Thread: Awakening the real power of Rain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awakening the real power of Rain

Introduction
    Hi guys, here's my first RMT here in PSN. It's basically your standard balanced rain team, which utilizes the defensive core of Ferrothorn, Politoed and Dragonite and the offensive core of Terrakion and Latios into the greatest use. Finally, I use CM Rachi as a glue and as a general badass.

At a Glance:

Politoed @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Scald: STAB move, also cripples Physical Sweepers.

- Hypnosis: Main status move to also cripple a lot of Politoed's threats.

- Encore: This thing saves me so many times it's not even funny. My "last chance" move, really.

- Protect: To scout crap and gain leftovers recovery.

Why Politoed?

Politoed is self explanitory, sets up rain for me and gives key support to the team. He also forms part of my defensive core and is my main answer to Fire types, etc.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Stealth Rock: Self-explanitory, achieves those KO'es with Latios.

- Leech Seed: My only recovery move, allows me to counter Chansey and Blissey.

- Gyro Ball: Secondary STAB move against grass resists and very fast pokes.

- Power Whip: My main STAB move.

Why Ferrothorn?

In rain, Ferrothorn is an absolute BEAST, working excellently with Politoed. It also has the ability to set up hazards, which really helps Latios get those kills. The second part of my defensive core.

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 224 HP / 252 SAtk / 32 Spd
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Hurricane
    - Thunder
    - Substitute
    - Roost

Why this Pokemon?

The final part of my defensive core. With the Multiscale ability and Dragonite's great natural bulk, he can serve as an amazing wall and also a great Rain abuser, with his great STAB moves, Thunder and Hurricane, which work amazingly well in rain.

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 SAtk / 176 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunder
    - Water Pulse

Why this Pokemon?
    Asdfgh OMFG. THIS GUY IS THE MOST INCREDIBLE POKE I'Ve EVER USED IN THIS METAGAME. Being able to set up on about 80% of the metagame is incredible, and, he cripples every fast sweeper with Thunder, and he can easily set up on common walls, like Ferro or Bliss (101 subs). He also easily counters the pokemon that my team struggles with. Guys, use this.

@ Lum Berry
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge

Why this Pokemon?

This is probably my most valuable Pokemon. My main "Steel Killer", and the closest thing in my team that counters sun. He is the first of my offensive core with Latios, though I normally use this guy as a early-game cleaner to get rid of SS teams. This guys is an amazing sweeper. Without him, me team would fall sooo bad...

@ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Recover

Why this Pokemon?

My late game sweeper, and a very good one to say the least. Get rid of all the threatning Pokes and weathers, then just sweep with 130 base special attack and an amazing 110 speed. Self-explanitory

I will do the detailed move analysis and add the cool pics of the pokes later, I have a really limited amount of time.
    Threat List coming soon.
    Credit to Fatecrashers and everybody else in Smogon for the pics.

Enjoy!
    Just a regular Nintendo fan.
    I also love pokemon competitively!

Click this link!

Credit to Lunar

Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    Dimes is a finger painter, that *******

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, my thoughts:

First, Scizor can really hurt this team. If it gets a swords dance boost in, then that could spell certain death for some of your team. I might consider using Magnezone or Magneton over Jirachi, so that Magnezone can trap and kill (or heavily damage) Scizor with Thunder. Also, Starmie can pose a problem to some team members, once Ferrothorn goes down, that is, because of its Rain boosted Surfs and super-effective attacks to your team. A solution could be to have Choice Scarfed Magneton, as it could then revenge kill Starmie and trap Scizor as well. (Scarfed Magnezone is slower than Starmie, whereas scarfed Magneton is not).

Also, Blissey could be a problem to this team, once certain team members (Ferrothorn and Terrakion) go down. I'm not sure of an exact solution for this, aside from being careful. You could maybe put Psyshock on either Jirachi or Latios in order to hit Blissey (probably Jirachi more than Blissey; with its CM subs, it can beat Blissey).

This looks like a decent team; maybe 'standard', but still decent. I may have more thoughts on this later.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.