Thread: TradeMurdered - Dwarf Fortress

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

TradeMurdered - Dwarf Fortress

Hello! Welcome to this, my first (proper) attempt at a Dwarf Fortress community fortress.

First things first, let me explain what Dwarf Fortress is.
    Dwarf Fortress is an incredibly complex, rather confusing but also immensely fun city building/management game – think Sim City, except instead of having to build a city, you’re constructing a great Dwarven fortress designed to stand against any and all threats, from fluffy wamblers to titans and everything in between, unless of course you’re playing the game correctly, and by correctly I mean you’re using the Bay12 method – in which case you’re in for some !!FUN!!.

Oh, and the interface is extended ASCII like a good, old fashioned roguelike. It takes a bit of getting used to, but play this game enough and you’ll start dreaming in ASCII. Unless you use a tileset, in which case I will mock you relentlessly.

Now then, on to the community part. I’ll be playing through one fortress until its inevitable demise at the hands of who knows what. During this playthrough, I will be taking constant notes, and at the end of each ingame season I will make a quick story-like “log” of all the events that have taken place. The community – which is to say, you – will also be free to “adopt” a dwarf, if you will. By simply asking, you can have a dwarf named after you, free of charge! You can then, if you want to, have your dwarf keep a journal of its own.

Right, I think that’s enough rambling. When enough people have claimed dwarves, I’ll start.
    Last edited by Urist McAxelord; 06-16-2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    dorf now

Also, add the pic.

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4382-2004-0944
    Give me my swordsdwarf back and don't let Ice the war hero lead everyone into a glacier and let everyone starve due to your negligence.
    i removed the beautiful thing from my avatar it is now my profile picture