Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Play Portal(2)?

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8873-5571

Anyone Play Portal(2)?

I'm curious on if anyone has played the games Portal and Portal 2. Personally I love these two games, as they're puzzle games with an amazing back-story and two of the funniest A.I. ever: GLaDOS and Wheatly. I've only played the PC version, so I'd like to hear what the others are like and if any of you have played these magnificent games.

Long live Aperture Laboratories.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've played Portal 2 at a friend's house, but I do have Portal 1. (Which was free for like one week because of the Learning with Portals thingy) Considering I really enjoyed Portal 1, I might get Portal 2.

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gah, I am ashamed to say that I have not played portal. It's one of those things that makes me feel guilty when I call myself a gamer.

Pretty Good DonatorModeratorBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2879-0451-7117
    I finally bothered playing and beating Portal 1 last month from my Orange Box compilation I got on my Xbox.

Great game, I'll definitely get its sequel when I have the money.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have Portal but not Portal 2. I'm not that great at Portal though...and I really wanna get good at it. I've heard so many great things about this game.

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2809-8410-0036
    I've played both games, they are both really good. Portal 1 is a classic fun game, but I think Portal 2 is better with it's gadgets, humor, and especially its puzzles. The Co-op was really fun too. I highly recommend people to get it.

Spoiler!

:420::420::420:

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    Wonderful game.. I was hooked by GLaDOS and the story in Portal 1, and Portal 2's was even better. The comedy was priceless, and it was just a wonderful storyline, with fun puzzle elements added in. To be honest, my least favorite part of the game was the underground portion with the gels - I never did well with those... but otherwise, I loved everything about the game! I haven't been able to try Co-op or the level creator yet, though.

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorasfan View Post
    Wonderful game.. I was hooked by GLaDOS and the story in Portal 1, and Portal 2's was even better. The comedy was priceless, and it was just a wonderful storyline, with fun puzzle elements added in. To be honest, my least favorite part of the game was the underground portion with the gels - I never did well with those... but otherwise, I loved everything about the game! I haven't been able to try Co-op or the level creator yet, though.
    I pretty much agree with everything Nick said. However, to me, I thought it was the only game I've played in a long time span that felt perfect from start to finish. The gameplay was solid, the story and character development was epic and engrossing. Oh, and there was GLaDOS being one of the best villains ever seen in a video game series. Just an all around amazing game!

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I sadly have not played either game, but I plan to eventually. If they go on sale on Steam I will get them then.

AdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Very original story line and genre.
    It was excellently executed and has remain a true innovation in gaming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast