Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Pokemon Ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Create-A-Pokemon Ideas

First of all, this thread is just for your ideas on this. What kind of Pokemon would shake up this metagame (the OU metagame), but not be too strong for it (and would then get sent to Ubers)?

Format your ideas like these examples:

Sampent (in no relation to Lampent)
    Spoiler!

Possible movesets for Sampent
    Spoiler!

Destrabbit
    Spoiler!

Possible Move sets for Destrabbit
    Spoiler!

So, post your suggestions below!
    Last edited by steel dragons; 04-05-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I haven't thought this out as much as you did with your idea but I hope its still okay if I share mine.

Name: Trio (Evolution of Ditto)
    Type: Normal
    Weaknesses: Fighting
    Resistences: None
    Normal Abilities: Multiply (Really couldn't think of a better name)
    Dream World Ability: None
    Ability Description: This is actually a new idea of mine. But since they introduced triple battles in 5th gen I was thinking Trio would split into and transform into 3 random pokemon from either yours or your opponents team. Its stats would be relatively low to keep things fair but it would have a high HP base and the three would share one health bar.

It was just something I thought of about a week ago. Could make competitive battling more interesting Obviously I haven't thought it out too well but if given enough thought I bet this could be a kick *** pokemon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forgive me, but when it comes to compiling a list of egg moves + tutor moves and workable Base Stats, I'm incredibly hopeless. I've been away from competitive Pokémon for well over 2 (or even 3) years now, but I hope this idea will spark a little interest and get some discussion going. I'll come back to it sometime though, so consider this idea a work-in-progress for now:

Name: Hoardome
    Type: Rock
    Weaknesses: Fighting, Grass, Ground, Steel, Water
    Resistances: Fire, Flying, Normal, Poison
    Normal Ability: Dual Wield
    Dream World Ability: -
    Base Stat Distribution: -

Before I go into the visual concept, I'll explain the ability. Dual Wield is an ability that lets the Pokémon hold two items at once in a battle. Can you imagine what this might turn something crappy, like a Farfetch'd, into? Fancy holding a Stick and a Choice Band/Life Orb? Or maybe two Choice Bands? The possibilities are almost endless!

The mechanics would work as follows (this will be brief for now):

Trick/Fling

*Only the first item is affected by Trick, whether the user of Trick has this ability or not.

*Fling works on both hold items, but the first item to be used is always the item in slot 1.

Items

*The second item's side effects don't apply for Life Orb. A 20% loss in HP every turn is too substantial. Item combos like Air Balloon and Iron Ball cancel one another out, thus the levitating/grounding effect is determined by the order in which the items are held; however, the speed drop caused by Iron Ball will always be present.

*Say you're holding two Choice Bands, the second Choice Band multiplies the Attack stat of the Pokémon factoring in the first Choice Band. So if a Metagross has ~600 attack off of one Choice Band, if it held two, it would have ~900 attack.

Visual Concept: A docile looking Pokémon, the size of a small child, with two large arms, and a large shell with many holes on its side to hold a vast number of items. The shell is hollow, but the items this Pokémon stores in the sides on a constant basis weigh its legs down so much that this Pokémon is always crouching; its legs concealed under its shell. Though docile, the size of its arms give it the look that it can be threatening if provoked.

Quote Originally Posted by DK
    AT, you have a therapist or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll just say Pandom. I still love that thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimes View Post
    I'll just say Pandom. I still love that thing.
    What is Pandom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s.dragons View Post
    What is Pandom?
    Normal/Ghost wall with Levitate and Thick Fat. I made it for an old CAP project that TU had and it was amazing. iirc it had similar stats with Jellicent and it was pretty much what stall needed back then.

Thanks mig!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME, SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO http://pokecheats.net/forum/member.php?9777-Dimesinbox

canada: COG-MajeSan: I am not a child molester
    canada: yet

(19:09:33) Eevee: i'm like
    (19:09:35) Eevee: really skinny?
    (19:09:48) Eevee: and haven't gone through puberty yet while some kids my age have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, Normal / Ghost is a great type combination really. It would probably be the best ghost counter in the game, since its immune to ghost, fighting, and normal moves. If it has a fighting move and it has good enough stats, it can keep dark-type Pokemon (Tyrantar) at bay as well.

@FYS guard: The dual wield ability seems petty cool. I'm not sure if it would ever be made though, since the programmers would have to program in new mechanics for all sorts of double item / trick / fling mechanics. An ability that doubles the boost of certain items (sort of like your ability, but easier to comprehend) would be cool as well. Life Orb would increase attack power by 60% instead of 30%, and Choice Scarf would double speed instead of increasing it by 1.5 times. Among other things, it would boost the power of Wise Glasses / Muscle Band to 20% instead of 10%, and it would boost the power of Miracle Seed (and items like it) to 40% instead of 20% for their respective moves. It would also boost the evasion rate of Brightpowder from 10% to 20%, so that combination would probably not be allowed. It would also boost the defense boost of Evolite from 50% to 100%, so that may not be allowed either. Finally, it would boost the power of Flying gem (and other gems) from 50% to 100%, meaning that a flying Pokemon with this ability, Acrobatics, and Flying Gem would be dealing a lot of damage. (It would essentially be triple stabbed Acrobatics, so it would be a 330 base power attack) I may have to try making a Pokemon with this ability sometime.

I think I'm going to put another Pokemon up here sometime. anyone have any ideas for a concept to base it around?
    Last edited by steel dragons; 03-29-2012 at 03:01 PM.

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, the latest Pokemon that i've thought about:

Destrabbit
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by steel dragons; 04-05-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, what do you all think of Destrabbit and Sampent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I made up quite a unique concept:

Spoiler!
    Just a regular Nintendo fan.
    I also love pokemon competitively!

Click this link!

Credit to Lunar

Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    Dimes is a finger painter, that *******

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast