View Poll Results: Should There be Community Channel?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 31.03%
  • No

14 48.28%
  • If you don't care

6 20.69%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SuperSkarmory Forum/Community Youtube Channel

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutiepuffle View Post
    Yoshi, look at NinBuzz.
    NinBuzz was/is a bloody disaster.
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Penguin View Post
    NinBuzz was/is a bloody disaster.
    This
    And NinBuzz is a youtube community with a representing forum. Complete opposite of this proposal.
    And Pengy is correct. The NinBizz community isn't even doing that well.

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkYoshi View Post
    This
    And NinBuzz is a youtube community with a representing forum. Complete opposite of this proposal.
    And Pengy is correct. The NinBizz community isn't even doing that well.
    Dang it. I completely forgot that the place died after 2012 summer.
    I have claimed Totodile and Spheal on January 1st, 2013.

I think it'd be neat if we made like a chronological timeline order for the Pokemon RPs. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eoghy View Post
    If the Pokémon RPs are supposed to all be related, I think I'll go kill myself now.
    Good point.

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Huh.

Interesting idea, but there's also the problem of equipment needed to record videos. Though I know that there is such a thing as emulators and screen recorders, but I suppose at least one of us likes to have the physical copy and record that, but that's where the problem starts. Most of us are around 12-13, therefore we can't buy our own stuff at any given time. Cameras to record video are like, what, $50-$200? That's not even professional equipment and that's expensive and I don't think most of us (with the exception of Bond, since he apparently has a crap ton of money) have the money to buy that kind of stuff. Capture cards that record video on consoles like the Wii and PS3 are expensive as well.

Then there is uploading times. What if everyone (which I know not everyone will agree) agrees to this idea, but no one uploads? Then the collab channel will be for naught.

Just some problems to keep in mind.

#SHIROBAKO FOR SECOND SEASON | MyAnimeList | Deviantart | Twitch | Siggy Shop

Pretty Good DonatorModeratorBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2879-0451-7117
    seems like a lot of hassle imo. honestly if you want to make a collab channel with your friends then go make one. this is a rather big community and the amount of work to keep the channel maintained would be way more bother than whats worth and its very likely people would lose interest quickly and would rather keep their content to themselves.

idk i think collab channels are dumb because they never know who they want to appeal to.

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Would users of the forum be able to access the channel and upload things, or would we have to message admins/mods to get something uploaded?

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'll be honest. I'm kind of interested in this idea, but at the same time, I know it will go completely bad. First of all, over half of the members of this forum who has a YouTube channel make crappy videos with crappier quality. Plus, this forum is full of kids who do not even know how to actually make a decent recording of their screens. There's no point in doing this either. Eyan already has his own walkthrough channel. If we make a SuperSkarmory community channel, then it'll most likely be full of ****ty LPs that will be cancelled after a few months. I'm sure none of the staff members would even agree on this idea.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Quote Originally Posted by XKorean View Post
    I'll be honest. I'm kind of interested in this idea, but at the same time, I know it will go completely bad. First of all, over half of the members of this forum who has a YouTube channel make crappy videos with crappier quality. Plus, this forum is full of kids who do not even know how to actually make a decent recording of their screens. There's no point in doing this either. Eyan already has his own walkthrough channel. If we make a SuperSkarmory community channel, then it'll most likely be full of ****ty LPs that will be cancelled after a few months. I'm sure none of the staff members would even agree on this idea.
    And then some of our members can't go more than 6 seconds without dropping an F-bomb.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Eh, this is pretty pointless. It's perfectly fine if you do this as a collab project separate from the forums, but affiliated with the forums? It's just not necessary and/or viable.
    "charlotte is ok"

Steam YouTube MyAnimeList

Spoiler!

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It isn't a bad idea. I would join in on it! It is also a great way to grow our YT channels.
    Where in the world did my life go? Cause it sure isn't here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast