Thread: Chronicles of the Amarosas (redo)

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Chronicles of the Amarosas (redo)

I wrote this and posted it here before, but that other version was complete crap. I'm pretending it never existed. @~@ The idea for a rewrite hit me like a wrecking ball, and I started typing this out. :3

Prologue- Beginnings

He watched his targets as they got settled in for the night. The little one was the priority, but if needed, he could take the other two out. He couldn’t stop staring at the blonde girl as she read her little sister a bedtime story. He looked down at the file that the boss had given him, the one with information on his targets. Amelia Amarosa, it read. 13 years old. Suffers from anxiety attacks. Shouldn’t be much of an issue. Prepare for a fight. He sighed as he looked away from the file and back towards the house. The little girl was looking in his relative direction, her dark eyes narrowing slightly.

Can she sense that I’m here? he thought. The girl stared in his direction, her eyes slightly unfocused. She frowned and muttered something. Her lips were just barely readable: “Not again,” she seemed to say.

The boy looked down at the file that he had on the girl and sighed. Holly Amarosa. Seven years old. Grows stronger every day. Extremely unpredictable. Bring her in alive. He couldn’t help but growl slightly in response to the note at the end. “Bring her in alive”? How could his boss even say that about a little girl?

He watched as Amelia left the room, her hips swaying slightly, and couldn’t stop staring after her. How could a girl just starting puberty have that much of an effect on him? He took a deep breath and shook his head, ignoring the pang of guilt that he felt. He didn’t deserve her. And she didn’t deserve someone like him, someone who’s done terrible things to people.

This time would be different. He’d be the hero, instead of the villain. He wouldn’t just sit back and watch as people got hurt. He’d be the one to save them.

As he watched, a lanky blonde boy walked into Holly’s room. He raised an eyebrow and looked down at his files. Chase Amarosa, it said. 13 years old. Amelia’s older twin by ten minutes. Shouldn’t be much of a problem. Weak, uncoordinated. Gale noticed that out of all of the files, Amelia’s had the least amount of information.

That’s because she’s the most insignificant, he imagined his boss saying. Anyone who wasn’t considered perfect to his boss was considered useless.

“I’m not perfect,” he muttered, looking down at the scars on his arm. “And nothing you do will make me… Perfect doesn’t exist.”

“Not yet, Sterling,” the boss said through the walkie-talkie. He knows I hate being called that. Gale glared down at the device and threw it towards a tree, where it broke into multiple pieces. He breathed heavily and bit his lip angrily, drawing a bit of blood.

“I’ll stop you, boss… One way or another, I’ll stop you.” I just wish I could have stopped you all those years ago… She'll never forgive me once she finds out...

I'm cool like the rain and hot like the sun, I'm a neon rainbow and you're no fun~

Spoiler!

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sleepy and distracted writing is fun.

Chapter 1- Changes

I gasped and jumped awake with a start, panting loudly. Sunlight flooded the room, warming my slightly clammy skin.

“Ames? Are you okay?” I groaned and swatted a hand in the direction that Ace’s voice was coming from. I’m fine, I wanted to tell him. It’s just another nightmare about how our parents died.

“Amy, tell me the truth. Are you okay?” I opened an eye and found myself looking up into Ace’s bright green eyes.

“No. I’m not okay. I feel like complete crap. I keep reliving that night every time I close my eyes, and—” I trailed off, noticing how tired he looked. His eyes had dark shadows under them, and he slouched dejectedly.

“Why do you look so tired?” I asked, sitting up. He backed away and sat down next to me on the bed, running his hand through my tangled hair.

“I am tired, Amy… First, you’re having nightmares, and then Holly starts having nightmares, too… I have to wake up to comfort her, if I haven’t already been woken up by you.” I looked down, feeling guilty, and he noticed.

“Crap! No, not… not that I blame you or anything. It’s not your fault,” he said. I looked up at him, frowning.

“It’s not my fault,” I said, lifting my chin up slightly. “It’s those people in black’s fault. They killed Mom and Dad. They…” I took a deep breath and tried to stay calm before something happened. Early morning freak-outs aren’t exactly healthy.

“Get out.” I pushed Ace off of my bed, narrowing my eyes at his back. “Get out. I need to get ready for school.”

“It’s Saturday.”

“Then just get out.” Ace hesitated in the doorway, looking back at me sadly. “I said get out!” I threw a pillow at him.

“…But I was going to go back to sleep,” he complained. I narrowed my eyes at him and threw another pillow.

“Sleep on the couch.”

“It’s like we’re married or something,” Ace muttered, picking up the pillows. “Except we don’t share the same bed… And that would be incest.”

“Get out, loser,” I said. He rolled his eyes.

“Fine. Call me when you’re done being a girl.” He left the room and started to close the door, but Holly walked in, holding the teddy bear that Uncle Morty had bought her when she was little. Well, littler.

Holly’s dark brown eyes were filled with tears as she walked over to my bed and sat down next to me. I kissed her forehead softly and looked down at her worried.

“What’s wrong, sweetie?” I asked. She shook her head and wrapped her skinny arms around me, sobbing softly. I felt a slight shock and winced. Holly looked up at me, her eyes wide.

“D-Did I hurt you?” she asked. I shook my head. She frowned and let go of me, muttering something to herself.

“Holly, what’s wrong?” I asked gently. She pulled her legs up to her chest and cuddled her teddy bear. I sighed. There was obviously something wrong with her, and I was going to find out, one way or another.

“I’d tell you what’s happening, but you’d think I’m crazy,” she muttered. “I think that I’m going crazy… I don’t know what to do.”

“Holly, it’s going to be okay. Don’t be so dramatic.” I looked at my little sister with amusement. She was sweet, but she had the tendency to overreact about the silliest things.

“I’m not overreacting, and this isn’t silly,” she huffed. She gasped and put her hands over her mouth.

“Oh my god, I wasn’t supposed to hear that… My dreams aren’t just dreams… They’re real. Do you know what this means?” Holly looked up at me, her eyebrows scrunched in concentration. I could tell that she was waiting for an answer.

“Um…” Holly sighed and shook her head. Her golden braids hit her in the face, and she pushed them towards her back.

“You think I’m crazy, don’t you?” she asked, glancing down at my left hand, which I was slowly moving to my phone. “Are you going to call an asylum or something, because I’m pretty sure that they won’t believe you. They’ll probably think that this is just a little girl’s prank or something.”

“Relax, Holly. I’m just checking the time,” I told her. I groaned as the screen lit up. 8:40. It was too early for this.

“Why am I up before noon?” Holly rolled her eyes and sighed. She stood up, still holding her teddy bear. I frowned. “Where are you going?”

“I’m talking to Ace. Maybe he’ll take me seriously,” she said, walking towards the door. I grabbed her arm, gasping when I felt the same shock as before, but stronger. She jerked her arm away from me, her eyes wide.

“Don’t touch me…” Her voice was soft and wavering slightly. She sat down on Ace’s bed, shaking slightly. “I’m dangerous… I… I’ll hurt you.”

“How?” I asked, choking up slightly. She looked so scared… I wanted to comfort her, wrap my arms around her, but she flinched away if I even moved closer to her slightly.

“I-I’m different… I… I’m dangerous,” Holly whispered. “My dreams told me… Warned me… You have to stay away.”

I opened my mouth, but found myself completely lost for words. What could I say?

“You don’t have to say anything… Just stay away from me,” she said softly. She looked towards the door and sniffled when Ace walked into the room.

“Holly, there’s someone here to see you… What’s wrong?” he said. Holly shook her head and walked out of the room, towards the living room. Ace looked at me, an eyebrow raised.

“What happened in here?” he asked. I ignored him and followed Holly to the front of the house. I heard Holly scream out in pain and started running, skidding to a stop when I saw the stranger lying on our couch, reading a book, and my little sister gripping her head, her face twisted in pain.

“Who are you and what did you do to my sister?” I hissed. The stranger looked up from the book, a crooked grin on his face.

“Hello, Amelia. How have you been?”

I'm cool like the rain and hot like the sun, I'm a neon rainbow and you're no fun~

Spoiler!