Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Ideas to help the forums.

SS Veteran
    Trying on your clothes:Did you get this one for Christmas?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I say one of the features could be when someone joins, it gives a list of all the active users on the forums and it would be like this.
    Hi name! This is a welcome from the staff members and all your new friends:namesssss

Whoo good luck with that Zachy.

Hi I'm Reuben. Since joining the forums in 2013, I learned how to be a jerk!
    :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan:

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Breeder Reuben View Post
    I say one of the features could be when someone joins, it gives a list of all the active users on the forums and it would be like this.
    Hi name! This is a welcome from the staff members and all your new friends:namesssss

Whoo good luck with that Zachy.
    I don't think there is a possible way to greet a new user with all active users automatically. The alternate way would be Notice feature or the Welcome PM feature located in Admin Panel.

The Welcome PM feature can only be sent by one user (either the founder SS or any admin). It's basically sent an automatic PM to a newly registered user saying like in a PM subject line "Welcome to Super Skarmory Forums!" After this, the Welcome PM Body would look like....

This is just an example oh how automatic Welcome PM sented.

Spoiler!

I'm not sure if this is implemented yet but if it's not, then I agree to Reuben's suggestion because it gives new users fresh start to community and get to know the ropes of SS Forums.
    Last edited by Rawr; 06-07-2014 at 06:29 AM.
    Currently using SSrocks account.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair View Post
    I just had a thought. You know how the forums aren't really active, and how Eyan is inactive? Well, since this is the SuperSkarmory forums, we should have a section to discuss his streams and videos. We could have a thread for each series or video, depends, and we could discuss it. That way, Eyan activity would encourage forum activity.

But, you know, he's not active anymore....
    That used to be a thing iirc but Eyan himself just wrote a weekly update every Sunday or something and we'd get to comment on it for new ideas in his videos and such. It was nice at first but he stopped after a while.
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Banned Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We need to make more threads and be more active. If you want these forums get better we need to be more active and have some good threads that can have some good discussions.

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can we have a notification system like Smashboards has?

Banned Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    don't we already have one

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix36 View Post
    We need to make more threads and be more active. If you want these forums get better we need to be more active and have some good threads that can have some good discussions.
    We have some really boring threads around here.

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Breeder Reuben View Post
    We have some really boring threads around here.
    What would you call boring? The "Do you like A or B?" threads or threads with actual discussion. You weren't really clear with that. xD

Made by X

Spoiler!

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    I don't think there is a possible way to greet a new user with all active users automatically. The alternate way would be Notice feature or the Welcome PM feature located in Admin Panel.

The Welcome PM feature can only be sent by one user (either the founder SS or any admin). It's basically sent an automatic PM to a newly registered user saying like in a PM subject line "Welcome to Super Skarmory Forums!" After this, the Welcome PM Body would look like....

This is just an example oh how automatic Welcome PM sented.

I'm not sure if this is implemented yet but if it's not, then I agree to Reuben's suggestion because it gives new users fresh start to community and get to know the ropes of SS Forums.
    Yeah, I think it would help everyone just get to know everyone else. before they get to know the real us..
    I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by our new users.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718