Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DNS Server Distribution Troubles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DNS Server Distribution Troubles

Hi! I'm new to the forums here.
    For the last few days I've been having some trouble with the DNS server Distribution. If I make a pokemon in the Pokegen and send it to the GTS, it doesn't send. I send it, go into the GTS and it goes right to the menu. I have the DNS settings correct on my DS. I have Pokemon Black 2, and it hasn't been working for a few days. I'm wondering what's wrong. I'll contribute any information needed.

Thanks for the help!
    [Also, sorry if I posted in the wrong section]

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If nothing happens when you enter the GTS, then that means you are still using Nintendo's GTS. Make sure the primary and secondary DNS addresses are set to 199.119.163.34 for the connection that you are currently using for internet access. DSi and 3DS consoles can store up to 6 connections (3 in the connection settings and 3 in Nintendo DS connections), so make sure you have modified the right connection.

If you are sure that you have done everything correctly, then your internet service provider could be forcing you to use their DNS. In that case, I would recommend that you use a different internet connection, if possible.
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Check out my Online Pokesav.
    Devil's Survivor Savegame Editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohack View Post
    If nothing happens when you enter the GTS, then that means you are still using Nintendo's GTS. Make sure the primary and secondary DNS addresses are set to 199.119.163.34 for the connection that you are currently using for internet access. DSi and 3DS consoles can store up to 6 connections (3 in the connection settings and 3 in Nintendo DS connections), so make sure you have modified the right connection.

If you are sure that you have done everything correctly, then your internet service provider could be forcing you to use their DNS. In that case, I would recommend that you use a different internet connection, if possible.
    *sigh* I have another router, I'll try that. Thank you. I'll report back if I'm still having trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [SORRY FOR THE POST BUMP]

I figured out how to fix this problem.
    All I did was restarted my modem by unplugging it and then plugging it back in. Then I restarted both of my routers, and I was functional. I also recall resetting my IP

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Propblockpablo View Post
    [SORRY FOR THE POST BUMP]

I figured out how to fix this problem.
    All I did was restarted my modem by unplugging it and then plugging it back in. Then I restarted both of my routers, and I was functional. I also recall resetting my IP
    Thank you for sharing that! I'll add it to the connection guide for other users that are having trouble.
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, ive managed to change the DNS, when i go into the GTS it shows the pokemon i requested come down in a pokeball (like it does when u trade with someone) and then it goes to seek pokemon or deposit pokemon, what do i do? i tried depositing a pokemon and it says "that pokemon may not be offered for trade (13266) what am i doing wrong?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ber0cc4 View Post
    Hey, ive managed to change the DNS, when i go into the GTS it shows the pokemon i requested come down in a pokeball (like it does when u trade with someone) and then it goes to seek pokemon or deposit pokemon, what do i do? i tried depositing a pokemon and it says "that pokemon may not be offered for trade (13266) what am i doing wrong?
    If you've received the Pokemon, you can just click the "quit" button in the GTS. The Pokemon should appear in your PC boxes in your game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I love this way to get pokémon and want to thank you for making it, but, i am having 2 problems with in my games and i hope you can help me fix it. 1st problem: In Pokémon Black, when i was getting a pokemon, my 3ds accidentally flipped shut. Now when i try to go back in it keep giving me more, and more of that pokemon, it wont let me deposite pokemon, get others, and more. Also, changing internet and everything like that wont work. So, how can i fix this? Btw, i even tried turning off the DNS! Next problem, i will ask after i fix this problem.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDan View Post
    Hi, I love this way to get pokémon and want to thank you for making it, but, i am having 2 problems with in my games and i hope you can help me fix it. 1st problem: In Pokémon Black, when i was getting a pokemon, my 3ds accidentally flipped shut. Now when i try to go back in it keep giving me more, and more of that pokemon, it wont let me deposite pokemon, get others, and more. Also, changing internet and everything like that wont work. So, how can i fix this? Btw, i even tried turning off the DNS! Next problem, i will ask after i fix this problem.
    This seems to be quite a common issue among GTS users. I've investigated other occurrences of this issue in the past, and my theory is that your computer and 3DS are using different internet connections or one of their IPs have changed. Pokemon requests are tracked by your IP address. Therefore, if your computer suddenly changed to a different IP while your 3DS was on the old IP, then your 3DS would still be receiving the old Pokemon from the old IP.

Please make sure that both devices are connected to the same internet connection. If you use any proxy, hotspot, vpn, or other network-related software on your computer, please disable it and try again.

For more information and troubleshooting tips, please see the appropriate section in this thread: http://pokecheats.net/forum/showthre...ion-on-the-GTS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That may be correct, but the only evidence that may disprove it is that it was working perfectly the same UNTIL, i was in the middle of a trade when my 3ds went into sleep mode. If that wasnt the case it wouldnt raise the question. I will see what i can do with the theory you have. If it isnt because of the ip, then i may of just created one of the first sort of non-hacking cloning tools for gen 5... Also, I was using a wii u in the same room to do the transfers, and of which has nothin to do with the problem since i downloaded every legendary using it
    Last edited by DiamondDan; 01-20-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast