Thread: So Dragonite is going to start doing WiFi battling again.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215

So Dragonite is going to start doing WiFi battling again.

Showdown is a good way to do quick Pokémon battles, but there's a certain feel to DS battles that Showdown just doesn't have. So even though a majority of my Pokémon on my physical cartridges aren't too well trained (working to fix that) and I'll probably not be doing as well there, I'd like to start fighting people over WiFi again!

A couple notes.

Both 5th and 6th Generation games work.

I currently don't have very much of an X and Y team aside from my in-game one which tanked in clutch but that doesn't mean I won't set it on people.

However, for that reason 5th Gen is preferable at the moment.

I'd totally battle people on a 4th Gen game but I don't have any on hand at the moment.

If you're going to battle me in 5th Gen, please be at Level 100.

I battle at level 100. I like to have six Pokémon on the field, and unfortunately the only lower level WiFi battles they let you have in 5th Gen that let you use all six Pokémon are triple battles, which very few people know how to do well and are prone to even more WiFi lag than normal battles anyway. And battling people who have a team of Level 75's is just awkward.

There's an 85% chance your battle video will end up on YouTube eventually.

So if you went and named your Pokémon after your family members' last names, let me know and I can censor them out or just delete the video.

On the opposite pole, if you want to narrate the video with me let me know and I can arrange that, too.

Respect the Smogon tiers and banlists.

If we agree to battle NU, I'd like to not see Dialga and Salamance and Drizzle + Swift Swim. Okay? Okay.

Pitting in-game teams against each other works, too.

I've had a few battles with strictly in-game teams (like, before the X and Y tournament) and they were surprisingly fun. However, if you used Speed Boost Blaziken with Baton Pass on your in-game team you are a n00b by all objective measures defined by the Non-Existent High Council of the Internet.

If you tell me you do not want to face my Magikarp team, I will not use my Magikarp team.

Because I'm still looking to sweep with the King of Carp. Almost have a few times, too.

Exhibit A: As you can see, (this forum member's name has been omitted) is a n00b by all objective measures defined by the Non-Existent High Council of the Internet!

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    I can battle any time for 6th Gen, I haven't touched B/W/2 since July so :/
    Was it all worth throwing away?

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Right. When might be a good time?

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    Unless I say otherwise, it'll usually be when I'm online. Contact me however you want if you want to battle.
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can battle for X and Y as well, ask me anytime I'm on.

Also, I'll play competitively.
    Last edited by herothezero; 11-16-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Spoiler!