Thread: MadCatz PS3 controller

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

MadCatz PS3 controller

I recently bought a MadCatz PS3 controller on clearance for $15. The controller communicates wirelessly to a USB stick that must be inserted into the PS3, rather than connecting directly to the PS3's bluetooth wireless. To my surprise, Windows 7 recognized the hardware as a "PS3 RF pad" model game controller, and all of the buttons and joysticks functioned properly when tested in the device properties.

I wanted to use the controller with desmume, but desmume's control config refused to detect any buttons being pressed. So, I used GlovePIE 0.43 to map my controller's buttons to keyboard keys. Here's my .PIE GlovePIE configuration if anyone else happens to have a MadCatz PS3 controller:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Check out my Online Pokesav.
    Devil's Survivor Savegame Editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

omg thx

Quote Originally Posted by Kyohack View Post
    I recently bought a MadCatz PS3 controller on clearance for $15. The controller communicates wirelessly to a USB stick that must be inserted into the PS3, rather than connecting directly to the PS3's bluetooth wireless. To my surprise, Windows 7 recognized the hardware as a "PS3 RF pad" model game controller, and all of the buttons and joysticks functioned properly when tested in the device properties.

I wanted to use the controller with desmume, but desmume's control config refused to detect any buttons being pressed. So, I used GlovePIE 0.43 to map my controller's buttons to keyboard keys. Here's my .PIE GlovePIE configuration if anyone else happens to have a MadCatz PS3 controller:
    is there way to speed the controller its has a slow reaction time

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taiwankid View Post
    is there way to speed the controller its has a slow reaction time
    I haven't noticed any reaction time issues. Perhaps your batteries need replaced? I sometimes experience a bit of lag when my game controllers are low on battery.
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Check out my Online Pokesav.
    Devil's Survivor Savegame Editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My controller doesn't seem to work at all, it just blinks and nothing seems to happen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about right stick function? is there any way to map buttons to the right stick?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire242 View Post
    What about right stick function? is there any way to map buttons to the right stick?
    I added Right Stick function to the script!

Key.H = Joystick.z = 1 //Rightstick right
    Key.F = Joystick.z = -1 //Rightstick left
    Key.G = Joystick1.zrotation = 1 //Rightstick down
    Key.T = Joystick1.zrotation = -1 //Rightstick up