Thread: What new Move / Ability / Game Mechanic Would directly change Generation V?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What new Move / Ability / Game Mechanic Would directly change Generation V?

If you could make up a new move, ability, or game mechanic that would greatly change the metagame, what would it be and why?

My suggestion (as an example):
    New Ability: Status Absorb
    Status Absorb: This Pokemon is immune to status conditions, including self-inflicted status like the sleep from rest, and the burn from Flame Orb. This means that Rest cannot be used with this ability
    How it would affect the metagame: Many Pokemon rely, at least to an extent, status conditions to effectively damage or cripple the opponent's Pokemon. In particular, many defensive Pokemon have status-inducing moves and Toxic Spikes are seen on stall teams. A Pokemon (with the right stats and moves) with this ability can easily threaten many defensive Pokemon. Also, if this Pokemon has Swords Dance, it can't be stopped with a burn, making it more difficult to take out.

My latest CAP, Destrabbit, has this ability. Check it out on this thread.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

Artist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds similar to Hydration, except consistently working. Could be a very enjoyable ability, but also very threatening.
    If I could make an ability, it'd be:

Protective Armor
    The Pokemon ignores secondary effects of moves used (Lowered Stats/Recoil/Confusion Damage/etc.)
    i.e. Hammer Arm from Metagross would ignore the Speed Stat Drop

Cleansing Sphere
    The Pokemon recovers health by 6.25% (or maybe 12.5%) per turn if afflicted with any status condition, ignoring damage lost, and moves consistently removing health between turns (except weather).
    i.e. Gallade would still experience Attack/Defense Stat Drop from Burn, but instead of loosing health as well, Gallade would recover instead. Applies to Paralysis, Poison, Badly Poisoned, Burn, Sleep, Leech Seed, Sand Tomb, Fire Spin, and Whirlpool. Would be great for Pokemon like Blissey, Chansey, Reniculus, and others.

New Move:
    Boulder Crush
    90 Damage / 16 PP Max / Special
    Opens up general move pool options for Special Sweepers.
    Last edited by Neko; 04-11-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Protective Armor: it works great with users of Superpower / Leaf Storm / Outrage / Draco Meteor / Overheat / Head Smash / Double Edge / Brave Bird /Psycho Boost

@Cleansing Sphere: it sounds like a cool ability as well. To make it not be broken though, I would personally only make it apply for status conditions though

@Boulder Crush: This just sounds like a physical move to be honest, but I see where you're going with this though.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New Ability: Cancel
    Cancel: Cancels out all other Abilities while this pokemon is on the field.

How it affects in the Metagame: Well of course we know Abilities are part of what makes a pokemon (ex. Excadrill, Whimsicott, Gliscor). So if those abilities were to be nullified what do you think would happen to the Metagame. Tiers would change a ton.

What types/Monsters this ability will target: Well I was thinking pokemon with no physical shape would get this ability. Like Spiritomb

"Being skilled isn't all that's it's made out to be. When you're strong, you become arrogant and withdrawn. Even if what you sought after was your dream."-Itachi Uchiha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cube View Post
    New Ability: Cancel
    Cancel: Cancels out all other Abilities while this pokemon is on the field.

How it affects in the Metagame: Well of course we know Abilities are part of what makes a pokemon (ex. Excadrill, Whimsicott, Gliscor). So if those abilities were to be nullified what do you think would happen to the Metagame. Tiers would change a ton.

What types/Monsters this ability will target: Well I was thinking pokemon with no physical shape would get this ability. Like Spiritomb
    Good idea, but Shedinja is practically screwed then, and well it can be a double-edged sword. Slaking no longer suffers from Truant, so that could prevent abuse with a Slaking counter.

Ability: Scapegoat

What does it do? If a status effect or stat increase is applied to the Pokemon with the ability, the game randomly selects a Pokemon on either side, excluding the user and the targeted Pokemon. All status changing moves become 100% accuracy, so it will always hit, but Abilitys will still be taken in account. E.g Toxic will still not work on Immunity.

NOTE: If there are 2 Pokemon on field, Scapegoat never activates.

For example:

Pokemon A uses Stun Spore on Pokemon C.
    Scapegoat activates.
    Pokemon C convinces A to attack Pokemon B.
    Pokemon B now takes the Stun Spore.
    Pokemon B is now paralyzed.

Good: Makes more strategy for double/triple battles
    Bad: Broken in Double battles. 100% accuracy hypnosis anyone?

Who the Ability will belong to? Pokemon like Mawile, because of its nature and other information on it.

Heh, pretty clever. I wonder what else this map can do.

Artist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Psychic Pillars - Entry Hazard
    Pokemon entering targeted field experience both defense and sp. defense stats to drop once for the first turn of switch in. If Pokemon is Dark or Psychic type, neither stat is affected.