Thread: Hotspot ID'd homepage of site as 'Reported Attack Page'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hotspot ID'd homepage of site as 'Reported Attack Page'

Hi. I recently installed a new program called Hotspot. as far as i know, it's a VPN program with other features, and, having decided to look up this aul gem of a place once again, I typed in the site name and, well, I was greeted by this;

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps8515c771.png
    Link'd in case of stretchy-ness.

This has never happened to me before. But it called the home page a 'reported attack page'? what the actual hell? Hmm. Strange. I've even gone back and called up the home page and this warning no longer appears, but I just thought I'd bring it to light.

Thanks.

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Hi. I recently installed a new program called Hotspot. as far as i know, it's a VPN program with other features, and, having decided to look up this aul gem of a place once again, I typed in the site name and, well, I was greeted by this;

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps8515c771.png
    Link'd in case of stretchy-ness.

This has never happened to me before. But it called the home page a 'reported attack page'? what the actual hell? Hmm. Strange. I've even gone back and called up the home page and this warning no longer appears, but I just thought I'd bring it to light.

Thanks.
    Thank you for reporting this.

I have installed hotspot shield as well, and I can confirm that I have the same result as you; the homepage is listed as a "reported attack site," and the site appears to work successfully after that.

Antivirus programs such as Norton commonly mistake our downloadable Pokesav programs to contain viruses. Perhaps hotspot shield has made the same assumption about our site, based on the Pokesav programs that we provide. However, I assure you that our site is safe and does not contain any viruses.

These false readings occur due to the way Pokésav was translated. You may recall that Pokésav was originally created by a Japanese programmer named COM. Traditionally, the original source code of a program is modified when translations are performed. But, since COM does not wish to share his source code, the method that is used to translate Pokésav is what mistakes most antiviruses into thinking that it is a false/dangerous program.
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Check out my Online Pokesav.
    Devil's Survivor Savegame Editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, well, thank-you very much for clearing this up. I figured that it'd be a 'false positive,' similar to the way antivirus programs sometimes think certain apps are virus simply because of their nature. But well, since this is settled, I'll gladly come back here and pokesav and what not. Thanks again. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually hotspot shield is providing us free us ip address for save and secure browsing as well as it is also providing us free alert system through which we can safe our computer while visiting any unsecured website. I have visited the link which you are shared with us in this link hotspot shield is also providing you warning mean when you are visiting this website then your computer might be at risk.
    I am also using hotspot shield at my mac device therefore if anyone want to download free version of hotspot shield then visit this link. http://bit.ly/1qZZNva