Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Revamp

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671

Forum Revamp

I'll be tidying up, adding new content, and updating the forum over the next few days. This post is just a log with the changes I've made so people don't freak out:

-Other Pokemon Games and 6th Generation Pokemon games merged into Pokemon General
    -Anime and Manga merged with Media discussion
    -Roleplaying merged with Fanfiction
    -The Super Skarmory Battle Rankings are hidden for now. Do people still want to keep them open? They haven't been posted in for a couple of weeks.
    -Added a SSB section.

...List is in progress and continually updating.

Please only post in this thread with legitimate concerns, suggestions, ideas, and questions in order to keep the thread neat. Any troll comments can be redirected to the Pointless Forum Games, and any "Wow this is awesome" comments can simply be a like.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    Topics for discussion that I'm debating but feel free to add any discussions you like:

Keep the Battle Rankings or do the people in them not care about them anymore?

What should I do about the Nintendo / Fire Emblem sections? Leave them alone? Merge them?

Potentially make a "Challenge runs" section that includes all the nuzlockes, Pick My Teams, group playthroughs etc.?

New site skin(s) to replace the current ones?

League of Legends probably deserves more than being crammed into one thread. Should it get its own section or would an "Online PvP PC Games" be better?

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    The challenge runs section would work well for just about any game, so all the PMUs for both Fire Emblem and Pokemon might fit there, among other things.

I think Fire Emblem might also fit into the Nintendo section quite well, the battle rankings can stay hidden until they start again and I'd really like to see some new skins if someone would make them.

That's my eight cents on the topics.

Edit: I'd quite like a section with more room for the LoL stuff.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    I feel like if we merged fire emblem into the Nintendo games discussion, we'd never talk about other Nintendo games. That's just my opinion.
    Challenge section sounds good though, and I don't know about the battle rankings.
    Edit- I know we are trying to minimize the sections on the forums, but I was thinking smash should get its own section. With all of the different contend smash has, it's hard to talk about it all in one thread. It's kinda like if Pokémon only had one thread.

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachgoose View Post
    Roleplaying merged with Fanfiction
    Personally, I don't agree with this. The RP section is something that gets updated almost as frequently as the Pointless Forum Games section (as long as some type of RP is going on) and it completely overshadows the Fanfiction section. Sure, no one makes fanfictions these days, but if someone randomly decides to make one, it'll be kind of hard to know when it will be updated when there will just be a lot of updates from the RP section. The two sections were originally merged, but I'm pretty sure there was a reason why they were separated (I forgot why though. lol). Admittedly, I don't care for the fanfictions and rps, but I'd still feel bad if there was someone who would want their fanficition get noticed and have it overshadowed by the rp posts instead.

Keep the Battle Rankings or do the people in them not care about them anymore?
    It's not that we don't care about them anymore, it's just that we can't post in them anymore. The Battle Rankings are pretty useless if they're not being used, so I'm fine with them being hidden. Maybe when the Battle Rankings reopen, you could surprise all of us normal members by completely changing the weapons list or something.

What should I do about the Nintendo / Fire Emblem sections? Leave them alone? Merge them?
    I'd rather have them left alone. A Fire Emblem section was made because everyone started doing PMU runs or something. Plus, it's hard enough to get people to post in your PMU thread already, since not so many people know Fire Emblem or care for them. The SSB4 thread getting updated frequently isn't going to help people notice the threads.

Potentially make a "Challenge runs" section that includes all the nuzlockes, Pick My Teams, group playthroughs etc.?
    I remember this being suggested at one point, and I think that would actually be really cool. I'm down for it.

New site skin(s) to replace the current ones?
    Idc about the skins at this point. I'm fine with how they look.

League of Legends probably deserves more than being crammed into one thread. Should it get its own section or would an "Online PvP PC Games" be better?
    I think an "Online PvP PC Games" section might be better. I personally don't care much for those types of games though.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    Totally get new skins pls
    But not just colors, why not make them with actual pictures and things like Nick's Anime skin?

Challenge section is yes omg
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Online PvP Gaming" should be a main topic with League being a branch off of it.
    Also, I know it's supposed to be a reward, but please can the title changing thing be a free for all?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    I am "testing" a SSB section. If there is demand for more fighting games, we might merge. But as it stands, the one Smash thread we have is bigger than like... the old anime section.

So it could stay as SSB, or we could have a "Fighting games" section if there is interest.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    I am "testing" a SSB section. If there is demand for more fighting games, we might merge. But as it stands, the one Smash thread we have is bigger than like... the old anime section.

So it could stay as SSB, or we could have a "Fighting games" section if there is interest.
    I support it either way. I just think smash deserved more, and if we added more fighting games, I think it would please people like Uzi who like fighting games.

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tekken and MvC are jumping in excitement.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast