anything overly inappropiate/racist on here, I'm banning them for a day. I'm sure that you can figure out what that may be.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are people on this site who lost people they knew in those attacks. For those of us who did, this was a very sad day. Not only because it was the largest terrorist attack on American soil, but because people we knew and cared about were needlessly taken away from us.

For those of you who are joking about this, grow up. Many of the people who lose someone they knew just wanted this day to pass as if nothing ever happened because the constant reminders only make the healing process more difficult. But to see idiots like you being completely disrespectful towards the whole thing is just sickening and pathetic.

I don't care if you're not from the US, I don't care if you're tired of hearing about 9/11. This is one subject where inappropriate and racist comments should not be tolerated. Show the respect you would want people to show you if this were your family, or your country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavityranitar View Post
    What are you talking about? I broke into tears when I first heard about 9/11 (but I was pretty young).

My life wasn't directly affected, as I am in Australia, my first thought was "What if this happened to us?" ASIAO's (our government's security/border protection agency) security assets have increased a lot, and I'm sure that other countries have done the same thing. So it does slight good.

Snypar, that second comment was extremely racist and stereotypical towards Arab and Muslim faiths. They are not all extremists, y'know.

*first comment

+ i was acting like many of the americans after 9/11.

+ sarcasm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast