Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Bit of a Plea to Fellow Members of SS

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A Bit of a Plea to Fellow Members of SS

So I've noticed there are a few members on SS who've made posts either totally irrelevant to topics, relevant just enough to keep said post from being removed, or, and probably worst of all make posts that are two or three words long which (unless you're in the pointless forum games) really lacks a point. So I hope that most of you fellow members will think a bit more about your posts and also add a few extra words to your posts if not just for the sole purpose of appeasing me.

SS Veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do agree with you. When you post on a thread, it should be for the reason of adding something to the discussion. Posts irrelevant to the thread really have no use. But I have to say I can understand shorter posts, since many threads are just questions people can answer in a brief way. I agree longer posts tend to have more content, but that doesn't necessarily mean shorter posts are bad.
    I have left the forums. Farewell, everyone. You can still reach me on Skype if you want.

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'am glad you brought this up, I think this is mainly because people want to get to a higher rank so they just write something really quick.
    (No, Im not saying everyone is like that.)
    They could just use the chat if they're like that.

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    I have to agree with DeMrTeunio on that one. Short post alone aren't that bad, but you really should think about what you post on these, or actually on any forums.

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    Spoilers: They're not listening.

But, yes, I agree 100%. These children are getting incredibly irritating.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Over there! *points at my house* Nice, inn't?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What Penguin said, unfortunately. I would also love it if posts on a (Hypothetical) "What's your favorite book" thread didn't get answers like "I don't read books."
    I don't understand how that could add to the conversation.
    I've seen forums that were composed of mostly good posts. It could be quite enjoyable if posts were done in such a manner.

Halftime ModeratorSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Penguin View Post
    Spoilers: They're not listening.

But, yes, I agree 100%. These children are getting incredibly irritating.
    Your post would have been 100% better if you didn't go out of your way to insult them.

Minimodding aside, a lot of the posts here don't really don't contribute to the topic at all. I admit to doing this a few times myself along with Xpl (See: Worst type of music thread) where we carried on our own conversation. Tighten up, mod crew.
    OLD ENGLISH.

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The truth of the matter is that a lot of topics that typically go in-depth aren't nearly as popular as topics than contain simple questions or lists. I think if there was a better balance of content length it would be easier for people to give better answers than a few words to a single sentence. Something we all can improve on.

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    The truth of the matter is that a lot of topics that typically go in-depth aren't nearly as popular as topics than contain simple questions or lists. I think if there was a better balance of content length it would be easier for people to give better answers than a few words to a single sentence. Something we all can improve on.
    I understand that but let's say that hypothetically there's a thread called "What's Your Favorite Visual Novel?" then a member could say "Tsukihime" or whatever they like, but respond with just one word. However someone could respond with "I like Tsukihime the best because of the plot and storyline, and the ability of myself (the reader) to bond with the characters." One of those responses is obviously better which saying the same thing with just a sentence more.

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSkarmory View Post
    What is this, Spitfire saying something I agree with, aw darnit.
    To be honest SS we've always kind of agreed on a lot of things, only some major points do we disagree on. On a side note I have noticed people being a bit better about this so I hope they'll spread the word to other members. I am also going to add turn off AdBlock to my signature in order to get others to do it.

Edit: I'd like to point out at the time of this posting this was not a double post, SuperSkarmory deleted his post, you can see my response to a part of the deleted post above.
    Last edited by Spitfire; 07-20-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast