Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PokeGen Legit Help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question PokeGen Legit Help?

Can anyone give me like a beginner's guide or summary of how to make a Pokemon in PokeGen look legit? Thanks. I would really appreciate it! :)

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    PokeGen automatically fills in the hidden hex values and trashbytes for you. Aside from the obvious things (like your met at stuff, your PokeBall, your Ability, etc.), you just need to worry about the PID and your EVs.

You want to make sure that your PID was generated with the correct algorithm. Here are the 4 most common algorithms, and the Pokemon that use them:
    Spoiler!

To generate a valid PID, click the F button, then select the correct algorithm, the Nature you want, and the IVs that you want, then press "search". It may take several minutes to generate your PID, depending on whether or not you wanted your Pokemon to be Shiny, and whether or not you wanted it to have flawless (or close to flawless) IVs.

When distributing EVs to your Pokemon, you must not exceed the internal limits of the game. Your Pokemon's EVs must not exceed 255 per stat. The total sum of EVs for all the stats combined must not exceed 510.

If you have any other questions, or if I haven't listed the algorithm that you wanted, then let me know. If this is your first time using PokeGen, then go ahead and post a few Pokemon that you have made. I will show you how to correct your mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright thank you for the info. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    can you tell me what's the algorithm for legendary pokemon of 4th gen? cos algorithm 1 doesn't work for it.. (i'm trying tomake an heatran in pkmn white, i made that i met it in link trade and Tryed some pid methods but doesn't work).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Algorithm 1 (also known as algorithm A-B-C-D) is correct for Heatran. The met at game must be set to Black/White. The met at location must be set to Poketransfer. The encounter type must be set to Cave/Hall of Origin/Giratina.

Here is an example of a legit shiny Heatran that was Pokeshifted from Platinum:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thank you very much Kyohack this really help me, but i have another question, do you have an example of a legit rotom-w from platinum?, thanks again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ryusigma:
    I sure do! Here are all the Rotom forms from Platinum. They have flawless stats, and they are all legit. They use PID algorithm 1 (which is known as the A-B-C-D algorithm in PokeGen).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Check out my Online Pokesav.
    Devil's Survivor Savegame Editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mhh... regarding the hidden hex values and trashbytes, does this include the "trash name values" included when a pokemon hatches from an egg?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hidden hex values and trashbytes are two separate things. But yes, the "trash name values" from hatched Pokemon, are trashbytes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohack View Post
    Hidden hex values and trashbytes are two separate things. But yes, the "trash name values" from hatched Pokemon, are trashbytes.
    So, if I catch a pokemon the usual way and edit it using pokegen to mark it as a hatched one, will POKEGEN include those extra values as well?
    Last edited by Jericho; 03-30-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast