Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness

These two games had a unique feature: Catching Pokémon from other trainers. I loved these two games from the Gamecube, and also was pretty much double battles all the time, which I do enjoy. Shadow Pokémon were the boss, especially Shadow Lugia. I do hope that they might decide to bring back these ideas for Wii U.

So here's what I ask you all. Did you get these games? Did you enjoy them? And would you like to see this kind of idea come back for the future?
    Last edited by SonicMario777; 07-01-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Over there! *points at my house* Nice, inn't?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't get either game, but I borrowed and rented them before. I beat both and loved them a lot.
    Colloseum is my favorite of the two and I still have my Umbreon from my very first playthrough! I really loved the double battles that pretty much made up the game, which really made battles more challenging and fun. I actually had fun going to Mt. Battle (or whatever) and defeating trainers one by one, since it gave experience. I also loved some of the music tracks.
    If they ever make a game like it for the Wii or Wii U, I'll definitely be on board.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Agreed with Bolt, I loved these games. I thought PBR was a big disappointment. I could actually see a series like this returning back with the Wii U controller. I think it has the capability and could be enjoyable to everyone. Big problem with putting a game like this on Wii was that the wii was made more for motion and less for adventure games.

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4484-8437-4282
    I liked colosseum.

I love the fact you started out with an Espeon. Thats my third favorite Pokemon. *ahem* after Eevee, of course. I loved the Chiper Peon Music...

And who could forget Mirrior B? XD

❝ I eat pears now, and stuff like that ❞
    tumblr

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got Colosseum and Gale of Darkness and just fell in love with them.They really do need to bring back a remake or something on the lines of that.

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i really luv this game it was my 2nd pknm game (ruby''s me first)
    Spoiler!

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I had both XD and Colosseum. I enjoyed XD more because you start at level 10. It was more of a traditional start. In Colosseum you start with pokemon in the mid 20's. I didn't really like that, so I haven't touched it since. Thank arceus I bought it at the thrift store! xD

Made by X

Spoiler!

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I played both, but I agree with GreatGabite, you start too high leveled in Colosseum. I also think it was a bit too annoying to purify everything in that game, while XD added the system in the lab (forget what it was called) to purify, which was much easier. I really hope we see a 3D game similar to those two, but not in the same region. A new region, and maybe give us more than 9 total wild pokemon catchable for team variety in different playthroughs.
    Forget the modern graphics and new controllers, let me play my good ol' N64 in peace.

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When I finished Pokemon XD and Colosseum, I never wanted to double battle ever again.

If it isn't obvious enough, I like Victini

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got them [x]
    played them [x]
    enjoyed them [x]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast