Thread: need tech help on dsi pokemon gts

Post need tech help on dsi pokemon gts

im having problems getting on to gts on my dsi i have wifi internet at home and i have my dns setting to this webstie everytime i get online to the gts it says commuincation error power off what that means and how do i fix it went to game stop they say i have to have my dsi set for my home wifi so what do i do

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamenriderwizard79 View Post
    im having problems getting on to gts on my dsi i have wifi internet at home and i have my dns setting to this webstie everytime i get online to the gts it says commuincation error power off what that means and how do i fix it went to game stop they say i have to have my dsi set for my home wifi so what do i do
    If you have not already done so, I would highly recommend taking a look at the connection troubleshooting tips.

When does the error occur? Is it when you first try to connect to the GTS, or after the player walks up to the GTS machine in the game?
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Check out my Online Pokesav.
    Devil's Survivor Savegame Editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, im new to this site too and am very curious as to how it works to get all 649 pokemon? I've looked thru the site and gone thru some of the details already but cant seem to figure it out. Maybe i just dont know how use my Dsi? I'm playing pokemon white. I've tried setting up my game sync too on the official pokemon.com sites and it tells me that it needs to recharge for a day. What the heck is that? I thought trading was simple and u do it from the game? As for ur sites my questions:
    1. do i have to have finished the game or have the national pokedex to get the pokemon on this site?

2. if not i followed ur steps to setting up my internet for ur page and i get stuck from there, i turn on my game and go straight to the pokecenter and trade like normal? if tht is so, it seems that im still trading with people from the game not ur site. I've gone thru all the trouble shooting steps u provided.
    3. What i dont understand is how am i supposed to go into trading and connect to u and walk out with my pokemon if i have 6 already??? I'm just totally confused on this step.

Plz help i'm in the middle of my game and wana use the pokemon i get here to continue playing and beat the game.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrina426 View Post
    Hi, im new to this site too and am very curious as to how it works to get all 649 pokemon? I've looked thru the site and gone thru some of the details already but cant seem to figure it out. Maybe i just dont know how use my Dsi? I'm playing pokemon white. I've tried setting up my game sync too on the official pokemon.com sites and it tells me that it needs to recharge for a day. What the heck is that? I thought trading was simple and u do it from the game? As for ur sites my questions:
    1. do i have to have finished the game or have the national pokedex to get the pokemon on this site?

2. if not i followed ur steps to setting up my internet for ur page and i get stuck from there, i turn on my game and go straight to the pokecenter and trade like normal? if tht is so, it seems that im still trading with people from the game not ur site. I've gone thru all the trouble shooting steps u provided.
    3. What i dont understand is how am i supposed to go into trading and connect to u and walk out with my pokemon if i have 6 already??? I'm just totally confused on this step.

Plz help i'm in the middle of my game and wana use the pokemon i get here to continue playing and beat the game.
    Hi sabrina426, and welcome to the site!

1. No, you don't need to finish your game, and you don't need a national Pokedex. I think you may need a badge to be able to use the GTS in your game.

2. Pokemon are received by entering the GTS. In Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum versions, the GTS building is located in Jubilife City. In HeartGold and SoulSilver, the GTS building is in Goldenrod City. But in Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, and White 2, the GTS can be access by talking to the person at the far right of the top floor of any Pokemon Center. When you talk to the person, please be sure to choose "GTS," and not "GTS Negotiations" by mistake. You don't need to trade any of your existing Pokemon, because as soon as you enter the GTS, the Pokemon is sent to you.

3. Since you have six Pokemon in your team already, the Pokemon that you receive will be sent to your PC storage in your game. It looks similar to a PC, and it's located to the left of the nurse in a Pokemon Center.

If you have any questions, please be sure to let me know.
    Last edited by Kyohack; 03-28-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you so much! Thanks for answering my questions! Yes i am able to access the GTS in the pokemon center, thts not a problem. I did try it again a few times, i dont see the pokemon in my storage box. Since im using pokemon white for the DSi, its 4th gen GTS correct does tht matter?

1.Now as for connecting to ur site does my internet access need to be under a wep security or wpa2 is fine?

2.Also do i need to test my connection after i put in the primary and secondary DNS info, also does it matter if i ok the user agreement after testing. At this time my connection for ur site is unsuccessful.

I currently have 5 badges n am in Mistrlaton city... I'm stuck i dont understand why im not able to recieve the pokemon???
    Last edited by sabrina426; 03-28-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You should see an animation of a Pokeball falling out of the sky, if the Pokemon has been received. Pokemon White is a 5th gen game, so please make sure that you're using the 5th gen Online Pokesav for making Pokemon. If you're downloading events or other Pokemon, please click on the 5th gen GTS links.

1. Either security option will work fine. WEP and WPA2 are both supported by the DSi and Pokemon White.

2. Yes, you should click OK for the user agreement on your DSi. If you have a working internet connection, then the connection test should be successful. Changing your internet settings is a bit different when playing Pokemon White on DSi consoles. Please use the System Settings app on your console, tap Internet and then tap Connection Settings. You should see 3 connection slots, but these are for older DS games. For Pokemon White, tap Advanced Setup, and you'll see 3 more connections.

Basically, your DSi can hold 6 connections but you only want to use 1. Make sure that the connection you use for Pokemon White is in Advanced Setup. The Primary DNS address of this connection should be set to 199.119.163.34

Please let me know if you still have trouble receiving Pokemon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OMG! YOU ARE A GENIOUS!!!!! Tht step abt configuring in the advanced setup is the part tht was messing me up! cuz i was setting up connections in the first 3 connections. OMG! you are totally awesome!!!!!! Thank u so much!!!! I LOVE THIS SITE FOREVER!!!!! Now I wont have to buy a 3DS n more pokemon games, LOL! No but really thank you! I just have one last question how do i change the names of the pokemon since they are in different languages? :)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrina426 View Post
    OMG! YOU ARE A GENIOUS!!!!! Tht step abt configuring in the advanced setup is the part tht was messing me up! cuz i was setting up connections in the first 3 connections. OMG! you are totally awesome!!!!!! Thank u so much!!!! I LOVE THIS SITE FOREVER!!!!! Now I wont have to buy a 3DS n more pokemon games, LOL! No but really thank you! I just have one last question how do i change the names of the pokemon since they are in different languages? :)
    If you want to create a custom Pokemon, you can fill out all of the details for it (including the name), on my Online Pokesav. Then press "Send to GTS," and you can receive the Pokemon in your game.

If you mean that you want to change the names of the existing Pokemon on the site, then please click the link to download the .PKM file of that Pokemon to your computer. Then, you can use the offline Pokesav program to edit the file (just click Storage, click Load, pick your file, and then you can begin editing it). After you've made some changes to the Pokemon, save it and then you can upload the new .PKM file to the GTS. Once you've uploaded your Pokemon, just visit the GTS in your game.

Thank you so much! Thanks for answering my questions! Yes i am able to access the GTS in the pokemon center, thts not a problem. I did try it again a few times, i dont see the pokemon in my storage box.