View Poll Results: Should There be Community Channel?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 31.03%
  • No

14 48.28%
  • If you don't care

6 20.69%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SuperSkarmory Forum/Community Youtube Channel

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question SuperSkarmory Forum/Community Youtube Channel

You've probably noticed by now that other members of this site have YT channels. So should we have a community channel for the forums? It could be a fun way to help bring the community a bit closer together and people could posts let's plays, and series (things like LREFC), and wi-fi vids, and try to have a daily stream. And we could have races and fights between the members in games such as MK7, SSBB, and other games. We could figure out the details later if this gets enough support, but what are your thoughts on it.
    Spoiler!

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4854-6748-2483
    Yes, because this is a great idea but someone has to be in charge if they want to do it, but this is really good if we have tournaments and other things here
    PMT / White Draft
    Thanks shaymin!
    Old SS Forum info:
    Spoiler!

Gaming info:
    Spoiler!

Last Updated: 4/7/16

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Meh, a collab would certainly be interesting, but I don't think enough people would want to join.
    Plus the quality of videos would be scattered. xD
    follow my epic twitter account @chairycoke

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    I voted yes for this, for better or for worse, but most people that do battles and collabs and things like that upload them to their own YouTube channels already.

Maybe it could be used as another place to announce news and new staff and things like that, outside of these forums? I still don't know how useful that would be, though . . .

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Origionally posted by Pokemon73:Yes, because this is a great idea but someone has to be in charge if they want to do it, but this is really good if we have tournaments and other things here
    If we decide yes, we could always pick a comittee of members to control the channel.
    Spoiler!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4854-6748-2483
    Quote Originally Posted by herothezero View Post
    If we decide yes, we could always pick a comittee of members to control the channel.
    I could be one of them
    PMT / White Draft
    Thanks shaymin!
    Old SS Forum info:
    Spoiler!

Gaming info:
    Spoiler!

Last Updated: 4/7/16

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    Let people do their own thing.
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I have an old community channel called SuperSpeedCollabs. If you want to join, I guess it's ok.
    I have claimed Totodile and Spheal on January 1st, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutiepuffle View Post
    I think it'd be neat if we made like a chronological timeline order for the Pokemon RPs. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eoghy View Post
    If the Pokémon RPs are supposed to all be related, I think I'll go kill myself now.
    Good point.

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm going to have to say this is a bad idea. For one, how will it work? Is some staff member going to run it, and we submit videos so he can upload them? or will there be some automatic submission. Okay, both would be to hectic.
    And the other thing is this: why would we need this? Seriously, People have their own channels for a reason. People's content is fine being uploaded to the channel of its creator. take LREFC for example- A series maintained be InsanityAndPenguins, known here as Lord Penguin. LREFC is fine being hosted on his channel. If it were hosted on some community channel, it would do all but help the series. Also, individual videos, such as the versus videos that I have been hearing about lately, deserve to be uploaded to their creator's channel simply because it gives credit to the creator. Lastly, this actually takes a negative stab at the community because, since many of our channels are already connected as part of this community, this will bring our channels apart if we surround a channel that claims to rest over the whole community.
    In conclusion, some may argue that this idea is to build the community closer together, but I believe it will create a bunch of chaos that will only divide the community.

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkYoshi View Post
    I'm going to have to say this is a bad idea. For one, how will it work? Is some staff member going to run it, and we submit videos so he can upload them? or will there be some automatic submission. Okay, both would be to hectic.
    And the other thing is this: why would we need this? Seriously, People have their own channels for a reason. People's content is fine being uploaded to the channel of its creator. take LREFC for example- A series maintained be InsanityAndPenguins, known here as Lord Penguin. LREFC is fine being hosted on his channel. If it were hosted on some community channel, it would do all but help the series. Also, individual videos, such as the versus videos that I have been hearing about lately, deserve to be uploaded to their creator's channel simply because it gives credit to the creator. Lastly, this actually takes a negative stab at the community because, since many of our channels are already connected as part of this community, this will bring our channels apart if we surround a channel that claims to rest over the whole community.
    In conclusion, some may argue that this idea is to build the community closer together, but I believe it will create a bunch of chaos that will only divide the community.

Yoshi, look at NinBuzz.
    I have claimed Totodile and Spheal on January 1st, 2013.

I think it'd be neat if we made like a chronological timeline order for the Pokemon RPs. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eoghy View Post
    If the Pokémon RPs are supposed to all be related, I think I'll go kill myself now.
    Good point.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast