Thread: Importing Self Caught Pokemon. Still clean/Legit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Importing Self Caught Pokemon. Still clean/Legit?

Basically looking at ways to give myself pokemon I caught between the various games. As long as the pokemon don't mess up my game.

I was originally looking to set up wifi for desmume, since I used to use VBA link for 3rd generation pokemon way back. Couldn't get it to work and found out you can't self-trade on the same IP address but found out about pokesav along the way. I've tried saving/loading pokemons from my Pokemon Black file (all legit) to my new game on Pokemon White and it seemed to work like a charm.

My question/concern is are these pokemons clean/legit? As in are the same as if I actually traded them to myself normally or is there some hidden mechanic/data that gets modified that could screw me over? Or am I just too paranoid? Haha.

So far, I've only had two issues with this.
    1) Imported pokemon do not mark off my pokedex entries, so I "hack caught" those pokemon species and immediately released them. This doesn't mess up my pokedex entries or anything, does it? I can't think why it would, but wanted to be sure.

edit: Now that I think about it. It might be because I'm too early in the game to trade, so my pokedex doesn't flag for imported pokemon. Only completed 2nd gym in White so far.

2) How to get access to pokemon that evolve by trading, online specific events etc... I believe this site has a pokemon database, right? I'll probably find it soon. I know the preferred method is sending to GTS (which I can't access), but there's probably pkm files of all pokemon somewhere.

Probably really simple questions, but want to be sure before I mass import pokemon to myself. I really appreciate the work that went into these resources. Most helpful. And if someone wants to give me a link to useful resources/ newbie guides, I wouldn't say no.

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    For desmume, local wireless trading will work between emulators ONLY. Some people have had success connecting to the official WFC for trading over the internet, but I've never been able to get it to work. For either of these, you'll have to use a custom build of desmume that has the Wi-Fi options enabled.

Moving legit Pokemon from one game to another, should be fine. It will not affect the legality of the Pokemon. And yes, they will end up exactly as if you traded them.

It doesn't matter how much progress you've made; Pokedex entries aren't supposed to be flagged by importing Pokemon. Your Pokedex entries can be easily modified in PokeGen, or you can continue "hack catching" the Pokemon. It won't make any difference, and your game will still be fine.

There are plenty of .PKM files on http://pokecheats.net/db
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Check out my Online Pokesav.
    Devil's Survivor Savegame Editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually there is a way for the pokemon you imported via pkm. file to be viewed by your pokedex without needing to trade them somewhere and back. Just leave them to the day care and retrieve them back. That way the pokedex will capture the entry.

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasdrimal View Post
    Actually there is a way for the pokemon you imported via pkm. file to be viewed by your pokedex without needing to trade them somewhere and back. Just leave them to the day care and retrieve them back. That way the pokedex will capture the entry.
    Thank you for sharing this with us! I'll be sure to include it in future guides.
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Check out my Online Pokesav.
    Devil's Survivor Savegame Editor