Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonriopoby123 View Post
    So, I just watched Episode 9. Please read the spoiler for my organized review and gentle reaction.

Spoiler!

Also, anybody here seen the manga? It's exactly like the anime but the style is different. Just sayin'.

#SHIROBAKO FOR SECOND SEASON | MyAnimeList | Deviantart | Twitch | Siggy Shop

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    Finished. 10 and 12 really gave a lot of feels, and 12 especially at the end.

I like it. It's very misleading at first, then all this stuff happens, but it's still good.

Anyone know where to find the movies? I've been looking for them everywhere, but can't seem to find them.
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssshaymin View Post

Also, anybody here seen the manga? It's exactly like the anime but the style is different. Just sayin'.
    I haven't read the Madoka Magica manga, but I have read a little bit of the Kazumi Magica one.

Quote Originally Posted by sonriopoby123 View Post
    Finished. 10 and 12 really gave a lot of feels, and 12 especially at the end.

I like it. It's very misleading at first, then all this stuff happens, but it's still good.

Anyone know where to find the movies? I've been looking for them everywhere, but can't seem to find them.
    Only methods so far are through illegal channels. Sowwy.
    "charlotte is ok"

Steam YouTube MyAnimeList

Spoiler!

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    Ahh, episode 9...
    Spoiler!

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    Nvm about the movies.

I actually did end up liking Homura more by Ep 11. I thought she was just some cold girl that wanted to get their facts straight, but now, I know.

Kyoko is still my fav though.
    Was it all worth throwing away?

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    So I just finished the two films. I actually liked them better than the anime series for 3 big reasons:
    1. The improved art was nice. The anime looked beautiful, but the backgrounds looked gorgeous in the films. The school was noticeably different, but many other backgrounds were improved. The magical girls also got some great transformation sequences, and improvements on the ones that were already there.
    2. Certain scenes were removed to keep the plot and action going, but a few scenes seemed to have more emphasis, or had their locations changed, or were added completely new. I think all of the added content was wonderful, and there were only one or two things that were left out that I missed. In general, I feel like it was a great improvement to the story rather than a detraction.
    3. Everything was just so streamlined. Certain events were re-arranged to make sense chronologically better (episode 2 of the anime jumped around a lot, but they kept it straight in the films, among other examples). Since it was in a movie format, you also got to focus more and feel more in-tune. No changing episodes or stopping, it was just more intense.

Now granted, I still appreciate the scenes in the anime that weren't included in the films, but the experience in the movies kept everything that was important from the series that made watching it the experience that it was. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Now I can't wait for the third movie - October, get here faster!

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Finished the first movie. Don't have that many opinions on it except that the new art is nice. Did feel slow though, hopefully that will be remedied in the second movie, which I'm about to watch.
    "charlotte is ok"

Steam YouTube MyAnimeList

Spoiler!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567