Thread: Shuckle Analysis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shuckle Analysis

Attachment 855

Name: Shuckle

Type: Bug/Rock

Resist: Normal and Poison

Weakness: Rock (x 2) Steel (x 2) Water (x 2)

Immunity: None

Abilities: Sturdy (Cannot be KO in one hit)
    Gluttony (Berries are used at 50% health, instead of 25% -)
    Contrary (Dreamworld) (Stat changes are reversed, so stat increases decrease and vice versa) (No information on release)

Stats:
    HP: 20
    ATT: 10
    DEF: 230
    SP.ATT: 10
    SP.DEF: 230
    SPEED: 5

Overview:

Shuckle is the pure definition of the Stone Wall in the Pokemon world. As shown by its stats, it has some of the worse attack stats in the game, and goes at a snails pace to boot.

Attack wise, it has some pretty good stat moves (Like Shell Smash) but because of its lack of attack stats, it will fail at this. Its main role is to sponge damage, and let me tell you, it's down right near impossibe to kill a Shuckle in a sandstorm with Special Attacks. Even Alakazam will struggle to even deal damage against this monster. This is pretty much Deoxys defence on steroids, and I am not kidding. However, its HP does cap at 244, its defence stats more or less make up for it. It lacks a self recovery move like Recover, but we get Rest instead. Which is pretty nice, as Shuckle can actually take advantage of this. I won entire battles by using Shuckle, as its so hard to deal damage to this guy.

Set:

Toxic Wall
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature : Bold
    EV: 252 HP 108 DEF 144 SP DEF (Better EV can be suggested)

Moves:
    Rest
    Stealth Rock
    Protect
    Toxic

Strategy:

Shuckle only worth while attack is Toxic, which racks up damage the longer the Pokemon stays in. Stealth Rocks is just for switch damage, and seeing as Shuckle can't do any attacks, this is required. Rest is for recovery and Protect for Stall. The whole point is to grind the other team down to a halt, as Shuckle can take ANYTHING that it doesn't have a weakness to. Repeat after me. Stealth Rock (if not up) Toxic, Protect (Leftovers) and this is it. You have now set up a problem to the other team now. Shuckle will recover health, Stealth Rocks hurt you on switch, and Toxic will eventually kill you.

Rest is to recover when health is below 50%-40%, and seeing as Shuckle has such high defence, you only need to watch out for Roars and Whirlwinds.

Other options:

Hardly anything outside above set. It cannot attack and don't think of using stat boosts. It all ends in tears.

Team members:

Shuckle does better in a Sandstorm, so Tyranitar or Hippowdon (Hippopotas in lower tiers) is vital. Ferrothorn is an interesting partner in OU. It covers Shuckle weaknesses, and can give it Leech Seed benefit as well.

The main problem is that Shuckle has poor team synergy, so it's a solitary Pokemon, which you normally switch to as a foothold, so other Pokemon can take a break.

Counters:

Shuckle has interesting counters. Its mainly moves and the Steel type that counter it, not Pokemon. Taunt renders it useless, which is the biggest killer of any Shuckle. Steel Pokemon take minimal damage from Stealth Rocks, and are immune to Toxic to boot. Shuckle can't do anything to Pokemon with Seismic Toss or similar move, as it can take out Shuckle in 2-3 moves, excluding Leftovers recovery.

Final Note:

Shuckle is an amazing wall, but cannot attack.

Rate, share points and tips and cya next time. Any information or flaws you see, please tell me.

Heh, pretty clever. I wonder what else this map can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Zaidon, nice to hear from you again!

Anyway, there are a few moves or sets even that I would mention here, involving the moves power trick and power split. Also, I would probably make this look more like the analysis format on here. Other than that, this looks pretty good, and I look forward to getting more of your analyses.

Check out these 5th Generation Analyses here! (click it)

I am known by the account steel dragons (or something similar) on Pokemon Online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shuckle is my fav pokemon. no really. his the best but instead of stealth rock i use subtitude to make the battle time amount even longer. serieusly i pwned arceus in some wifi battles , ever alakazam is worthless against this monster.

watch this picture and get ready to be impressed :

serieusly his the strongest pokemon ever. only few can survive like zangooze.

watch this vid and prepare to be impressed x2 :

ShuckleOnMyNubz vs Lugia :

Shuckle Bug-Rockz! , serieusly he bug-rockz!

Don't Run Outta Breath - Every Step Could Be Death...
    DeviantART

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _DeoXyZ_ View Post
    Shuckle is my fav pokemon. no really. his the best but instead of stealth rock i use subtitude to make the battle time amount even longer. serieusly i pwned arceus in some wifi battles , ever alakazam is worthless against this monster.

watch this picture and get ready to be impressed :

serieusly his the strongest pokemon ever. only few can survive like zangooze.

watch this vid and prepare to be impressed x2 :

ShuckleOnMyNubz vs Lugia :

Shuckle Bug-Rockz! , serieusly he bug-rockz!
    This is pretty much how all my online battles end with Shuckle. Nice video though.

Quote Originally Posted by steel dragons View Post
    Hey Zaidon, nice to hear from you again!

Anyway, there are a few moves or sets even that I would mention here, involving the moves power trick and power split. Also, I would probably make this look more like the analysis format on here. Other than that, this looks pretty good, and I look forward to getting more of your analyses.
    I understand Steel.

Power Trick would be impractical without a team to support it. As it leaves Shuckle defenceless, I would recommend a Trick Room team, and possibly Shell Bell or Leftovers. Power Split would be better for 1 vs 1 or 3 vs 3 single battles, as it can stop dead any attacker, and seeing how Shuckle is a foothold in any team, this can be expected.

But I'm too tired at the moment, so I will update later.

NOTE: Noticed that Shuckle has access to Earthquake and Rock Slide, so Power Trick would be more advisable, but only in Trick Room. BTW my Pokemon Yellow is glitching up. Missingos in my own house, and an old lady outside my wall, and an item behind a plant which is behind a wall.

Also invisible Pokeball and Blue/Gary. Any help in fixing?
    Last edited by Zaidon; 07-07-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Never played yellow version before , it's for gba if i remember.
    But about ShuckeOnMyNubz , he can easly beat even arceus , just youtube...

Another thing , there's a small glitch by game freak , an open way to beat all kind of pokemons with an easy trick.

To-do:

if you have pokemon colosseum.
    go fight in a WI-FI battle. and do the below :

once a player faught with starly lv.1 vs arceus lv.100

his attacks was quick attack - undeavor - tackle - growl
    his hold item was focus sach
    after starting the battle , arceus used draco meteor
    but starly survived the attack due to undeavor and kept 1 hp due to focus sach. (like sturdy)
    starly back attacked with undeavor , arceus hp also become 1
    starly used quick attack
    arceus fainted.

having a quick move like mach punch etc.. and undevor and holding focus sach and you can pwn any pokemon. lol

Don't Run Outta Breath - Every Step Could Be Death...
    DeviantART

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _DeoXyZ_ View Post
    Never played yellow version before , it's for gba if i remember.
    But about ShuckeOnMyNubz , he can easly beat even arceus , just youtube...

Another thing , there's a small glitch by game freak , an open way to beat all kind of pokemons with an easy trick.

To-do:

if you have pokemon colosseum.
    go fight in a WI-FI battle. and do the below :

once a player faught with starly lv.1 vs arceus lv.100

his attacks was quick attack - undeavor - tackle - growl
    his hold item was focus sach
    after starting the battle , arceus used draco meteor
    but starly survived the attack due to undeavor and kept 1 hp due to focus sach. (like sturdy)
    starly back attacked with undeavor , arceus hp also become 1
    starly used quick attack
    arceus fainted.

having a quick move like mach punch etc.. and undevor and holding focus sach and you can pwn any pokemon. lol
    Close, but Yellow is on Game Boy.

Pretty nice set for Starly, however we're getting side tracked so back onto Shuckle.

Shuckle can defeat Arceus, but only specific types. Steel type is impossible for Shuckle to kill with the set I listed, with the exception of Stealth Rock damage. One of the main advantages with Shuckle is the ability to stalemate the opponent, as neither side can't do anything, except Toxic damage, which is why Shuckle is effective, as it forces switches or Toxic stalls the opponent to death.