Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Translation project for Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would love to help but never did this stuff but if if it's is easy and I was told how I would help

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If you know how to translate Japanese, then check back in a few days. We will need plenty of help for translating the story text, once we decrypt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess posts like this are ok.
    I wish you the best of luck for the translation. :) I'm really looking forward to it (wish I could help, but I don't understand one Jap word)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For the current version of the patch, which emulator/ program works to play it?

Anyways, great job so far. A lot of progress for only having been out for one day. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile move list

i have been to serebii.net he posted the entire move set of the game in english for each pokemon hope it helps whit the translation

*with
    http://www.serebii.net/nobunaga/attacks.shtml
    Last edited by pikara; 03-18-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I decided to try my hand at Tokusei.dat and I'm already 3/4 done. There's some Pokemon abilities that don't actually exist in the games, and had considerable trouble trying to adhere to the Pokemon ability typename consistency, so i decided to leave some of them untranslated (Proud Strength being one of them, the other Eevee's second ability "Telepathy" that has a crit dodge chance from what I could understand?)

Anyway, I ran into Kind Of A Huge Problem while importing it back into the game. The one-byte text only adheres to a certain font size.

I tried two-byte fullwidth text and for some strange reason, it didn't work and the entry was blank!

So what happens now? >_>

I translated "Tokusei 1" "Tokusei 2" at the bottom of the document and it didn't do anything...so I assume they way they're displayed in that image are just that - they're part of a bitmap.

EDIT: Also changing Kuni.dat's fedual houses has the names of each house appear in the VS screen, in battle and on the top screen of the map screen....but it doesn't appear in the speech bubble underneath the highlighted house <_<
    Last edited by Kosheh; 03-18-2012 at 10:32 PM.

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    redblueyellow:
    I recommend using desmume to play the game.

pikara:
    I already finished the moves a few hours ago. I just need to create a new patch for it. Items are at roughly 50%.

Kosheh:
    If its necessary, we'll edit the font to fit. I'm not sure about Kuni.dat, so I'll have a look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All right, did what I could of Tokusei.dat. <:

I'm not quite sure where the pointers are located, so I kinda just fit ability names where I could, and when I couldn't quite make heads or tails of them I just left them as is. Unfortunately, that's quite a bit, as there are several abilities in this game that are exclusive to P+NNY <_<;

So, I left them as is if you guys would like to keep the translation consistent...AND if you do manage to find the pointers. :/

EDIT: Updated this file to have every ability translated, and ignored character limits as that doesn't seem to be a thing with this game.
    I took a few liberties in translation, which I've noted below. I'm sure you'll agree with me on some; but some I was really on the fence so if they're incorrect just fix them :J

いしんでんしん - mind communion: avoids damage from partner pokemon

"Mind Communion" is a little...awkward, so I went with "tacit accord", or basically "an unstated agreement"

とうこん - Fighting Spirit I translated as "Bellicose" - willingness to fight. It's an attack buff when the Pokemon reaches 1/3 health. It's basically Overgrowth, Torrent, Blaze for pokemon who aren't starters :P

しゃかりき can also be read as "Motivation" (as a character trait) or "desperate". To make the pokemon not sound like a lecher, I went with "Motivated", like "ok hes down whos next"? More or less just 'localizing' "Buddha Strength" (which, in all means is an oxymoron as buddha was a pacifist anyway)

さいごのとりで - "Last Fortress" sounded stupid. "Bastion" is a type of structure that juts out along a wall and is angled in such a way that allowing the person who's firing to attack in a more defensive position. And c'mon, "Last Bastion" sounds manly as hell. <:

It can also be read as 最後の砦

"First Lance" いちばんやり is more relevant as a shogi tactic, but it makes sense I guess :/

きんうん literally translates into "luck with money".
    "Lucky Fortunes" works, but given that literally Meowth is the only Pokemon with this ability, I feel "Avarice" fits better: it gives the ability a different viewpoint but basically Meowth is a greedy Pokemon, so it works well.
    avarice: extreme greed with money. you can kinda imagine meowth's face upon opening a chest, grabbing every last coin x)

くだきめいじん literally translates to "Great Man Crush"; but it can also translate to "Devil Crush". Just shrugged and went with "Spirit Crush", because chances are that the ability knocks the opponent down a peg or two (figuratively)
    If it's too out of context feel free to change it

じょそう Attack buff based on fewer squares the unit moves
    じょそう literally translates to "approach run" (in regards to an olympic long jump) also known as "run-up". Went with "run-up"

いっきとうせん Ikkitousen translates to "Matchless Warrior".
    ..."Mighty Hero" works too

いあいのこころ translates to "a cherished heart" and the move's effect is "If a nearby Pokemon strikes their opponent first, this pokemon has increased movement"
    Shortened this to just "Cherished" as it's basically "I don't want you to get hurt other Pokemon, please move"

If it's incorrect just fix it :/
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kosheh; 03-19-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pardon the double post, I don't know if multiple updates can be posted in a single file.

Anyway, Bushou.dat and BaseBushou.dat in one file, fully translated (iirc)
    Now your Japanese feudal lords will have dialogue nametags and um
    names somewhere else i've yet to find d'oh
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this is the abilty list for the pokemon hope it help
    http://www.serebii.net/nobunaga/abilities.shtml

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast