Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future of Sonic

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3136-6577-5695
    I don't think all of the games were cash-ins. I probably haven't played anywhere near as much Sonic as everyone else in this thread, but in my opinion, Sonic Colors on the Wii is the best Sonic game and offered a unique style of gameplay. I've played Sonic Heroes, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, and Sonic Colors is the only Sonic game that was interesting enough to keep me playing for more than a few hours. In fact, it's actually the only Sonic game I've bothered to beat.

On a side note... I regard it as one of the top Wii games because of the astounding graphical prowess that it demonstrates. To give you some background, I'm an avid CoD fan and honestly, Sonic Colors on the Wii puts the PS3 to shame.

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

idk about you guys, but I just hope the music keeps being this good

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This is sort of a weird topic for me since the original Sonic was the first video game I can ever remember playing. It instilled in me a love of video games that still burns as hotly today. I was quite a hardcore fan of Sonic games throughout the years and played pretty much any sub par game Sega put out. Since most people hail Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes as good Sonic games I would say the only game of that ilk since then has been Sonic Generations. The problem is Sega took all of the positive feedback they got from Generations and then went on to produce some of the worst Sonic games yet. Its frustrating as someone who grew up on Sonic hype but I'm just not sure they have it in them anymore.

I don't even think I would want to see a Sonic Adventure 3 at this point because they cannot be trusted to come out with the quality we would hope for. I would take an HD remake of the original trilogy because surely they can't mess that up. Sorry for the negativity I just have felt nothing but apathy for Sonic for a longgggg time.

*note: I only played Sonic Colors briefly and watched a LP of it so I have no idea if its really good or not.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Nobody mentions sonic 4 episodes 1 and 2. Those are download titles on wiiware and psn and xbla. They are basically a sequel to sonic 3, and they are great. Colors was also fantastic, and generations seems really fun from what I've seen. Also, I LIKE the werehog stages in unleashed, so I like that game. Come at me lol.

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    I have nothing against the Werehog stages in Unleashed, but the pacing of the game was horribly awkward at least in my personal experience because you'd clear the Sonic stages in like 5 minutes and then the Werehog ones took like an hour lol.

Also thanks for the killer music, Zelda.

Banned Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have always said this, but if the Werehog were to be replaced with Knuckles, then the sonic community would have almost no issue with the game.

I myself didn't really care at all for the Werehog. I didn't like it but I also didn't hate it. It was just a meh thing to me and I got through the modes that did have the Werehog swiftly even though they were a little bit more challenging than the day time stages.

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    ^You might be right about that Knuckles analogy.

In Sonic Adventure 2 (when I was a kid at least), the Knuckles stages where you had to collect the Emeralds were obnoxiously difficult and time consuming.

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    Yeah, the Knuckles/Rouge stages can literally go to hell. Tbh, I think Sonic Adventure 2 as a whole is rather outdated and hasn't aged all too well. When compared to Colours, Unleashed and Generations (which is an unfair comparison, I realise, but for the ungodly amount of praise the Sonic fanbase gives this game, I think it's justifiable) it really isn't anything special. The Sonic/Shadow stages were alright, the Knuckles/Rouge stages were annoying and the Tails/Eggman stages seemed very tacked on. Sonic Adventure 3 (to me at least) really isn't a great idea UNLESS they use the same engine as Unleashed and Generations, but with the stunning visuals of Colours or Lost World. If it was that, and they made improvements to the other two types of stages, I would be all for it.

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I agree completely with Gengar about the overly hyped SA2. It isn't fair to compare them, but at the same time, Generations (imo) is a far better game than Sonic Adventure 2 ever thought about being. When I look back on it its a lot of nostalgia and time spent in the chao world more than appreciating the mechanics or design. A lot of people whine about the Knux/Rogue stages but truthfully it was the Tails/Eggman stages that made me hate living. The controls for the mechs are abysmal and a lot of the levels are buggy and poorly designed (also imo). At least with Knuckles and Rogue it was kind of fun to explore an open worldish area minus the mine one. Fudge that place.

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...Mad Space was the stupidest location.

Plus, who wants to play the same place a second time when there's already a place modeled after it?

Also, has anyone besides me played the Sonic Rush games?

Those are like some of the best Sonic games.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast