Thread: Falling Inside The Black (Gen 5 OU RMT)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Falling Inside The Black (Gen 5 OU RMT)

Falling Inside The Black

Hello there! Welcome to my RMT on a team I created that I believe to be pretty solid with a reasonable Win/Loss Ratio of 19/24. So the team is based around the abuse of Toxic Spikes and being able to use it to either status shuffle or use it to sweep.

Team Building Process
    So I wanted to start with a good T-Spiker. After going through Forretress, and Tentacruel I was kind of disappointed that the 2 OU T-Spikers were totally defensive. So I decided to look at the lower tier T-Spikers and I was amazed to find a 4th Gen Jewel Roserade. Roserade had pretty good special attack and also had the ability to set up on Non-Choiced Politoed's easily.

So 5th gen OU being 5th gen OU I could only expect someone to use Xatu and Espeon which can be a pain so I needed someone to take the T-Spikes effectively. Gliscor! Though Gliscor is probably one of the most common pokemon in 5th gen I love it's capability to help spread Toxic even more with the move "Fling".

Well now I look at these 2 pokemon and think to myself. Oh jeez I have a glaring Ice Weakness. I used a Plethora of Bulky Water Types ranging from Qwilfish all the way to Quagsire. None of them really used Toxic for there favor they usually just worked as stalls. But then. I found Vaporeons Brother. Suicune. Suicune had an amazing Move Pool having access to Rest and Sleep Talk and being water type! I was amazed. So essentially I through on Surf and Roar and I was ready to rumble with the Status Spreading.

Now my team had astounding bulk. So now I decided I wanted to start focusing on the Offensive Core of my team. I wanted a very powerful but bulky Offensive Core. So I found 2 pokemon that fit the spots of Specially Bulky and Physically Bulky. Dragonite and Latias. Dragonite really caught my eye because of it's DW ability MultiScale. Dragonite has deadly coverage also. Though the set is more Offense Based Multi-Scale add's that bulk I was looking for. Next Latias was another amazing pokemon. Of course I tested her brother Latios. He was fast but not as bulky as I hoped. So I found Latias and plopped on a standard Defensive Calm Mind set and was amazed at how well it stall-Sweeped with the support of Toxic Damage.

Well if it wasn't obvious I still have that Glaring Ice Weakness so I wanted to avoid the scenario of "If Suicune Dies XXX Sweeps your team" So I really wanted to add one more pokemon that resisted Ice and could also use Toxic somewhat. So of course a steel type was what I was looking for because I was lacking 1 and without steel +2 Scizor can do quite a number on this team. Now I tried a Scizor of my own but it didn't counter other Scizor's very well. I tried Ferrothorn and Forretress. They worked fine but still that Scizor bothered me. I am not so fond of 5th gen but I decided to check out 5th Gens Plethora of pokemon. And what do I find? A Bug Steel Type with the access to Flamethrower..........*Faints*.

Now time to do some Re-Arranging and Voila!

So I hope everyone will enjoy looking at my team : ).
    At A Glance

The Team
    @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Flamethrower
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - U-turn
    So Genesect here is my lead cause really noone did a better job at it than he did. It works more as a revenge killer rather than a lead though. Since I usually save it later to troll poke's like Scizor, Ferrothorn, Blissey, and Latias/Latios. It also works against Espeon just as much as Gliscor does because of the resistance to Toxic Spikes and having a stab bug move to KO that Espeon while still being able to switch to Roserade to absorb those T-Spikes.
    @ Yache Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Aqua Tail
    Dragonite here is my "Bulky" physical sweeper. He functions very much like a Salamence or a Scrafty. But not having to be cautious of a strong move hitting me because of MultiScale : ). This set is actually more of a Offensive set rather than bulky. But after a DD or 2 with Toxic Spikes it will kill all excluding opposing Scarfed Genesects. As you probably see this ******* is holding a YACHE BERRY?!?! Well Life Orb wasn't cutting it for me so I dropped the Power and added to the bulk. So essentially I can get 2 DD and taking >35% from Non-Stab Ice Moves and still be able to hid them real hard.
    @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Dragon Pulse/Hp Fire
    - Roar
    Latias! No not Latios. Latias! Latias here is my special "Sweeper" though it works more like a ToxicShuffler. This set is very simple actually. All I do is set up Calm Mind while the opponent tries to deal damage to me though it won't work due to Latias's amazing bulk. After a 3 Calm Mind's this thing is basically invincible. Even Conkeldurr can't take a STAB Dragon Pulse. Though Latias has good defenses this set still has trouble with Scizor so I have tried Hp Fire I need an extra Calm Mind to Kill those I could before with Dragon Pulse but now it isn't completely counter by the lacks of Ferro and Scizor who both resist the Toxic and can pretty much make me rage quit.

@ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Protect
    - Fling
    - Acrobatics
    Gliscor is my Status absorber on this team being Immune to T-Wave and Benefiting to Toxic. It is a great partner with Roserade because together they can kill almost all types. So Gliscor has a very standard Fling set that is useful against pokemon with levitate like Latias/Latios/Jellicent etc. It also deals a ton to a defenseless breloom. I chose this particular set because it does what my team is made for. To spread Toxic and abuse it like crazy which is what this thing does with 2 strong STAB moves and Protect.
    @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Sleep Powder
    - Leaf Storm
    - Venoshock
    Okay here we are to the crutch of my team. Roserade. Roserade is a very underrated pokemon in 5th gen just because of it's speed. But I still find it has amazing no AMAZING uses in 5th gen having access to Toxic Spikes and being able to use it effectively with the move Venoshock. It can also deal with the Bulky Waters in this gen mainly Jellicent which walls my team pretty hard. So this set is very simple actually I come into a pokemon a wall preferably and set up my Spikes. After my spikes are up it is time to force a switch so I use Sleep Powder. And it almost always forces a switch. On the switch I use Venoshock because well VenoShock with the opponant poisoned is deadly and can deal real damage to the 5th gen Metagame. Leaf Storm is for pokes like Jellicent like I stated before because it resist Toxic Spikes and is well bulky as heck.
    @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Surf
    - Roar
    Suicune. Oh Suicune. Suicune is my second status absorber following Gliscor with access to rest to get rid of any Status's. So this set is really a Bulkier version of Latias. It works well with this team because it can take Ice Type Moves so easily. It also spreads Toxic better than any other pokes on my team due to it's amazing bulk and access to a full healing move.

So I hoped you enjoyed reading this.

If this get's locked I will be very very mad.

"Being skilled isn't all that's it's made out to be. When you're strong, you become arrogant and withdrawn. Even if what you sought after was your dream."-Itachi Uchiha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Near, cool team you got going here! My rate may be somewhat lengthy so just skim through and read the bold parts.

Alright, first off, Genesect looks alright. Keep it as it is, OR you could change it's EV spread to 252 Atk/4 spA/252 spe to maximize U-Turn's damage. However, your current set looks fine and should be alright. Dragonite always wants Leftovers or Lum berry. Leftovers is the preferable option so Multi-scale can stay intact in the sand. Use Roost over Aqua tail and Fire Punch over earthquake. Latias wants an EV spread of 252 HP/4 spA/252 Spe. this allows you to outspeed moderate threats while still maintaining your bulk. Roserade is another great pokemon, cheers for picking it. However, never use venoshock. While it may seem like a perfectly viable combination with Toxic spikes, too many steels and flying types roam in OU. Over this moveslot, I suggest Sludge Bomb or Hidden Power[Fire]. Gliscor looks alright; Acrofling isn't the best set, but isn't bad, by any means. You will want 244 HP/192 Def/72 spe as your EV spread, however. This maximizes the amount you recover from Poison heal. Suicune looks standard. Nice job.

Nice team Near, and have a nice day!
    Geez I am sexy

Artist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You're team has very nice coverage, but I see a couple of problems. First, once Genesect is out, BoltBeamers can destroy the remaining whole five Pokemon (Zapdos, Starmie, Thundurus, etc.). Second, you have a glaring Ferrothorn/Skarmory weakness, both very popular. Yeah, you could use Genesect's Flamethrower, but once he's out you'll be walled the whole game. So taking both of these into account, I'd say drop one of the Dragons.

A great teammate to compliment your team would be Heatran. It'll take the Ice attacks very nicely (which 4 of your Pokemon are weak to), absorb the Fire hits for Genesect and Roserade, and counter any steal types resistant to your Toxic Spikes (since that seems like your own main strategy), and take the Dragon hits. Replace Suicune with Heatran. Use the bulkier Heatran variant as well.

And lastly, replace Dragonite with Gyarados. Gliscor compliments Gyarados very well, taking Stone Edge/Rock Slide and various electric attacks. And with Gyarados, Heatran, and Roserade, you have a nice Water, Fire, and Grass core. Gyarados still retains your Physical Sweeper and has good coverage with the standard DD set.

Good luck and I hope this helped. :)