Thread: Help needed with legit shiny abra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help needed with legit shiny abra

Hi, I have been trying to make a legit level 5 shiny female timid abra with nothing special IV's for about 4 days now. I have tried pokegen,IVPid, and 4 different websites pokemon creators. I have 20 copies of failed shiny abra's in my recycle bin.
    If someone has a Shiny, female,(any behavior is fine at this point,but if you have super pimp skills,awesome) legal/legit Abra, you would have my gratitude,and my thanks. I have white 2, and my girl is getting black 2 this week. I wanna trade this to her and make her day.:)(she is very ill and could use a little pick me up).
    Alternatively, if nobody has an abra,then anything cute shiny and potentially powerful will do:)
    I also have tried to post the PKM file(found the button) Thank you in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Darksygil; 07-01-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Tried to find attachment button

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Below, I have attached a legal version of the first Abra you uploaded.

Abra had several legality issues. If you're curious, here's how I fixed Abra:

Abra's location was set to Faraway place (2), its ball was a Cherish Ball, and it had a move that it shouldn't be able to learn (Recover). I would assume you attempted to create an event Abra, but I can't find any info on any previous Abra events that were held officially. I'm going to attempt to modify the Abra to look like it was caught in-game.

Since we can't naturally obtain Cherish Balls in-game, I'm going to put Abra in a standard PokéBall. Its origin was set to Platinum, so I can at least assume that you're trying to make Abra look like it was transferred from Platinum to Black/White. Any Pokémon being sent from Platinum to Black/White should have their location set to (Pokétransfer).

Abra's met-at level was set to 2, but looking at Serebii.net's Pokédex, Abra can only be caught in Pokémon Platinum version at levels 4-5 and at level 19. Since Abra's current experience puts it at level 15, it wouldn't make sense to meet it at level 19, so I'm going to use level 4 as its met-at level. Usually we would want to set our met-location to the route listed in the Pokédex, but we ignore this since we're trying to make Abra look like it was transferred from Platinum to Black/White. Pokémon that are transferred like this, will always have their met-at location set to (Pokétransfer).

Abra's name was set to "Abra," but since we're trying to make it look like it was originally caught in Platinum, we want the name to be "ABRA" in all caps. All Pokémon coming from a 4th generation game like Platinum should have their name in all caps.

The next issue is with Abra's moves. It has Recover, (empty), Teleport, and Sunny Day. Pokémon shouldn't have their second move slot empty. Instead, the very last move slot should've been empty. Also, because I mentioned before that Abra can't naturally learn Recover, I'm going to remove this move as well. Abra now has two empty move slots, so I need to adjust the final moves to be: Teleport, Sunny Day, (empty), (empty).

Abra's Pokémon name and OT name have trashbytes that are invalid. Trashbytes can be a tough concept to grasp, but just think of them as extra trash data that fill in the rest of the placeholders for the Pokémon name and OT name. If I remember correctly, Nintendo doesn't verify this information when checking Pokémon legality, but for the sake of creating an Abra of (attempted) perfect legality, I'm going to fix them anyways. Wild 4th generation Pokémon have trashbytes of FF FF right after the Pokémon name and OT name, so I'm going to add those. Since Abra was transferred to Black/White, it should have the last two trashbytes chopped by setting them to FF FF as well. This is a very complicated topic that many users struggle with, so if you're interested in reading more information about trashbytes, please see these links:
    http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Trash_Bytes
    http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sho...ll=1#post93598
    http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sho...l=1#post121983

Your Abra's ability is Synchronize, which happens to be the first possible ability for this Pokémon. Most Pokémon can have up to two possible abilities (or 3 if you count Dream World abilities, but that's irrelevant here). In generation 4 games, your Pokémon's PID is mathematically related to the ability. If you want an in-depth and technical explanation of how that works, please refer to this article on Smogon:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

I'll assume you want to keep your Abra's Female gender and Timid nature (these are mathematically related to the PID as well). Using the IVPID program, I'll choose option 2 that says "Get a PID for a shiny Pokémon with given ID and SID and IVs, where the IVs are at least what you enter." I'll type in your ID, SID, and I'll choose IVs that are at least 20. The nature value will be 10 (which corresponds to a Timid nature). Since Abra comes from Platinum, we're looking for a PID that says "Normal D/P or GBA," which Smogon would refer to as method 1, and PokéGen would refer to this as algorithm A-B-C-D. To understand how the gender value works and how to get a PID that results in a female Pokémon, please refer to the Smogon article that I linked above. Be careful with the IVPID program, because it has a bug that swaps the ability. So since we want an Abra with Synchronize and that's Abra's first possible ability, then we're looking for a result that says "Ability: 2" in IVPID.

If you have any specific legality questions, I'd be glad to help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Check out my Online Pokesav.
    Devil's Survivor Savegame Editor