Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Black 2 & White Translation Project Q&A Thread!

Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Pokemon Black 2 & White Translation Project Q&A Thread!

In order to make it easier for us to moderate the main translation thread, we've decided to keep a separate thread for your questions. If you're having trouble with the latest patch or if you need help with your emulator/flashcart: this is the right thread to post in!

Before asking a question PLEASE make sure to read the FAQ which can be located HERE! If your question has not already been answered there or anywhere in this thread then please feel free to ask. If it has, do not post; you will be infracted. Search the forums for a little bit just in case.

Want your questions answered immediately?! Join our IRC channel by visiting our webchat!

REMEMBER:

Instructions:
    Below, I have attached a ROM patch that reflects our progress so far. I have also included the xDelta ROM patching utility. Make sure you use a clean un-edited ROM when applying the patch. Since version 1.2, the translation patch includes the 2CH AP Fix v2, so you do not need to patch for anti-piracy. To patch the ROM, download and then unzip the file below. Then open the xdeltaUI mod program, and select the patch file. Then choose your clean ROM for the source file. After that, type a name like pokemon.nds for the output file. Press apply and wait for it to say "Patch successful". Make sure that your ROM has the same name as your save file. If your flash cart has trouble, then make sure you have the latest firmware, and then copy all files from your SD card to your computer, then format your SD card, then copy your files back to your SD card.

Having trouble?
    If you are experiencing lag, glitches, or random freezes, then format your SD card with the Panasonic SD Formatter. Do not trim the ROM. Make sure your flashcart is using the latest firmware. See below, for specific instructions for your emulator or flashcart:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Tidus; 07-28-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I may ask, what is currently being focused on by the team that's translating this? Are they working on file "2" or file "3"?

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We are working on both files. Check the GitHub, and you will notice that there is a folder for each.
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Check out my Online Pokesav.
    Devil's Survivor Savegame Editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    question answered
    Last edited by panosuchiha; 06-26-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why did the download links get removed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @panosuchiha
    Because we translate random and not in line. E.G. I pick a random file and translate it. Also the story texts are not in the right order, so it happens that we translate more stuff that is "not needed" that stuff that is related to the story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I'm new here but I've read every post here all 1,017 of them, and I hate to be impatiant but I was wondering since It's past 6:30PM shouldn't the new version of the patch be available to download on the 1st post like all the others?

Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The next patch will be released a bit late due to Kyohack (the project head) handling a lot of contributions. We hate to make you feel impatient but we're moving as fast as we can while fixing all the errors in the process.

The attachments should be back up now, they were accidentally removed.
    Have any questions or suggestions about the site? PM me! Or send me an e-mail: tidus.psn@gmail.com
    PokéStation: Twitter & Facebook

Kyohack: Those russian hackers must've been smart enough to google search what bulbasaur is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidus View Post
    The next patch will be released a bit late due to Kyohack (the project head) handling a lot of contributions. We hate to make you feel impatient but we're moving as fast as we can while fixing all the errors in the process.

The attachments should be back up now, they were accidentally removed.
    Thank you for keeping us informed, much appreciated.

just to be sure would bug reports and list go in this topic or the main one i would think the main one but i would like to be 100% sure on the matter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast