Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thundurus and Excadrill are banned!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gracias a Dios que hijo de puta Thundurus está prohibido. Casi nada podía contrarrestar. Gastrodon estaba bien, pero quién coño quiere llevar un Gastrodon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony32 View Post
    Gracias a Dios que hijo de puta Thundurus está prohibido. Casi nada podía contrarrestar. Gastrodon estaba bien, pero quién coño quiere llevar un Gastrodon
    a que si no quiero que la puta babosa esté en todos los putos equipos. Menos mal que está baneado.

You clearly used GT :P
    Just a regular Nintendo fan.
    I also love pokemon competitively!

Click this link!

Credit to Lunar

Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    Dimes is a finger painter, that *******

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure all of you have noticed, but now that the two of them are gone a very large portion of the metagame has become rain stall. While this is annoying, I just shrug and unpack an antistall team. In fact, all you need to give yourself an edge is something that uses taunt. This doesn't always work, of course, but I'm finding it to be more and more useful as nearly 8 times out of 10 I find myself up against a rain stall team, like mentioned above.
    -Sambo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's ridiculous to ban any Pokemon that Nintendo haven't (i.e Pokemon like Mewtwo and Dialga are banned by Nintendo). It's like Nintendo banning a Pokemon because people are winning too much with it. O.o???

Honestly the point of the game is to battle to win and just have fun. So anyone banning these Pokemon on the basis that they have worked out a winning strategy with them is nonsense.

Really why do you think Nintendo hasn't banned these Pokemon? Because they can be countered like any other and all Pokemon can be just as good as each other.

Nintendo themselves have only banned "special" Pokemon like Dialga for example because there stats are much higher than a normal Pokemon and therefore not equal. Otherwise it's ludicrous.
    Bulba Art Shop ♦ Portfolio ♦ Profile ♦ Xous54

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
    It's ridiculous to ban any Pokemon that Nintendo haven't (i.e Pokemon like Mewtwo and Dialga are banned by Nintendo). It's like Nintendo banning a Pokemon because people are winning too much with it. O.o???

Honestly the point of the game is to battle to win and just have fun. So anyone banning these Pokemon on the basis that they have worked out a winning strategy with them is nonsense.

Really why do you think Nintendo hasn't banned these Pokemon? Because they can be countered like any other and all Pokemon can be just as good as each other.

Nintendo themselves have only banned "special" Pokemon like Dialga for example because there stats are much higher than a normal Pokemon and therefore not equal. Otherwise it's ludicrous.
    You clearly don't everything about competitive pokemon. We "ban" threats that either don't have any reliable switch in (thundurus), lack counters (Excadrill) or can wall the whole entire metagame to no end (chansey in UU, at least it should be). If we used the Nintendo bans, the game wouldn't be any "fun" anymore because "broken" threats would be all over the metagame and you'd either had to run a certain pokemon to counter it on EVERY possible team the you could make, which basically means that you have 5 members of your team to test with. Either that, or that pokemon sweeps/walls your entire team, which just ruins the "fun" factor of the game.

Take a look at 4th Gen OU. It's an incredibly balanced and fun metagame. Every pokemon has at least 4 or 5 counters in the OU metagame. Even the most used pokemon like Tyranitar, Heatran and Scizor have their sheer amount of "counters". We use them because they work and they do the job countering a lot of threats in the metagame. That doesn't make them "broken", however.

Also, you should know that Game Freak hates you.

Click this link!

Credit to Lunar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I'm sure all of you have noticed, but now that the two of them are gone a very large portion of the metagame has become rain stall. While this is annoying, I just shrug and unpack an antistall team. In fact, all you need to give yourself an edge is something that uses taunt. This doesn't always work, of course, but I'm finding it to be more and more useful as nearly 8 times out of 10 I find myself up against a rain stall team, like mentioned above.
    Try Dry Skin Jynx. That thing is singlehandedly the best rain stall counter and pretty much beats every pookemon on a rain stall team. Substitute lets you beat Ferrothorn and Nasty Plot allows you to muscle through everything.
    Geez I am sexy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by .sECRET View Post
    Try Dry Skin Jynx. That thing is singlehandedly the best rain stall counter and pretty much beats every pookemon on a rain stall team. Substitute lets you beat Ferrothorn and Nasty Plot allows you to muscle through everything.
    What about the all so common SS teams and every other team that is not rain stall? OHH SHIZZZZ

Click this link!

Credit to Lunar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find myself asking that same question. SS is still prominent, but almost every time I battle someone I can count on a rain team of some kind.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

OH! Since Excadrill was a popular staple in those teams and Thundurus was a counter to popular rain team pokemon, it's basicly asking for rain stall to rise up. Hm... Dry skin Jynx, you say? I'll look into it.
    -Sambo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lapras6666 View Post
    What about the all so common SS teams and every other team that is not rain stall? OHH SHIZZZZ
    Landorus, the most common abuser is weak to Ice Beam.

Sub protects you from being completely destroyed by Tyranitar.

Scizor is a ******, but sub protects you from pursuit anyways.

Rain stall is much more common, and Dry skin Jynx is damn cool.
    Geez I am sexy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, but that god-awful defense worries me...
    -Sambo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast