View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%

Thread: A guide to making "Legit" Pokemon on pokegen! by Wrath, brought here by me!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Event Contributor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A guide to making "Legit" Pokemon on pokegen! by Wrath, brought here by me!

This will help you make pokemon to test in random matchups and all that, but please, DO NOT TRADE THESE "Legal" pokemon to people, that would be unethical.

onto the guide:

Pokegen is a great program to use to create legal Pokemon to test out in random Wifi battles if you do not have the time to RNG your Pokemon, EV train them, level them to 100, ect.
    It's very easy to use and a fast way to try out different strategies.
    On a personal level, I use Pokegen primarily to test my Pokemon/strategys on the Random Matchups in BW. How you decide to use your generated Pokemon, is completely up to you.
    And thank Codr for the nifty program!

What You Need-
    - Pokegen, obviously
    - Know your TID and SID
    - A browser open to look up movesets and Pokemon
    - A functional, personal GTS or access to Pokemon Selector/Pokestation

Site Resources-
    - Psypoke's Hidden Power Calculator
    - Bulbapedia (To look up learnsets/egg moves/DW exclusive moves)
    - Smogon's Strategy Dex (Ideas for movesets and strategys/EV s[reads)
    - Pokecheck (For checking your Pokemon's legalty)

In this guide, it will walk you through how to make a Pokemon. Try going along with the guide by making the Pokemon that is used as an example, and use Pokecheck to ensure that your Pokemon is legal when you have completed the guide to ensure that you have done it correctly.

How to Generate Hatched/Caught Pokemon/Legends [5th Generation]
    [1st Tab - Main]
    - First and foremost, open up your Pokegen program.
    - Go to the very top bar of the program and click on Options, then on Target Game. Make sure that Black/White has a check next to it.
    - On the top bar, click on the Language button and checkmark the language which your Black or White gamecard is. For example, if you have an English Black gamecard, then check English.
    - Now onto the good stuff. In the main box to the left, you will see the first area says PID. This is an identification for the Pokemon, based on their IVs, EVs, nature, shininess, ect. In 5th Gen Pokegening, you do not have to worry about this, because once the Pokemon is transferred to your game, a legit PID will be created for them. So just ignore this box.
    - The next box below it says Pokemon, type in the species name of the Pokemon that you'd like to generate. For the sake of this tutorial, lets do Dunsparce.
    - The box below it says Nickname. Now it gets a bit tricky here, so pay attention. In the name sequence, there are characters called trash bytes-which fill in the remaining characters left untaken by the Pokemon's actual name.
    A trash byte sequence starts with the actual Pokemon's name, following a backslash(\), and ALWAYS beginning with FFFF. Backlashes follow after every group of 4 numbers. The middle of every sequences are groups of 0000, and the sequence always ends with FFFF.
    A Pokemon's name can be a maximum of 11 characters-that's 11 letters. But since Dunsparce is 9 letters, then that leaves 2 spaces left for the trash bytes. Mathematically, thats 11 characters minus 9 characters equals 2. (11 - 9 = 2)
    So, type in Dunsparce\FFFF\0000\FFFF
    Some other examples:.

Weavile has 7 characters. So 11 - 7 = 4. So the sequence would be Weavile\FFFF\0000\0000\FFFFF
    Beedrill has 8 characters. So 11- 8 = 3. So the sequence would be Beedrill\FFFF\0000\FFFF
    Scolipede has 9 characters. So 11 - 9 = 2. So the sequence would be Scolipede\FFFF\FFFF

- DO NOT check the little box adjacent to nickname. It will mess up your Pokemon's name and trash byte sequence if you do.
    - Under Level, put whatever level that you'd like your Pokemon to be. Lets just do 100 because we're cool like that.
    - Next is Nature. By hovering over it, a long box appears, showing you which stats the natures effect. Lets do Adamant.
    - The next section is Held Item. You can let your Pokemon hold whatever item you'd like. I'll be making mine hold a Master Ball.
    - The following area is Happiness. Most Pokemon's base happiness is 70 when they hatch, and their max happiness is 255. Since this little guy is level 100, lets go with 255 happiness.
    - Next is Ability. Most Pokemon have 3 abilities. Two naturally obtainable abilities, and a Dream World ability. Pick one of the naturally obtainable abilities(Dream World abilities work differently, we'll talk about that in a different section) and put it down. Lets go ahead and input Serene Grace.
    - Form is not applicable unless you are generating something like Rotom or Sawsbuck. Disregard this (Its pretty self-explanatory anyway)
    - Country is where your Pokemon originates from. Usually does not matter, unless you are making a foreign ditto or something of that sort. Lets just keep this on US/UK/AU
    - For Origin, input the game that this Pokemon in coming from. This all depends on what TID and SID you will be using. I will be using my White TID and SID, so I will just select White. If you are using Black, select Black.
    - Ignore Shiny Leaf for 5th Gen.
    - Gender. Self-explanatory. I'll just do male.
    - The bottom 3 buttons are Egg, Pokerus, and Shiny. Check egg if you'd like to receive the Pokemon as an egg, check Pokerus once if you'd like your Pokemon to be infected with Pokerus, check it again so that the Pokemon will be cured of Pokerus, or check it once more to bring it back to no longer having Pokerus. And check shiny..if you want the Pokemon to be shiny. For tutorial's sake, lets just check shiny, because who doesn't love shiny Pokemon?

Congratulations. The hardest part is now over! Now to just put in some general information of your Pokemon, the core, if you will. This is the second tab of the five tabs above is titled Met, so go on and click on it.

[2nd Tab - Met]
    - For the first area titled Game, click on which titles correspond to where your Pokemon's origin is on the first page. Our dunsparce originated from White, so we will go with Black/White option.
    - Under Location, specify where you obtained the Pokemon from. For legends, put down the area where they are usually obtainable(For example, in D/P/P, Palkia would have to be found at Spear Pillar), or even wild Pokemon. But the level they were found MUST correspond with where they were caught! Psypokes is a great place to check for this. Because this is a dunsparce, lets just go ahead and put down Day-Care Couple, which will count as him being bred and hatched from an egg.
    - For Ball, since Dunsparce was bred, he will have no choice but to be kept in a Poké Ball.
    - For Level, duinsparce will have been obtained at level 1, because he was hatched.
    - Put in whichever Date you'd like. I'll use the date I wrote this portion of the tutorial, which is 10/14/2011
    - For Encounter, this little dunsparce was hatched. So put the Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin option in.
    - Because this dunsparce was hatched, check the box marked As egg. Three more options will pop up.
    - Game will remain Black/White, because that is where he will be hatched.
    - Location is the area that dunsparce was actually hatched at, so it does not really matter, as long as it is anywhere you can go to normaly in Black or White. Lets just put down Route 1.
    - Date is the day that dunsparce was hatched, which can really be any date-though it makes much more sense if the date hatched is the day you recieved the egg/any day after you recieved the egg. So, lets just put down 10/14/2011 again.

Phew, what a workout huh? Now that that is all done, thank goodness, lets go to the third tab, which is stats. You're now halfway there, and the rest of the tabs take only moments to complete.

[3rd Tab - Stats]
    - Now that the way IV's can be obtained, all IV possibilities are now legal! Which is very fun to do. That means no hours of searching for spreads or trying for hours to hit a delay for your seed-which is probably not completely flawless anyway. But, you know how it goes. So, for the IV section, lets put 31 in every stat.
    - EVs are up to you. Just remember that you can have a max of 252 in one stat, 4 points actually counting as 1 EV, while the maximum you can distribute is 510 EVS-meaning that you'll have 2 left over that won't be helping you in anyway. to assure your Pokemon's legitimacy, howver. Be sure to stick the remaining 2 EVs in there somewhere-it doesn't matter where, just add it in. For EV's, I will put 252 in HP, 252 in ATK, and 6 in S.DEF.

That wasn't so bad, right? Right! So, onto the next tab, which is Attacks.

[4th Tab - Attacks]
    - In the first area, you write down which attacks that you'd like your Pokemon to have. This is where the Psydex site comes in, so that you can look up plausible movesets for your Pokemon to have-whether it be through breeding or their learnsets. Remember, that there are very limited moves that can be tutored in BW, none of which can be tutored to dunsparce. I will be giving him Thunder Wave, Headbutt, Roost, and Rock Slide.
    - Skip the PP section, it just tells you how much PP that move has total.
    - In PP Ups, you can add however many PP Ups that you used on that move. Lets be greedy and put 3+ on all this dunsparce's moves.

[5th Tab - OT/Misc]
    - For normal 5th Gen Pokemon egg breeding, without DW abilities, all you have to look at on this page is the Trainer information. Pretty self-explanatory, all you have to do is put down your trainer's gender in the first button area.
    - For ID, put your Trainer ID(TID) in the first box, and you Secret ID(SID) in the box next to it.
    - For OT, put in the name of your trainer in your Pokemon version. Mine is Wrath, conincidentally, so I'd put in Wrath.

Now that the pokemon is complete, go to the right space with all the square boxes, and in the very top left one, right-click it, and then put Set. Your pokemon's sprite will then appear in that box.

Go to the top toolbar and select File, and then select Save Pokemon (from tabs) Select a folder, name the file, and then click save.

And now, your Pokemon is all done! Congratulations, give yourself a pat on the back. Now, here is an image displaying all five tabs, and what they should look like right now, so go ahead and review your information before we finish;

It is suggested that you upload your Pokemon to Pokecheck, that way, you can assure yourself that your Pokemon IS legit before going on and using it.

After that, you can upload your Pokemon to your own GTS to send it to your game, or use Pokemon Selector/Pokestation. You can read up on how to use Pokemon Selector here.

And, VIOLA! A shiny new Pokemon is now at your disposal. Now that you have your template all filled out, to generate another Pokemon, all you have to do is go back and edit the information a bit to make another hatched/caught Pokemon on 5th Gen.

[How to Generate Hatched/Caught Pokemon/Legends [4th Generation]
    Coming soon

[How to Generate Dream World Pokemon]
    Generating Dream World(DW) Pokemon is much similar to generating 5th gen pokemon. Only a couple attributes change, but the process itself can still be a little tricky because if an ability is not yet released, the Pokemon will not be considered legit.

Now that you know the basics, I will not be going through all of the tabs and areas extensively. You should now be somewhat familiar with the program, so just pay attention, and you'll do just fine.
    In this tutorial, we'll be making a Poison Heal Gliscor Again, for your own Pokemon when you go to generate one on your own accord, just change the formats and stat areas that correspond to the Pokemon that you are making.

[1st Tab - Main]
    - Name area, put Gliscor
    - Nickname is next. Gliscor has 7 letters, so 11-7=5. So, Gliscor\FFFF\0000\0000\FFFF Remember to leave the box next to it UNCHECKED.
    - For Level, lets put 100
    - Nature will be Impish
    - Held Item is Toxic Orb
    - Happiness at the max, which is 255
    - Make sure that their Ability is their actual Dream World ability. Gliscor's is Poison Heal.
    - The Country that my game cartridge originates from is US/UK/AU Make sure that you have the right country that your game is from put in here.
    - I have Pokemon White, and thats where I'm sending my Pokemon to. So the Origin is White.
    - Ignore Shiny Leaf
    - At the bottom, I will only be checking the Gender. In this case, female.

[2nd Tab - Met]
    - The Game will always be set to Black/White when generating 5th Gen Pokemon
    - This Pokemon's Location is in the Entree Forest. Keep in mind that you cannot catch a shiny, Entree Forest Pokemon! Your Pokemon will be ilegit if thats the case. You can, however, breed to obtain a shiny, DW ability Pokemon.
    - For Ball, since she was caught in the Entree Forest, lets put her in a Dream Ball.
    - For Level, put 10, because all, normal Entree Pokemon arrive at level 10
    - Put whatever you'd like for the Date. It helps if it's todays date, or any date before the day you are generating your Pokemon. I put 11/5/2011
    - The Encounter type will be Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin

[3rd Tab - Stats]
    - 31 all IVs because flawless Pokemon are fun.
    - EVs will be 252 HP/200 DEF/58 SDEF. Make your EV spreads equal exactly 510

[4th Tab - Attacks]
    - You can put in any Moves you want, I know I did. I used Tailwind(DW move exclusive), Toxic, Substitute, and Protect
    - You can also max out the PP by putting 3 under the PP Ups section

[5th Tab - OT/Misc]
    - Under Trainer Information. Put in your Gender, ID, SID, and OT that you have in your game. respectively, mine would be Female, 22197, 58200, and Wrath.
    - NOTE! that if you are editing a skeleton that you have used on a previous Pokemon, that you will have to delete any trash bytes after your OT. Your OT must contain no trash bytes, just your name and nothing else, or it WILL NOT WORK.
    - Under Extra Bytes, have it set to 66 (0x42) and to the box next to it, type in the number 1

Now, just save it like how you learned to in the first part of the walkthrough and upload it to Pokecheck to assure that your Pokemon is legal.

[How to Generate Events]
    Coming soon

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

remember, if you need help, or don't understand the directions, please post here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very in-depth and well written. I was very partial to PokeSAV for the last 2-3 years, and I just got back into pokemonz recently having to re-adjust to this entirely new application. The biggest problems i've faced thus far are identifying available/released DW abilities, and making legit 4th-gen pokemon (hatched) which appear to be traded. (Keep getting "Apparently met" instead of "Apparently arrived")

I should be fine trying to figure it out, but i'm guessing a lot of new people would probably be running into the same problem. There's a lot of trial and error without a clear-cut set of instructions.

Event Contributor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Felidire View Post
    Very in-depth and well written. I was very partial to PokeSAV for the last 2-3 years, and I just got back into pokemonz recently having to re-adjust to this entirely new application. The biggest problems i've faced thus far are identifying available/released DW abilities, and making legit 4th-gen pokemon (hatched) which appear to be traded. (Keep getting "Apparently met" instead of "Apparently arrived")

I should be fine trying to figure it out, but i'm guessing a lot of new people would probably be running into the same problem. There's a lot of trial and error without a clear-cut set of instructions.

here's a link that lists EVERY released DW Ability to date! http://www.pokemongts.com/showthread.php?tid=89785 Hope this helps you!

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus93 View Post
    This guide is the reason I registered on this forum, so thanks and in the referrer box on account creation I put in your name if that matters at all. :P
    But anyway, I'm posting for two reasons:
    - First, just a small typo; when you were explaining how the trash bytes work, you showed Dunsparce as having /FFFF/0000/FFFF, and Scolipede as having /FFFF/FFFF, even though they should both be /FFFF/FFFF.
    - And the main reason I'm here: For pokemon with 10 letters in their name, like Victreebel, for example, how would you enter the trash bytes? Would it just be Victreebel/FFFF?

Thanks for pointing out that Typo! I will bring it to Wrath's attention and have her fix it!

As for the trash bytes on 10 letter pokemon, yes, just end it with the terminator \FFFF and you'll be fine!

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Felidire View Post
    I figured out the apparently met/apparently arrived problem. Some new people might find that a tad difficult.

I was thrown off by the dunsparce at first, also assumed it was a typo.

I've only just started out so don't take my word for it, but yeah, i'd put Victreebel\FFFF

Though I guess it'd depend on where you got it from (if you hatched it in B/W, and if it's nicknamed or not.) I'm not entirely sure how you go about naming Gen4 pokemon - with a nickname - but if i'm looking at things right it could be a little complicated.

As far as making 4G pokemon, use pokesav for that, and then use the program poketransfer which will change the files from 4G to 5G and have no problems whatsoever, than you can check your work on Pokegen, and also to be doubly sure, I would upload the file to the pokecheck site, as they have a great legality check online for every pokemon uploaded!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When mentioning the OT for shiny Pokemon you say that you need to remove any trash bytes there or it will not work.

Does this mean any regular pokemon should have trash bytes after the OT?
    Example: My in-game name is FEN.
    Your OT can be a maximum of 8 characters, so 8-3=5 so my OT should read FEN\FFFF\0000\0000\0000\FFFF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcarona View Post
    here's a link that lists EVERY released DW Ability to date! http://www.pokemongts.com/showthread.php?tid=89785 Hope this helps you!
    You legend.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfIntestines View Post
    When mentioning the OT for shiny Pokemon you say that you need to remove any trash bytes there or it will not work.

Your OT can be a maximum of 8 characters, so 8-3=5 so my OT should read FEN\FFFF\0000\0000\0000\FFFF
    Where abouts did s/he say that? I just skimmed through another 4 times and couldn't find anything pertaining to a shiny pokemon's OT name.

90% of my pokemon are B/W hatched, I set their OT name as "Feli".
    The vaporeon I made was hatched in Gen4, and I deposited it directly into the PC on my B/W game - so I set his OT as "Feli\FFFF\0000\0000\FFFF"

I also use \FFFF\FFFF\0000\0000\0000\0000\0000\0000\0000\0000\FFFF whenever I nickname a pokemon, and I check the box next to it. So my vaporeon's nickname was "Vaporeon\FFFF\FFFF\FFFF".

I set "66 (0x42) 0" as the "Extra bytes" for all of these pokemon, unless they had a dreamworld ability; then i'd set it to "66 (0x42) 1". I know for a fact that i've fotgotten to set the value to 1 on a few DW pokemon, and yet it still allowed them to enter on WiFi, so i'm not exactly sure how significant that is... Anyway, I haven't had any troubles entering these pokemon over WiFi, thus far.

Also, I uploaded one of my B/W pokemon for a beginner friend to use as a template: http://download1449.mediafire.com/tg...2Volcarona.pkm - This is pretty much what I load every time i'm making a new pokemon, if yours looks similar then chances are it'll work.
    Spent some quality time with my borrowed smile.
    The gleam is replaced - Rip me open and erase me.

Event Contributor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nowhere do I say that in the guide. I said that when making DW pokemon, you do not put a terminator sequence in the OT, and always change the trash bytes to 1. I hope this clears that up.

Keep in mind you CANNOT Have DW pokemon from entree forest that are shiny, that will show them as hacked. YOU CAN Breed pokemon with DW abilities and moves that are shiny though.

hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This guide is the reason I registered on this forum, so thanks and in the referrer box on account creation I put in your name if that matters at all. :P
    But anyway, I'm posting for two reasons:
    - First, just a small typo; when you were explaining how the trash bytes work, you showed Dunsparce as having /FFFF/0000/FFFF, and Scolipede as having /FFFF/FFFF, even though they should both be /FFFF/FFFF.
    - And the main reason I'm here: For pokemon with 10 letters in their name, like Victreebel, for example, how would you enter the trash bytes? Would it just be Victreebel/FFFF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I figured out the apparently met/apparently arrived problem. Some new people might find that a tad difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus93 View Post
    I was thrown off by the dunsparce at first, also assumed it was a typo.

I've only just started out so don't take my word for it, but yeah, i'd put Victreebel\FFFF

Though I guess it'd depend on where you got it from (if you hatched it in B/W, and if it's nicknamed or not.) I'm not entirely sure how you go about naming Gen4 pokemon - with a nickname - but if i'm looking at things right it could be a little complicated.
    Spent some quality time with my borrowed smile.
    The gleam is replaced - Rip me open and erase me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This part is what I was refering to:

NOTE! that if you are editing a skeleton that you have used on a previous Pokemon, that you will have to delete any trash bytes after your OT. Your OT must contain no trash bytes, just your name and nothing else, or it WILL NOT WORK.

It seems that I have misunderstood. So then my Trainer name does not need anything done to it besides typing the name that matches my game?

Event Contributor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This part is what I was refering to:

NOTE! that if you are editing a skeleton that you have used on a previous Pokemon, that you will have to delete any trash bytes after your OT. Your OT must contain no trash bytes, just your name and nothing else, or it WILL NOT WORK.

It seems that I have misunderstood. So then my Trainer name does not need anything done to it besides typing the name that matches my game?

That is correct, but, that only pertains to making DW Pokemon, or pokemon with DW abilities, and that is only for when you are using a skeleton as a template to make a DW pokemon off of.

also, make sure the ability you're trying to give the poke is one that is released. Be sure to check the list of released DW abilities that I linked to in an earlier post in this thread.